[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Nekstati

Moving KB outside the phpbb_root_path

Post by Nekstati »

Thanks for nice mod.

I'd like the knowledge base to be in mysite.com/kb/index.php instead of mysite.com/forum/kb.php. How can I correctly change the root of the knowledge base? I changed it by editing paths in multiple scripts, and all seems to work good, but I'd like more simple way approved by authors.
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Re: PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by poppertom69 »

The way you have done it is the only way at the moment, I am planning to change this so next time you can change everything by just changing a constant
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Imladris wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Hello, I keep loosing the permissions settings I set for all groups and it's categories.

Is there something i missed?
This is apparently a bug that resurfaces quite a lot, and I haven't been able to find out why and how it is provoked. We are working very hard on fixing it for the next version, with a complete overhaul of our permission system. :|
Strange indeed. Will there be a released fix for us in the meanwhile so we do not have to wait for so long, unless the next release is coming soon? Anyway, glad you guys are finding a fix for it. Goodluck! :)
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris »

Peter77sx wrote:
Imladris wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Hello, I keep loosing the permissions settings I set for all groups and it's categories.

This is apparently a bug that resurfaces quite a lot, and I haven't been able to find out why and how it is provoked. We are working very hard on fixing it for the next version, with a complete overhaul of our permission system. :|
Strange indeed. Will there be a released fix for us in the meanwhile so we do not have to wait for so long, unless the next release is coming soon? Anyway, glad you guys are finding a fix for it. Goodluck! :)
There wont be a specific fix, as it would be rather complicated to introduce, but 1.0.1 is almost finished... we just need one or 2 more features before we will begin final testing. But Christmas is sort of busy for both me and Tom, but we will do our best to release 1.0.1 as soon as possible, but do not expect it until after Christmas...

Merry Christmas to you all.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
CMA

Post by CMA »

thats great news.... so i can wait... well... if not too long after christmas... ;p

but i wonder do you consider my requests?

of course same for you, happy x-mas...
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Got a little bug, everything working find I have no comments i did a trst comment then deleted it for my articles but it now says -1 on the stats box?
mfrankena

Post by mfrankena »

well we really could use this mod on our forums!
You'd reconsider supporting Subsilver style if you got paid for it?! :mrgreen:

I'm serious, we'd be willing to pay if you would make the modifications for that style asap ;-)
cause our theme is based on the subsilver style.
Regards,
Martin

Sites: BF2CC Admin // 2142CC Admin // M.B.T. Admin // Homepage
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Post by poppertom69 »

How soon do you need it? as are planning but not sure how soon. When do you need it by?
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
mfrankena

Post by mfrankena »

poppertom69 wrote:How soon do you need it? as are planning but not sure how soon. When do you need it by?
as soon as possible if it is ;-)
I'm currently setting up a complete new and fresh board. Last year we did an upgrade from our old phpbb2 to phpbb3 forum because i wanted to keep the thousands of topics, threads and users.
The board was heavily modded and in the end something screwed it totally. So i have decided to start all over again and keep the old board as an archive.
As soon as you can prepare the subs. template, i can install and incorporate it into our board and turn it live ;-)

Thnx for the positive news ;-) :mrgreen:
Regards,
Martin

Sites: BF2CC Admin // 2142CC Admin // M.B.T. Admin // Homepage
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Imladris wrote:

Still happens to me too quite a lot.
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Question how can i make my articles display in alphabetical order instead of newest first please?
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

@Imladris: please add an appropriate tag to the topic title as per rule 3a.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:Question how can i make my articles display in alphabetical order instead of newest first please?
Not by default no... but the user can do so by himself. This feature might be available in the future.
Best regards,
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Imladris wrote:
vonhazey wrote:Question how can i make my articles display in alphabetical order instead of newest first please?
Not by default no... but the user can do so by himself. This feature might be available in the future.
Is there a quick way of making this default?
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:
Imladris wrote:
Is there a quick way of making this default?
Open includes/kb.php

Find (line 383):

Code: Select all

case 'name':
After-add:

case '':
default:
Find (line 399-401):

case 'time':
case '':
default:
Replace with:

case 'time':
This should make it work.
Best regards,

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”