[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

azzurri wrote:Awesome job! I just finished updating and all went great.

A couple of questions.

I didn't see a list with what was fixed in the new version. The problem with permissions disappearing now and then, has this been fixed in this version?
This should have been fixed, I'm afraid I'm a bit lazy with the changelog :oops: but the permission system has been revamped, and should work now.
azzurri wrote: Also, I have made quite a few changes to the template files, so I didn't update them. It still looks good. Is there something special I will miss out on?
This post shows you the changes in the prosilver template.
azzurri wrote:Same with language pack. I translated it all to Swedish and I don't wish to update the language pack. Did you make a lot of changes to this? Maybe I could change it manually.

Thank you!
This thread holds info on what has been changed in the language files.

Oh and if you have translated it, please make a topic in that forum with your translation so other people can enjoy it. Thank you.
Last edited by Imladris on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Since I upgraded last night I have an error, when I psot a new article on the KB Categories page it does not show the latest article it still says No information regarding latest articles. and the article count still says zero and in the article stats plugin it says zero as well, how can i fix this.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:Since I upgraded last night I have an error, when I psot a new article on the KB Categories page it does not show the latest article it still says No information regarding latest articles. and the article count still says zero and in the article stats plugin it says zero as well, how can i fix this.
Are you sure you have approved the article? That is usually the problem. You can also set a permission so users can post without approval.

It has just come to my attention that an old bug has resurfaced, due to my SVN client screwing up... this means that when editing regular permissions, you wont see any names on the header.
Either redownload the package or make the following changes:
Open: language/en/mods/permissions_kb.php
Find:

Code: Select all

'permission_cat'		=> array(
		'kb'				=> 'Knowledge Base',
		'read'				=> 'Read permissions',
		'write'				=> 'Write permissions',
	),

'permission_type'		=> array(
		'kb_'				=> 'Knowledge Base',
	),
Delete this, save the file and upload.
Best regards,
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Imladris wrote:
vonhazey wrote:Since I upgraded last night I have an error, when I psot a new article on the KB Categories page it does not show the latest article it still says No information regarding latest articles. and the article count still says zero and in the article stats plugin it says zero as well, how can i fix this.
Are you sure you have approved the article? That is usually the problem. You can also set a permission so users can post without approval.

I have full KB access, the article is there and showing and the bot has posted in the formu to say there is a new article but nothing it does not say anything on the KB Cats page or stats box. in the acp it also says the category has no articles

Also in the ACP when setting a new permission Role it says this { ACL_TYPE } on the page?

Edit: reverted by to version 1.0.0 and its working fine :?:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:
Imladris wrote:
I have full KB access, the article is there and showing and the bot has posted in the formu to say there is a new article but nothing it does not say anything on the KB Cats page or stats box. in the acp it also says the category has no articles

Also in the ACP when setting a new permission Role it says this { ACL_TYPE } on the page?

Edit: reverted by to version 1.0.0 and its working fine :?:
Erm this sounds really odd, because I can't really confirm it locally or on kb.softphp.dk. Are you sure you approved the article and everything? The ACL_TYPE I will look into. Please try to update again, just in case you missed something during the update.

Has anyone had any problems with the permission system yet?
Best regards,
Nekstati

Post by Nekstati »

{ ACL_TYPE }
kopacko

Post by kopacko »

Hello,
I upgraded from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 and when I attempt to "alter the status" or "delete" an article, I have the following error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Out of range value adjusted for column 'cat_articles' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_article_cats SET cat_articles = cat_articles - 1 WHERE cat_id = 1
Please note that I had this error on 1.0.0 but it wasn't a big deal to me because it did actually delete the article from the database.
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

So far my permission system works like a charm! :D
Nekstati

Post by Nekstati »

Imladris, poppertom69, did you try to turn on DEBUG_EXTRA? So mush mistakes in v. 1.0.1…
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Nekstati wrote:Imladris, poppertom69, did you try to turn on DEBUG_EXTRA? So mush mistakes in v. 1.0.1…
Are you serious? I have DEBUG_EXTRA turned on locally and it gives me no errors... Please describe a few concrete ones.
Best regards,
flcl_naota

SQL ERROR

Post by flcl_naota »

Help~!
Installing 1.0.1 I got the SQL error message

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table 'hostname.phpbb_article_plugins' doesn't exist [1146]
bla bla...
As the same reason I can't uninstall this mod from Mod Maintenance page in ACP.
What I should do now?
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

You guy's are obviously installing it wrong or you're doing something crazy because I updated with no problems at all. Just to let you know.
Nekstati

Post by Nekstati »

Imladris wrote:Please describe a few concrete ones.
Testing on phpBB 3.0.6 (clean install) + phpbb3_kb 1.0.1 (installed with AutoMOD 1.0.0-RC3 with no mistakes). PHP v. 5.2.4.

Opening kb.php:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php  on line 123: Undefined variable: user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php on line 123: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php on line 166: Undefined variable: config
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php on line 166: Undefined variable: config
Opening an article (kb.php?a=1):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_kb.php  on line 2046: Undefined variable: ra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php on line 123: Undefined variable: user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php on line 123: Trying to get property of non-object
Viewing revision differences (kb.php?dt=a_1&df=2&submit=View+revision+differences&i=history&a=1):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_plugins_kb.php  on line 123: Undefined variable: user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 278: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 292: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 295: Undefined offset: 1
Adding new article:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 292: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 295: Undefined offset: 1
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

My guess is that AutoMod is messing it up because I installed in manually and have no errors at all.
urednik

Post by urednik »

I notice, that automod sometimes "forget" to copy files.
1. Try to upload files (root) manual.
2. Check all steps in install file, special those related to language and style change.

I install by automod, and it works ... ( http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1935945 )

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”