[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
poppertom69
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:44 am
Location: Bucks, UK
Name: Tom Martin

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by poppertom69 »

Ok I have just got back from holiday so will look into the bot tomorrow and see what is happening and why it is messing the other code up
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
ttuu
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by ttuu »

when users try to see article you have this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method user::acl_get() in D:\hshome\enativ\enativ.com\forum\includes\kb.php
on line 1004
the line is:

Code: Select all

			'U_EDIT'			=> (!$user->data['is_registered']) ? '' : (($user->data['user_id'] == $article_data['article_user_id'] && $auth->acl_get('u_kb_edit', $this->cat_id)) || $auth->acl_get('m_kb_edit') || ($article_data['article_open'] && $user->acl_get('u_kb_add_co', $this->cat_id))) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}kb.$phpEx", "i=edit&c=$this->cat_id&a=$this->article_id") : '',
admin cannot get this error
please help.
Imladris
Registered User
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Name: Andreas Nexmann
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

ttuu wrote:when users try to see article you have this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method user::acl_get() in D:\hshome\enativ\enativ.com\forum\includes\kb.php
on line 1004
the line is:

Code: Select all

			'U_EDIT'			=> (!$user->data['is_registered']) ? '' : (($user->data['user_id'] == $article_data['article_user_id'] && $auth->acl_get('u_kb_edit', $this->cat_id)) || $auth->acl_get('m_kb_edit') || ($article_data['article_open'] && $user->acl_get('u_kb_add_co', $this->cat_id))) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}kb.$phpEx", "i=edit&c=$this->cat_id&a=$this->article_id") : '',
admin cannot get this error
please help.
Tiny typo in the code I'm afraid, replace $user->acl_get (it occurs once) with $auth->acl_get. The SVN has been updated.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
flcl_naota
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 am

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by flcl_naota »

Imladris wrote:@flcl_naota
Installation problems sounds really odd, even though I doubt Automod is the problem, try removing it and reinstall it manually.
O.K.
How can I remove this clearly?
I have deleted all the KB files and KB db tables.
and reinstalled this mod manually but when I run kb.php,

Code: Select all

You have closed the browser or have been cut off from the internet in the middle of a page load. Unfortunately this has caused the installation to fail and is, most likely, broken. We recommend you to uninstall the remnants manually and restart the installation from scratch.
Help me :cry:
poppertom69
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:44 am
Location: Bucks, UK
Name: Tom Martin

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by poppertom69 »

Remove this entry from phpbb_config table

Code: Select all

kb_install_step
and then purge your cache!
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
vonhazey
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by vonhazey »

Been doing further testing of this mod, I've found the posting bot causes the erros on the KB index page, if enabled the Articles count does not go up, the Latest articles does not show latest article and the same in the plugins like stats.

In the ACP when setting KB roles this shows above permissions: { ACL_TYPE }

The bookmark and other icons such as word don't display, even after refreshing imagesent/theme etc.

Thats all bugs i've found so far will check for more. Also is there supposed to be a special mcp page?


Edit: also noticed that neither a users avatar or this (
<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_ARTICLES}: {postrow.POSTER_ARTICLES}</strong></dd><!-- ENDIF -->)
Are not displaying when a user makes a comment
Image
User avatar
killaziller
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Torrance
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by killaziller »

In the ACP, General Settings: "Allow signitures to be used" It should be signatures
ZeroZaku - The phpBB playground of a highschool web designer with a suspicious attraction. It's like catharsis.
Imladris
Registered User
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Name: Andreas Nexmann
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:Been doing further testing of this mod, I've found the posting bot causes the erros on the KB index page, if enabled the Articles count does not go up, the Latest articles does not show latest article and the same in the plugins like stats.

In the ACP when setting KB roles this shows above permissions: { ACL_TYPE }

The bookmark and other icons such as word don't display, even after refreshing imagesent/theme etc.
This has been fixed in the SVN already.
vonhazey wrote:Thats all bugs i've found so far will check for more. Also is there supposed to be a special mcp page?
Yes there is supposed to be a special MCP page... it automatically appears after installing, if you have given the users the correct permissions. See our page for more info on setting permissions. All the bugs fixed in the SVN will be released with the next version, which is coming soon.
vonhazey wrote:Edit: also noticed that neither a users avatar or this (
<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_ARTICLES}: {postrow.POSTER_ARTICLES}</strong></dd><!-- ENDIF -->)
Are not displaying when a user makes a comment
Thank you for reporting these, they have been fixed in the SVN now.
killaziller wrote:In the ACP, General Settings: "Allow signitures to be used" It should be signatures
Fixed.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
vonhazey
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by vonhazey »

Great stuff but I have given my self full access to everything yet can access the mcp panel...?

Also any luck with the KB_bot yet?
Image
User avatar
Stickygreen
Registered User
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Stickygreen »

Is this ready for primetime yet?

I can do without the post bot. I'd just hate to through this out there for my users and it be buggy and get stuck with it since they will be writing content to it...
Imladris
Registered User
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Name: Andreas Nexmann
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

vonhazey wrote:Great stuff but I have given my self full access to everything yet can access the mcp panel...?

Also any luck with the KB_bot yet?
Erm you must have missed something with the MCP, else try to check whether they are installed via your ACP. It's in System tab under MCP.

The KB bot should have been fixed now and is working like a charm.
Stickygreen wrote:Is this ready for primetime yet?

I can do without the post bot. I'd just hate to through this out there for my users and it be buggy and get stuck with it since they will be writing content to it...
With 1.0.1 there is still quite a lot of bugs. But today I will ready 1.0.2RC1 for release, might even release it today, that should be nearly bugfree. Whenever we have a confirmed bugfree version of 1.0.2RC's, we will upgrade it to 1.0.2 and will submit it to the ModDB. Personally I wouldn't use it before they approve it for the ModDB
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
Imladris
Registered User
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Name: Andreas Nexmann
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

PhpBB3 KB Mod 1.0.2RC1 has been released
This is the first release candidate for KB Mod 1.0.2. This version will only introduce one minor feature, else it will focus on getting rid of all them bugs. You can view more information here: here.

Author notes:
There are several changes in the phpBB core files, please make sure you check these out in the file contrib/update_1.0.1_to_1.0.2RC1.xml, it should contain all the information you need.
Check out our own sites Knowledge Base for video guides on how to install and configure the mod.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
vonhazey
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by vonhazey »

Great stuff will wait for the full release, I'm still having no luck accessing the mcp, on the KB pages it just sends me to the normal mcp??
Image
User avatar
zake black
Registered User
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:34 am
Location: Milton Keynes (UK)
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by zake black »

Imladris wrote:PhpBB3 KB Mod 1.0.2RC1 has been released
This is the first release candidate for KB Mod 1.0.2. This version will only introduce one minor feature, else it will focus on getting rid of all them bugs. You can view more information here: here.

Author notes:
There are several changes in the phpBB core files, please make sure you check these out in the file contrib/update_1.0.1_to_1.0.2RC1.xml, it should contain all the information you need.
Check out our own sites Knowledge Base for video guides on how to install and configure the mod.
Not been active on this one in a while but keeping an eye on it :D

I'll get a test up and running on this latest release as soon as i can and feedback
sitwi
Registered User
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by sitwi »

((long question deleted as i solved the problem myself just after i posted) :oops:
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”