[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
zake black

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by zake black »

Just thought id give some feedback, installed on a test board (exact copy of my live board)

Main knowledge base view. Classic view tested only. although i deleted all articles the latest article list was still populated?

Clicking on breadcrumb (article title only results in 404 page not found) all other parts of breadcrumb are fine

knowledge base search? is their a search option?

What is the point of tags? as i dont seem to be able to find a way of searching on tags?

Is it possible to make an article a sticky?

Overall all looks good. development progressing well.

An option i think i would like to see if possible, is to be able to configure a posting template that is forced on for example on certain Categories so for example if i have 3 Categories 1 called sites, another manufactures, and a third parts i could have 1 template for sites another for manufactures and free type on parts?

oh one other thing. if i set the copyright notice post some articles. then change the copyright notice will this change on those existing articles?

Nice one guys :)
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

Thanks for including the copyright notice bit. I was wondering if you could change the "philosophy" of the copyright system a bit though.
I would like to be able to put a (potentially) different copyright notice for every article.
Also I would like to be able to put a link as the copyright notice that links to my (long drawn out) copyright notice page and be able to edit the label for the link. Please open link in new window.

Very nice job on this mod guys. Not to mention your documentation and help files are bar none. I wish more mod authors would take note of your support files and provide similar.
zake black

Post by zake black »

When taking on a requested article get the following.

There is no request with that id.

Any thoughts?
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

zake black wrote:When taking on a requested article get the following.

Any thoughts?
I also got that on version 1.0.1.
zake black

Post by zake black »

vonhazey wrote:

Any thoughts?
I also got that on version 1.0.1.
Did you resolve the issue?

Also do you have that on the current version also?

Cheers

Andy
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris »

zake black wrote:Just thought id give some feedback, installed on a test board (exact copy of my live board)

Main knowledge base view. Classic view tested only. although i deleted all articles the latest article list was still populated?
I will look into this... it is quite possible, the latest articles are still rather dodgy. Just one question, did you delete them one by one?
zake black wrote:Clicking on breadcrumb (article title only results in 404 page not found) all other parts of breadcrumb are fine
Will look into it.
zake black wrote:knowledge base search? is their a search option?
Yes there is, it is a plugin found in the ACP.
zake black wrote:What is the point of tags? as i dont seem to be able to find a way of searching on tags?
You can't search for tags yet, but you can view all articles with a certain tag, by simply clicking the tag when viewing an article.
zake black wrote:Is it possible to make an article a sticky?
No this is not possible yet. More advanced methods of sorting articles in the category will be available later.

Overall all looks good. development progressing well.
zake black wrote:An option i think i would like to see if possible, is to be able to configure a posting template that is forced on for example on certain Categories so for example if i have 3 Categories 1 called sites, another manufactures, and a third parts i could have 1 template for sites another for manufactures and free type on parts?

oh one other thing. if i set the copyright notice post some articles. then change the copyright notice will this change on those existing articles?

Nice one guys :)
Yes it will change on existing articles.
IronDogg wrote:Thanks for including the copyright notice bit. I was wondering if you could change the "philosophy" of the copyright system a bit though.
I would like to be able to put a (potentially) different copyright notice for every article.
Also I would like to be able to put a link as the copyright notice that links to my (long drawn out) copyright notice page and be able to edit the label for the link. Please open link in new window.

Very nice job on this mod guys. Not to mention your documentation and help files are bar none. I wish more mod authors would take note of your support files and provide similar.
I'll note it down as a feature request, so we might decide to integrate it.

Any thoughts?
I will look into this, sounds odd.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
zake black

Post by zake black »

Imladris wrote:I will look into this, sounds odd.
Thanks again. you the man! support for this has been excellent along with the fact you are open to ideas.. always good a good thing with a mod that is in development.

Looking forward to final release :)
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

zake black wrote:
Thanks again. you the man! support for this has been excellent along with the fact you are open to ideas.. always good a good thing with a mod that is in development.

Looking forward to final release :)
+1
zake black

Post by zake black »

Copyright notices is limited to 50 characters can this be increased?

Only if you have a standard copyright for yourself and then add "All other images/text/logos are the copyright and/or trademark of the respective owners" it takes you well over the permitted 50

:)

Also is ok to move the "© PhpBB Knowledge Base Mod version 1.0.2RC1" to a different location? Dont know why don't this on the footer to be honest so its always visable rather than just on the knowledge base? most other authers do and surley be better for you? :)

Cheers

Andy
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

zake black wrote: Also is ok to move the "© PhpBB Knowledge Base Mod version 1.0.2RC1" to a different location? Dont know why don't this on the footer to be honest so its always visable rather than just on the knowledge base? most other authers do and surley be better for you?
Yeah I agree with this as I put all copyright together in my overall_footer, as it looks neater.
zake black wrote:
Did you resolve the issue?

Also do you have that on the current version also?
No I didn't solve the issue as not needed to yet as I only discovered it the other day, I've not updated from 1.0.1 yet.
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris »

zake black wrote:Copyright notices is limited to 50 characters can this be increased?

Only if you have a standard copyright for yourself and then add "All other images/text/logos are the copyright and/or trademark of the respective owners" it takes you well over the permitted 50

:)

Also is ok to move the "© PhpBB Knowledge Base Mod version 1.0.2RC1" to a different location? Dont know why don't this on the footer to be honest so its always visable rather than just on the knowledge base? most other authers do and surley be better for you? :)

Cheers

Andy
At the moment copyright notices will stay 50 characters, as we use a config field in the db for it, and that has 50 chars limit. And the KB copyright notice is in the footer is it not? Maybe you haven't updated your overall_footer.html correctly.
Imladris wrote:
zake black wrote:Just thought id give some feedback, installed on a test board (exact copy of my live board)

I will look into this... it is quite possible, the latest articles are still rather dodgy. Just one question, did you delete them one by one?
zake black wrote:Clicking on breadcrumb (article title only results in 404 page not found) all other parts of breadcrumb are fine
Will look into it.
I cannot recreate these 2 errors locally, could you please describe them more in detail, perhaps provide a screenshot for me.
Imladris wrote:

Any thoughts?
I will look into this, sounds odd.
Fixed this and committed it to the SVN.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

Some future ideas for you.

have the number of articles made by each user show on memberlist_view just like the number of posts with the ability to search users articles, also the total number of articles on the index page .
anthies
Name: Janne

Post by anthies »

Does this mod disable or do something to "the registration keys"? My board keeps telling me upon registration the registraion key is invalid.

Just wanting to know.
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

vonhazey wrote:Some future ideas for you.

have the number of articles made by each user show on memberlist_view just like the number of posts with the ability to search users articles, also the total number of articles on the index page .
Yeah that suggestion was made a long time ago on the development board. Check it out.

Good ideas! :)
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

I have an old bug that came up again Imladris. The link in my overall header to my mp3 player (for example) works fine when clicked on from the index, but when I go into a category or article within the knowledge base, then click on the mp3 player link from there, I get an error message as thus:
Not Found
The requested URL /Category/Environment_In_General/mp3player.swf was not found on this server.
or
Not Found
The requested URL /Article/The_Dangers_of_Plastic_Bags/mp3player.swf was not found on this server.
Can you fix this issue again, or is it a coding error on my end?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”