[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mknobbe

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by mknobbe »

Geisthund wrote:Hi

Feature request:
If possible allow post to be moved or copied directly from the main forum into the KB.

Regards
Gareth

Ps Thanks for previous advice once I ran the database update your mod worked fine.
I'm curious if this request is being considered. If so I would hope to utilize this as a download manager.
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Post by poppertom69 »

mknobbe wrote:
Geisthund wrote:Hi

Feature request:
If possible allow post to be moved or copied directly from the main forum into the KB.

Regards
Gareth

Ps Thanks for previous advice once I ran the database update your mod worked fine.
I'm curious if this request is being considered. If so I would hope to utilize this as a download manager.
I may look into this, would you want the replies taken over as comments? how would you like this to work a link added to the drop down box or acp side?
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
ricjonhay

Post by ricjonhay »

I'm still having problems with the bot plugin, now its active it's not counting articles on the kb.index, for eg: in my Misc articles I just posted an article but its not showing up on the index page in the article count or in the latest article or in the stats block!
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris »

richazey wrote:I'm still having problems with the bot plugin, now its active it's not counting articles on the kb.index, for eg: in my Misc articles I just posted an article but its not showing up on the index page in the article count or in the latest article or in the stats block!
The forum bot keeps causing us problems, and we have decided to remove it from the basic package and make it available as an additional plugin on our website. We still focus on fixing all the bugs it contains, we just don't want it to slow down our main progress, as it is a minor feature in our eyes.

I fixed some errors in the caching of plugins, which might also fix your issues, they will be submitted to the SVN later tonight.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

PhpBB3 KB Mod 1.0.2RC3 has been released
Another release candidate addressing minor fixes, as always you can find more information here.

Author notes:
Check out our own site Knowledge Base for video guides on how to install and configure the mod.
Best regards,
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Thanks, updated nicley. I like the SEO'd URL's :)
zake black

Post by zake black »

Guys i know you are busy with this and other projects.. every day life etc. etc.

But wondered if it was possible (or if anyone else has the knowledge?) for a new plugin to this mod.. Some sort of review system..

Have been looking for such a mod this evening and cannot locate anything to suit my needs.. on the basis I love this mod.. and wait for the final release (no pressure best things come to those who wait) Just thought it could integrate really well

Cheers

Andy
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

zake black wrote:Guys i know you are busy with this and other projects.. every day life etc. etc.

But wondered if it was possible (or if anyone else has the knowledge?) for a new plugin to this mod.. Some sort of review system..

Have been looking for such a mod this evening and cannot locate anything to suit my needs.. on the basis I love this mod.. and wait for the final release (no pressure best things come to those who wait) Just thought it could integrate really well

Cheers

Andy
Yes, yes and yes! Exactly what I'm looking for aswell!
Luminosity
Name: Howard Page

Post by Luminosity »

Luminosity wrote:This mod is excellent and it installed first time. :) I just have to small problems now,

The first is that in MCP it doesn't display the "Knowledge Database" Module and it all enabled in ACP > System > MCP.

& The second small problem is when clicking the "Plugins" in ACP > Mods > KNOWLEDGE BASE CONFIGURATION
it come up with this error;
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in **/includes/kb_plugins/kb_forum_bot.php on line 494
I updated to the PhpBB3 KB Mod 1.0.2RC3 realease and it fixed the errors in the Plugings module in ACP. :)

Still can't get it to display the Knowledge Database Module in the MCP though.
Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero. - Mike Menzter
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Luminosity wrote:
Luminosity wrote:This mod is excellent and it installed first time. :) I just have to small problems now,

The first is that in MCP it doesn't display the "Knowledge Database" Module and it all enabled in ACP > System > MCP.

& The second small problem is when clicking the "Plugins" in ACP > Mods > KNOWLEDGE BASE CONFIGURATION
it come up with this error;
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in **/includes/kb_plugins/kb_forum_bot.php on line 494
I updated to the PhpBB3 KB Mod 1.0.2RC3 realease and it fixed the errors in the Plugings module in ACP. :)

Still can't get it to display the Knowledge Database Module in the MCP though.
Are you sure you setup the moderator permissions correctly, see here for help.

Also could you guys please explain me how a review system would differ from the current comment & rate system?
Best regards,
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

Is there a working convertor from mod_mini_kb_0_2_9 to this mod?
Luminosity

Post by Luminosity »

Imladris wrote:[
Yes i set up the permissions but still no Knowledge Database module in the MCP.
Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero. - Mike Menzter
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Luminosity wrote:
Imladris wrote:[
Yes i set up the permissions but still no Knowledge Database module in the MCP.
Can you find it in the Module management in the ACP? And make sure it is turned on and everything... if it is turned on there, and it still doesn't display, I have no clue why... I can recreate it locally.

And yes there is a converter in BETA... I'm not sure how well it works, here is the link.
Best regards,
Luminosity

Post by Luminosity »

Imladris wrote: Can you find it in the Module management in the ACP? And make sure it is turned on and everything... if it is turned on there, and it still doesn't display, I have no clue why... I can recreate it locally.
Yes i can see the Knowledge Database in ACP > System > MCP > Knowledge Base and its all enable but still no show in MCP.
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

Imladris wrote:And yes there is a converter in BETA... I'm not sure how well it works, here is the link.
I have tried that on my test forum but had some errors with it. I will try again when a know there is somebody who can support with upcoming errors.

i have attempt to create a account at your forum but do not re sieve the activation email.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”