[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by poppertom69 »

I have the list of changes, im at work at the moment, i will post them tomorrow or later today :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the mod
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
obiewan

Post by obiewan »

Hi there,

After de-install en re-install... the default category finally showed up after setting the permissions

Sadly any categories added later will not show up.. the stats say they are there... still they are not listed
Subcats the same..
NowTech

Incomplete Installation

Post by NowTech »

# Apache 2.2.15
# MySQL 5.1.46
# PHP 5.2.13
# PHPBB 3.0.7-PL1
# phpBB3kb 1.0.2

Installation stop at permission with blank white page. [Fixed]

Error:
You have closed the browser or have been cut off from the internet in the middle of a page load. Unfortunately this has caused the installation to fail and is, most likely, broken. We recommend you to uninstall the remnants manually and restart the installation from scratch.

How do I fix this.

Login: Guest
Password: test1234
"There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer!" :mrgreen:
watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl »

I have a question for the dutch users, dos somebody have the Dutch translation of this modification? I'm testing this mod of this is something for my live forum. Bud in English is difficult to test. I prefer Dutch language, Who has the translation and want to give it to me?

Thanks

Greats David

EDIT

I have somebody for the translation ;)
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations
watisnf.nl

Post by watisnf.nl »

Hello,

I have a problem :( I hope somebody can help me

I have installed this mod on Sunday whit Auto-mod the install went fine, but i want to check if everything was fine. i did it whit the debug mode ;)

I'm checked, and this message is display on the Knowledge base

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 486: Undefined index: ARTICLES
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4373: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3523)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4375: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3523)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4376: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3523)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4377: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3523)
Sorry for the bad Englische, i hope you understand the problem ;)

UPDATE

Maybe it's useful to tell that, the warning only stays on the

*  Board Index ‹ Knowledge Base ‹ Your First Category
I hope somebody can help to fix it :mrgreen:

Problem found :mrgreen:

I forgot that AutoMOD don't do the changes in my Language/nl files, i did the change en that did the trick.

Problem solved!!
watisnf.nl

Post by watisnf.nl »

Is it possible, to ADD en DELETE some options in Bookmark options By Social bookmarks available: stands to many options and i miss one of a social network named Hyves in the Netherlands.

Witch file to i need? and can i ADD and DELETE them without problems??
ricjonhay

Post by ricjonhay »

Just upgraded to the latest version and for some reason if i click on a catergory i get a Error 404: File Not Found, if i click on the latest article i get a Error 404: File Not Found.

it's giving me this: http://thehazey.co.uk/Article/Your_Firs ... le/a1.html

instead of this http://thehazey.co.uk/kb.php?a=1

why?
Geed
Name: DG Kim

Post by Geed »

Hi there!

This is a great mod, and I love it! I have one question though, how can you approve articles? I can't seem to approve my user's articles! Is there a moderator control or something? A speedy answer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Geed

EDIT: Okay, I've found out that it's located in the MCP. However, for some reason, although the MCP modules are there and enabled, they won't show up in the MCP! How can I fix this?
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering
Geed
Name: DG Kim

Post by Geed »

Registration bug:

When registers click the "submit" button on registration on my forum, the following error pops up:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]Field 'user_kb_permissions' doesn't have a default value [1364]An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
I'm using version 1.0.2 (just upgraded from 1.0.0) and 3.0.6.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering
watisnf.nl

Post by watisnf.nl »

watisnf.nl wrote:Is it possible, to ADD en DELETE some options in Bookmark options By Social bookmarks available: stands to many options and i miss one of a social network named Hyves in the Netherlands.

Witch file to i need? and can i ADD and DELETE them without problems??
I found it root/styles/prosilver/template/kb/plugin/bookmark.php
ricjonhay

Post by ricjonhay »

Hey, im trying to get the latest articles to display on the portal so far manged to get them displaying but they are showing the oldest 5 instead of the newest 5, how can i change it:

//
// Shows articles
//
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `phpbb_articles` WHERE `article_status` = 1 ORDER BY `phpbb_articles`.`article_id` ASC";
    $result = $db->sql_query_limit($sql, $portal_config['portal_max_topics']);
    $i = 0;

while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
            {
            $i++;
            $template->assign_block_vars('articles', array(
            'U_TITLE'    => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}kb.$phpEx", 'a=' .$row['article_id']),
            'TITLE' => $row['article_title'],
            ));
            }
    $cat_list = ($i > 0) ? true : false; //check if there is anything to show

// Assign index specific vars
$template->assign_vars(array(
    'CAT_LIST'                => $cat_list,
));

therat

Post by therat »

Change the query to DESC instead of ASC should do it.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `phpbb_articles` WHERE `article_status` = 1 ORDER BY `phpbb_articles`.`article_id` ASC";
ricjonhay

Post by ricjonhay »

cheers :lol:
therat

Post by therat »

I am using this on a prosilver based style with the user profiles on the left, this causes an issue with the comments section. The online banner is still showing on the right hand side of the comments instead of the left.

DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

When i disable the right and left bars and post a new article i get this error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/kb.php on line 2214: Undefined variable: edit_data

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php:3493) in C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php on line 4286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php:3493) in C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php on line 4288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php:3493) in C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php on line 4289

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php:3493) in C:\xampp\htdocs\q\boards\test\includes\functions.php on line 4290
Just thought you like to know. Tested with latest version from your site.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”