[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
nutnut

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by nutnut »

Do you have a time scale on when subsilver2 will be released ?
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris »

nutnut wrote:Do you have a time scale on when subsilver2 will be released ?
Within a week or 2 the first version of it will be released... there might still be bugs in this version, but I'm working on it with any time I can spare.

The only parts I need to do are all the plugin files and 3 files for the user end. :geek:
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
nutnut

Post by nutnut »

Thank you
Need this as im used a style based on subsilver2 & it dont look too good at the moment.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

The style wont be available until version 1.0.3, as there are several changes needing to be done to the php files (I passed too few variables to the template :oops: )
Best regards,
Nekstati

Post by Nekstati »

Nekstati wrote:I'd like the knowledge base to be in mysite.com/kb/index.php instead of mysite.com/forum/kb.php. How can I correctly change the root of the knowledge base? I changed it by editing paths in multiple scripts, and all seems to work good, but I'd like more simple way approved by authors.
poppertom69 wrote:The way you have done it is the only way at the moment, I am planning to change this so next time you can change everything by just changing a constant
I hope you didn't forget about this. Every "large&serious" MOD, such as Board3 Portal, phpBB Gallery, User Blog MOD, supports ability to change MOD path.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Nekstati wrote:
Nekstati wrote:I'd like the knowledge base to be in mysite.com/kb/index.php instead of mysite.com/forum/kb.php. How can I correctly change the root of the knowledge base? I changed it by editing paths in multiple scripts, and all seems to work good, but I'd like more simple way approved by authors.
poppertom69 wrote:The way you have done it is the only way at the moment, I am planning to change this so next time you can change everything by just changing a constant
I hope you didn't forget about this. Every "large&serious" MOD, such as Board3 Portal, phpBB Gallery, User Blog MOD, supports ability to change MOD path.
The feature is planned and written down, but at the moment I am working hard to complete the subsilver2 template and poppertom is off duty for some time. So we are working on it, but progress is slow at the moment and for now, we remain "unserious".
Best regards,
plasmino

Post by plasmino »

error debug in viewonline

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewonline.php on line 399: Constant KB_LANG_INCLUDE already defined
zake black

Post by zake black »

Evening all,

I ran through the latest rc3 to test with and ran into an error during installation.. sorry never took note of it! you'd think i knew better by now!! :roll:

any way. removed all edits re-did em. but getting the following on install now.

You have closed the browser or have been cut off from the internet in the middle of a page load. Unfortunately this has caused the installation to fail and is, most likely, broken. We recommend you to uninstall the remnants manually and restart the installation from scratch.

Advice please :) cheers
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

zake black wrote:Evening all,

I ran through the latest rc3 to test with and ran into an error during installation.. sorry never took note of it! you'd think i knew better by now!! :roll:

any way. removed all edits re-did em. but getting the following on install now.

You have closed the browser or have been cut off from the internet in the middle of a page load. Unfortunately this has caused the installation to fail and is, most likely, broken. We recommend you to uninstall the remnants manually and restart the installation from scratch.

Advice please :) cheers
Yeah we will have to get that fixed in the installation, it's a tiny bug due to some really stupid code by me... erm please go to your config table and delete the entry kb_install_step from it. Then clear your cache and try again.
Best regards,
zake black

Post by zake black »

Cool thanks.

Installed ok this time. although i have another error now tho..

when creating a knowledge base roll.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_kb_permissions.php on line 653: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3532)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3532)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3532)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3532)
zake black

Post by zake black »

I think i have a whole permissions issue to be honest, as category permissions when selectting an article, i get no options other than apply all permissions..?

Edit: also missing the knowledge base tab from user permissions?
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

zake black wrote:I think i have a whole permissions issue to be honest, as category permissions when selectting an article, i get no options other than apply all permissions..?

Are you sure it installed correctly? After deleting that entry you reran the installation right?
Best regards,
zake black

Post by zake black »

Imladris wrote:
zake black wrote:I think i have a whole permissions issue to be honest, as category permissions when selectting an article, i get no options other than apply all permissions..?

Are you sure it installed correctly? After deleting that entry you reran the installation right?
Yea reran. thought it went ok, although i did have to add the config options in acp
satandream

Post by satandream »

I do not know if it has been asked before, but how can we make it so we can move content from the forum to the knowledgebase? Is it possible?
zake black

Post by zake black »

K im thinking i should re do this again..

Can you let me know which database entrys to remove?

I have a backup up files that were edited, so will drop those back. then recheck the edits. upload and re--do the installation and see how that go's

thanks

Andy

EDIT: just occured, use the uninstall option! sorry

Uninstall and reinstall.. no file changes required it would seem..

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”