[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
padlets

Re: [BETA] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by padlets » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Great, thanks can you just tell me when you add this and the delete category function, i wanna upload this mod to my web site.

Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:24 pm

padlets wrote:Great, thanks can you just tell me when you add this and the delete category function, i wanna upload this mod to my web site.
We are adding things along the way as the mod is still in development (BETA version now) and it is still not recommended using it on a live forum. The box and delete function will be added asap... but at the moment we are both hung up working on plugin system as well as localized category permissions.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.

kopacko

Post by kopacko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Any major change to get the kb articles in the same tables as posts so we can have one search engine?

poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Post by poppertom69 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:49 pm

kopacko wrote:Any major change to get the kb articles in the same tables as posts so we can have one search engine?
We can't do that as it would muck up the system and we need the other information! What do you mean by one search engine
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!

kopacko

Post by kopacko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:06 pm

What I mean is, I want to go to one page and be able to search both posts and kb articles.

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:19 pm

kopacko wrote:What I mean is, I want to go to one page and be able to search both posts and kb articles.
Suppose we could intergrate it to it but it would be easier just to add a link to it.

kopacko

Post by kopacko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I realize it would be easier, but it would be largely beneficial to my users since we plan on storing many articles in the kb.

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:46 pm

I'll think about it for a later version and add it as a option in the contrib folder but it won't be a main feature does that sound fair to you?

kopacko

Post by kopacko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Its your product, I'm just telling you want will separate you from the other kb mods out there. The one I am with now has a separate search and it can be cumbersome sometimes.

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Plugin system is semi working now, will let you customise everything e.g. where things go in all the menus etc

Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Post by Imladris » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 pm

It is now 10 days since the last version was released, so I just wanted to come with a quick status report from us developers. We are currently introducing a plugin system for the menus and possibly going even further. Atm. it is not working completely and we are still planning on introducing a seperate database table for it amongst other things. We also want to turn a lot of the current features into plugins so we can turn them on and off. I have just committed most of the code for localized category permissions, but it is not completely working yet. As soon as we have these 2 new features working close to 100%, or at least gotten rid of all the notices, we will release another BETA version, until then you can keep up to date via SVN, but beware, the versions there are very unstable at the moment, if working at all.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 pm

I have got the plugin system back end working at 100% well there or abouts.

At the moment the system allows you to:
  • Install
  • Update
  • Uninstall
  • Enable/Disable
  • Change which menu it appears on
  • Select which page the plugin works on
  • Code injections allows you to inject code into the core functions of the knowledge base, means the users only has to drop the plugin into the file and install it - so no editing of of files really easy to use.
Reordering does work but you have to change it in acp at the moment acp module isn't done yet, but changing from left to right menus does resort the order correctly.

Is there anything you want including in the plugin system while I still am working on the core!

padlets

Post by padlets » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Good work!

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am

I want to install this so badly! But I feel that it's best to wait for the next release.
How long untill then? How's the progress going?

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 am

Well the plugin system is all working and the local permissions is working, I just need to finish the injection process and then test for bugs and then we should be able to release the next version, So we are hoping to release within a couple of weeks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”