[ABD] Double Account Preventer

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ZDarkness

Re: [RC] Double Account Preventer

Post by ZDarkness »

kmklr72 wrote:@IPB_Refugee
I'm glad to be working on it again.

@ZDarkness
Sorry that it took so long to get to this, I've been having exams to I'm pretty busy right now :lol: . Replace the functions_dap.php file in your includes directory with this one and see if it works.
After replace functions_dap, set post notification to yes and register with a doble account:
Error persist.
But no file was showed in the error.

Code: Select all

Erro Geral
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'topic_status' cannot be null [1048]
No problem about lag... I know wait. :)
kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 »

I can honestly say I have no idea why that error is showing up. I can say that the post notification feature has been significantly improved in the next version, which I hope to have out soon. I just need to finish up a few other small things with it and release it. Hopefully the next version will fix that error for you.
rusnarod

Post by rusnarod »

i could use this!
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

A new development version has been released. I haven't had time to test too much out, so I have no idea how much of it will behave. This version should NOT be installed on a live board whatsoever. If you do want to test it out, create another board either on your server or on your localhost. It does have a couple of fixes and enhancements, as well as preliminary support for proxies (haven't tested this). Any feedback that can be given too me from testers is greatly appreciated.
ZDarkness

Post by ZDarkness »

kmklr72 wrote:A new development version has been released. I haven't had time to test too much out, so I have no idea how much of it will behave. This version should NOT be installed on a live board whatsoever. If you do want to test it out, create another board either on your server or on your localhost. It does have a couple of fixes and enhancements, as well as preliminary support for proxies (haven't tested this). Any feedback that can be given too me from testers is greatly appreciated.
I will test and tell my experience soon. :)
ZDarkness

Post by ZDarkness »

ZDarkness wrote:
kmklr72 wrote:A new development version has been released. I haven't had time to test too much out, so I have no idea how much of it will behave. This version should NOT be installed on a live board whatsoever. If you do want to test it out, create another board either on your server or on your localhost. It does have a couple of fixes and enhancements, as well as preliminary support for proxies (haven't tested this). Any feedback that can be given too me from testers is greatly appreciated.
I will test and tell my experience soon. :)
------Edit------------------
I installed on a fresh phpBB install with no mods...
When I view the forum I see:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_dap_config() on a non-object in /home/forumadm/public_html/testeboard/includes/functions.php on line 3772
Line is:

$dap_config = $dap->get_dap_config();
Then I use:

global $dap;
The this error appears:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/forumadm/public_html/testeboard/includes/functions.php on line 1513
I refresh the page and this disappears.

Then this error is showed:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'forumadm_testeboard.phpbb_dap_config' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_dap_config

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_dap.php
LINE: 330
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 3773
CALL: dap->get_dap_config()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 128
CALL: page_header()
I remove the lines of code 3772 and 3773 =

global $dap;
	$dap_config = $dap->get_dap_config();
Refresh:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/forumadm/public_html/testeboard/includes/functions.php on line 1513
Refresh again and board works fine, apparently.
I run dap_install.php and it works properly, then I reput the lines 3772 and 3773 in the code.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/forumadm/public_html/testeboard/includes/functions.php on line 2815
Refresh the page and it works fine...

Enable post notifications:
Send post notifications when a double account is detected: Yes

I registered with 2 doble accounts and it worked well, congratullation you did it. :)

Enable Proxy Check:
Checks for proxies and blacklisted IP addresses: Yes

I registered with anonymouse and I see nothing happening.

Proxy Check Block:
Block users using a proxy from registering on your forum: Yes

I registered with anonymouse and I see nothing happening too.

See you,
:)
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Thanks for testing this ZDarkness. So the proxy blocking isn't working for you at all? I didn't have a chance to test that feature, so I have no idea if it does or not :lol: .
ZDarkness

Post by ZDarkness »

kmklr72 wrote:Thanks for testing this ZDarkness. So the proxy blocking isn't working for you at all? I didn't have a chance to test that feature, so I have no idea if it does or not :lol: .
You're welcome.

Yes, I tested it with anonymouse.org only and it didn't work.
Maybe this check another proxy, but I still don't know.
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Sorry for the late response, I've been preoccupied with quite a bit. Is anonymouse an anonymous proxy like I think it is? If it is, that's why. Anonymous proxies don't leave much of a trail, if at all. I do think checking for ports 80 and 8080 being open would find them, but that would probably get a lot of false positives as well. As for the validation of this MOD, version 1.0.2 was submitted on May 19 and is still in the queue. I'm really just waiting for that to get validated to send in the updated version.
Avdon
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Post by Avdon »

Hello,
At first i want to say: It's realy a very good and important Mod. I need it sooo bad on my forum.
A question: When it will be released so we can use it on a live board?
Also I have another question (maybe a stupid one, because I have no idea about programming issues): Why don't you use "Mac address" to define "Double Account"?

thank you a lot
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

The mod has been submitted to the moddb, so that should come out soon. As for using the MAC address, I didn't think about that, so I might add it as a feature, but I've been getting busy lately so I can't guarantee anything.
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

How can you get the "Mac address"? I don't know even one way... It's impossible with PHP, HTML and JavaScript.
Unfortunately the suggestion sounds great but can't be realized...
(Is there a way via Flash? I don't know.)

Please prove that I'm wrong!

Regards
Wolfgang
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

The mac address can be found using PHP, but it needs to use some shell commands such as which and arp to do so. Even then, if the user is running through a proxy and you don't check for it, the proxy server mac address will be returned rather than the client's. The only real problem with finding a mac address in PHP is the fact that it does rely on certain shell commands, which may not work on all systems and configurations, especially for shared hosting. For the purposes of this MOD, getting a mac address is a good idea, it just can't be implemented to maintain compatibility among the maximum number of systems and configurations.
kmxak

Post by kmxak »

when i install this mod it is always shown a white page

the bug is in the funktions.php

here is my file
http://www.tuningszene-detmold.de/functions.txt

can anybody help me?
kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Which version of DAP are you using? If it is 1.0.4, then you forgot to put:

global $dap;
After:

function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true)
{
	global $db, $config, $template, $SID, $_SID, $user, $auth, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path;

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”