[ABD] Twitter Auto Tweeter - 0.0.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
platinum_2007

[ABD] Twitter Auto Tweeter - 0.0.1

Post by platinum_2007 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Modification Name: Twitter Auto Tweeter
Author: Platinum2007 ( IRC Ian_Taylor )

Modification Description:: Allows you to Auto Tweet posts subjects to twitter when a new post is made.
Modification Version:: 0.0.1

Requirements: phpbb 3.0.4 and CURL enabled

Demo URL: http://twitter.com/streetsteeze

Feature list :
  • Auto Tweet post subjects
  • Link to the topic
  • Username of the poster tweeted
Download :

http://itmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43
Last edited by Sam on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked mod as abandoned, if the original poster wish to continue this, please PM any MOD team member to have it unlocked.

darkonia

Re: [BETA] Twitter Auto Tweeter - 0.0.1

Post by darkonia » Wed May 27, 2009 7:03 am

yeah cool, ive seen it on street-steeze, thx cool work again :mrgreen:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

ijhtio

Post by ijhtio » Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 am

wow...this is very good...super-useful
regards,
ijhtio

darkone_d1_2000

Post by darkone_d1_2000 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Platinum_2007

Thanks for the help the other day. I used your other mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1548885 to do what this new one is doing. This sounds like it has a few more features than the other mod since I was only interested with the auto tweet on post.

Do I have to uninstall the previous mod and then install this one or do you have some instructions to migrate it?

Thanks

-D1-

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:24 pm

darkone_d1_2000 wrote:Platinum_2007

Thanks for the help the other day. I used your other mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1548885 to do what this new one is doing. This sounds like it has a few more features than the other mod since I was only interested with the auto tweet on post.

Do I have to uninstall the previous mod and then install this one or do you have some instructions to migrate it?

Thanks

-D1-
No my other twitter mod will not be effected by this, all you have to do is replace the edit that i told you to do in posting.php with the one in this install.xml file and then do the 2 other edits.

I believe the only difference in the little hack i gave you is that the username and password is stored in the database and set VIA the ACP and not directly in the file (either way is fine really) and also the username of the poster is tweeted.

I discovered that the links will only be converted if the Website URL is a certain amount of chars long.

Aka http://itmods.com does not get converted but rather is tweeted like : http://itmods.com/viewtopic...

but http://street-steeze.com is converted into the small link when being tweeted

nish7X

Post by nish7X » Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Awesome, I love it! :D It's kinda like an RSS feed, but since people are more into Twitter nowadays, its better. But wanted to ask you, in cases when Twitter is down for e.g. just when I installed it, Twitter was out of capacity and even the site wasn't loading. In such cases does the posting of the thread fail if the tweeting doesn't go through? I mean posting on the forum, not the tweet.

Thanks!

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:57 pm

nish7X wrote:Awesome, I love it! :D It's kinda like an RSS feed, but since people are more into Twitter nowadays, its better. But wanted to ask you, in cases when Twitter is down for e.g. just when I installed it, Twitter was out of capacity and even the site wasn't loading. In such cases does the posting of the thread fail if the tweeting doesn't go through? I mean posting on the forum, not the tweet.

Thanks!
The posting of the topic or post should not fail but the tweet should fail to be posted on twitter.

darkone_d1_2000

Post by darkone_d1_2000 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Working like a charm Platinum_2007. I removed the other Twitter mod just incase and plus this one does exactly what I wanted. It tweets every post from all users to my tweeter page which the other mod only did my posts. Great job!

I did notice occasionally that the link tweeter provides links to a non page almost like the link was never recorded. It happens very seldom but I did see it. Could be on there end as well because I do notice slow page loads sometimes.

eqbeastlord

Post by eqbeastlord » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 pm

It works on replies, but new posts doesn't appear to be putting in the correct topic id. it's just putting in 0. Is that a setting I have, or the the $topic_id a different variable for new topics?

Code: Select all

$message = $post_data['post_subject']." ". generate_board_url()."/viewtopic.php?t=$topic_id - ".$user->data['username'];
Also, is there a way to have it NOT post for moderated forums? I have a private forum for mods and it appears to display the title of the threads from that forum as well.

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:15 am

eqbeastlord wrote:It works on replies, but new posts doesn't appear to be putting in the correct topic id. it's just putting in 0. Is that a setting I have, or the the $topic_id a different variable for new topics?

$message = $post_data['post_subject']." ". generate_board_url()."/viewtopic.php?t=$topic_id - ".$user->data['username'];
Also, is there a way to have it NOT post for moderated forums? I have a private forum for mods and it appears to display the title of the threads from that forum as well.
Do you have a SEO mod installed?

For now to spot tweets getting posted from your admin forum use something like

if($forum_id != 1)
{
tweet code
}
Change 1 to what ever forum_id you want to stop

lrgrthnlf

Post by lrgrthnlf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 am

Problem I've found is that on a new topic, rather than an existing one, it picks up the poster and the subject but it appears the topic_id is zero/undefined-resolving-to-zero like the other poster.

Does the posting.php code need to be placed lower down perhaps? I'm thinking it may be that the topic_id doesn't come back from the database until later on a new post? I do not have an SEO mod installed.

Using phpBB 3.0.5..

eqbeastlord

Post by eqbeastlord » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 am

lrgrthnlf wrote:Problem I've found is that on a new topic, rather than an existing one, it picks up the poster and the subject but it appears the topic_id is zero/undefined-resolving-to-zero like the other poster.
That's what is happening to me... I'm looking for a way to give it all the info it needs... as in, not just directing back to the topic, but take you straight to the post. On multiple page posts, this becomes more relevant.

When trying to use forum_id and topic_id though, it seems to cut it off at just the forum_id. I'll post tomorrow after I get to try a few more things.

Thanks for the way on keeping mod forums from triggering!

Love this mod!

lrgrthnlf

Post by lrgrthnlf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:42 am

A little twist on the base mod I used was to check the mode and only act if it's a new post and not replies to an existing post (so as not to flood the twitters of people who are subscribed)..

Changed:

if($config['enable_autopost']){
to:

if($config['enable_autopost'] && $mode == 'post'){

phreakwars

Post by phreakwars » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am

*************DANGER*************

I tried this MOD and it works great, except it's got one VERY BIG, MAJOR security flaw.

It will Tweet the posts from hidden forums.

I have disabled it on my forum until this gets worked out.

EDIT: nevermind, I see this issue was already discussed

Where would this statement go? Could you be a bit more specific please?

if($forum_id != 1)
{
tweet code
}
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon

lrgrthnlf

Post by lrgrthnlf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 am

You could add it as an additional check to the if statement added to posting.php similar to the way I check for new vs. reply posts..

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”