[ABD] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Galaxy21

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 »

Neuropass wrote:so what should i do? mej284 tested it with automod and it worked with the same style i'm using, and on my forum doesn't work.. i'm not a noob and i'm sure my edits are right, i did it 3 times in a raw!!!

is there something esle that you neeed to set other than the setting in ACP..? i don't understand the reason of why it won't work.. :oops: :cry:
Well... if another user got it to work with the style you use, then either you made a mistake somewhere (or forgot something) or mej284 did some additional edits.

I assume you ran the SQL and cleared the cache?
mej284 wrote:Automod is not tested, by the author of the mod, but the copy of the one you download from my site the main install has been tested and works with AutoMod. I don't believe it did at first but it works now.
Did you do some changes to the mod? If so, what did you change?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

I would have to go back and look through my notes. I believe I just verified the xml's with the vanilla verision of phpbb 3.0.5 and I found one or two errors. If I am thinking the correct mod, if you do not install this mod into prosilver and doesn't matter what other styles you wish to install it on it will not work. I am almost sure that it is this mod I found that problem on, but I test so mods or restyle mods for people I could have this confused with another mod.

Please don't read into anything I am saying, I like this mod and I think you have done a great job..
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

mej284 wrote:I would have to go back and look through my notes. I believe I just verified the xml's with the vanilla verision of phpbb 3.0.5 and I found one or two errors. If I am thinking the correct mod, if you do not install this mod into prosilver and doesn't matter what other styles you wish to install it on it will not work. I am almost sure that it is this mod I found that problem on, but I test so mods or restyle mods for people I could have this confused with another mod.

Please don't read into anything I am saying, I like this mod and I think you have done a great job..

so guys is there a problem or not with the mod?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

The mod works.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
Golden Falcon

Post by Golden Falcon »

For some reason it was working fine but now i'm getting this error when click on Board Settings:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 351: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'acp_board::subforum_display_options' was given
Running phpBB 3.0.6

Edit: Never mind! For some reason some code was missing. Fixed! Thanks!
kantzorf

Post by kantzorf »

I have an error, 3.0.6:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 351: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'acp_board' does not have a method 'subforum_display_options'
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Galaxy21 I made the following change to your mod for some members on skin-lab site. This will allow members to adjust the position a little of the sub displays without affecting other pages. The following is the information I gave out and is only for prosilver based styles.

This can only be done after the mod is installed:
Open: template/forumlist_body.html
Find:

<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->">
Replace with:

<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF --> SubDisAdj">
Open: theme/common.css
find:

.column2 {
	float: right;
	clear: right;
	width: 49%;
}
Add-After:

/* This is used with the mod Subforum Disply Options - top, right, bottom, left */
.SubDisAdj {
	padding: 2px 0px 0px 0px;
}
You will then have to go to the ACP>Styles>templates and click on refresh on the X_Silver line
Next, ACP>Styles>themes and click on refresh on the X_Silver line
Last refresh your webpage, just press F5.

The adjustmenst are padding: 2px (top) 0px (right) 0px (bottom) 0px (left)
Every time you change a variable to see what it does you will have to refresh the theme again in the ACP.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
pawelooss

Post by pawelooss »

Galaxy21, first - there is a small language error: SUBFORUM_DISPLAY_CLOUMN (column!). ;)

Second,
Galaxy21 wrote:
Mrraider wrote:I wonder if it is possible to show 3 cloumn layout i subsilver style? :roll:
Since the 2column layout is build with a simple odd/even algorithm, 3 columns aren't possible this way. But it's all template work anyways. You have the subforum.S_ROW_COUNT which starts at 0 and then counts up. If you have any idea how to use this for 3 columns... :roll: (...)
even it wasn't so difficult. ;)

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 

language/en/acp/board.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 

'COLUMN'						=> '2 columns side by side',

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------- 
# 

'COLUMN'						=> '3 columns side by side',

# 
# 

styles/prosilver/template/forumlist_body.html

# 
# 

<!-- IF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '1' -->
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a></div>
							<!-- END subforum -->

# 
#-----[ AFTER ADD ]---------------------------------------- 
# 

<!-- IF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '1' -->
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<div class="subforum-<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT mod 3 eq 1 -->column2<!-- ELSEIF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT mod 3 eq 2 -->column3<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a></div>

# 
# 

styles/prosilver/theme/common.css

# 
# 

.column1 {
	float: left;
	clear: left;
}

.column2 {
}

# 
#-----[ AFTER ADD ]---------------------------------------- 
# 

.subforum-column1 {
	clear: left;
	width: 32%;
}

.subforum-column2 {
}

.subforum-column3 {
}

# 
#-----[ EOM ]---------------------------------------------- 
# 
Best regards,
pawelooss
phpBB3 fan! ;)
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

Just tested with 3.0.7-PL1 and it works fine.
pawelooss wrote:Galaxy21, first - there is a small language error: SUBFORUM_DISPLAY_CLOUMN (column!). ;)
That's just a typo, but as long as it's consistent. ;) If I'm releasing a new version, I'll have to fix it.

As for your style mod, I'll have to test that sometime.
pawelooss

Post by pawelooss »

Galaxy21 wrote:As for your style mod, I'll have to test that sometime.
Everything works. ;) My style mod is based on the remainder of the division. So if you sometime release a new version you can think about new option in ACP, how many columns users want to have. THX & BR! :)
phpBB3 fan! ;)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: [ABD] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by battye »

I've locked this topic as abandoned, if Galaxy21 would like this topic re-opened please send a PM to me or another MOD team member a we will gladly do so :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”