[ABD] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
^[GS]^
Registered User
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:59 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by ^[GS]^ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:05 am

Very Nice work :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mrraider
Registered User
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Mrraider » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:37 pm

I love this mod :oops:
I wonder if it is possible to show 3 cloumn layout i subsilver style? :roll:

User avatar
Galaxy21
Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Dresden, Deutschland
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Mrraider wrote:I wonder if it is possible to show 3 cloumn layout i subsilver style? :roll:
Since the 2column layout is build with a simple odd/even algorithm, 3 columns aren't possible this way. But it's all template work anyways. You have the subforum.S_ROW_COUNT which starts at 0 and then counts up. If you have any idea how to use this for 3 columns... :roll:
Personally I don't think 3 columns is such a good idea, because then the viewforum may gets very wide. And not everyone has a 26" full HD screen. ;)

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Mess » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 am

Iwe been looking for something like this. It looks great.
Thank you. :)

djdrageris
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by djdrageris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 am

buging xolums on emuza2 template in 3 colums how to fix it?

User avatar
Galaxy21
Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Dresden, Deutschland
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:40 pm

djdrageris wrote:buging xolums on emuza2 template in 3 colums how to fix it?
I do not understand this question. :?

User avatar
Mrraider
Registered User
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Mrraider » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Galaxy21 wrote: Since the 2column layout is build with a simple odd/even algorithm, 3 columns aren't possible this way. But it's all template work anyways. You have the subforum.S_ROW_COUNT which starts at 0 and then counts up. If you have any idea how to use this for 3 columns... :roll:
Personally I don't think 3 columns is such a good idea, because then the viewforum may gets very wide. And not everyone has a 26" full HD screen. ;)
Well I have so many subforums and takes a lot of length in the forum and 2 column layout has helped me to reduce the length of the forum and thought a 3 column layout could be better. :)

hope you understand, i'm from sweden :ugeek:

djdrageris
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by djdrageris » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 pm

the number of columns for the list subforums: 3

Image

the number of columns for the list subforums: 5

Image

User avatar
Galaxy21
Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Dresden, Deutschland
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Mrraider wrote:Well I have so many subforums and takes a lot of length in the forum and 2 column layout has helped me to reduce the length of the forum and thought a 3 column layout could be better. :)

hope you understand, i'm from sweden :ugeek:
I understand what you mean. I think I might look into that. But I can't promis anything.
I'm always open to suggestions on how to best accomplish that ;-)
djdrageris wrote:the number of columns for the list subforums: 3

Image

the number of columns for the list subforums: 5

Image
What did you do there? Could you post the code?

djdrageris
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by djdrageris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:41 am

i need in emuza template 3 subforums colums, but when i ON 3 colums, we see don't show 3 colums...

User avatar
Galaxy21
Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Dresden, Deutschland
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:26 am

djdrageris wrote:i need in emuza template 3 subforums colums, but when i ON 3 colums, we see don't show 3 colums...
Ok... you also want a 3 coloun layout. But right now there is no option for that.

Where did you try to change the number of columns? Did you change the code?

mreider
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:30 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by mreider » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Works like a charm!

One feature request - could we get it so that we could display the actual subforum image beside the subforum? Rather than the new post icon.

bonkerspr
Registered User
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by bonkerspr » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 am

how to install this mod? Please PM me.

mreider
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:30 pm

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by mreider » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:08 am

Umm read the instructions in the .xml

User avatar
Galaxy21
Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Dresden, Deutschland
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Post by Galaxy21 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:01 am

mreider wrote:Works like a charm!
Thanks ;)
mreider wrote:One feature request - could we get it so that we could display the actual subforum image beside the subforum? Rather than the new post icon.
I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. Topic icons may distort the layout since they can have various sizes.

bonkerspr wrote:how to install this mod? Please PM me.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to- ... ification/
Just read. ;) Plus of course, follow the instructions in the XML file.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”