Page 4 of 6

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 am
by beedy
One little question:

Is it possible to display the description of the subforums too?

This would be very nice for me.

Greetz!

beedy

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:54 pm
by katib
Thanks for Mod
I have a request
is it possible to add another display option like this ?

Image

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:40 pm
by beggers
Works great! I just installed this on an AcidTech style and it worked fine without any tweaks or anything. Nice work!

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:44 pm
by beggers
beedy wrote:One little question:

Is it possible to display the description of the subforums too?

This would be very nice for me.

Greetz!

beedy
If you want to display the description, too, you should probably just make it a regular forum. After all, that's how forums are displayed. Another option would be to rename the subforum to include a short description as part of the name.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 pm
by Galaxy21
beedy wrote:Is it possible to display the description of the subforums too?
I don't think so. That depends on whether or not that information is available for the template there. But even it it where I would only make it as hover using the "title" attribute in the link tag.
katib wrote:is it possible to add another display option like this ?

Image
This should be possible, unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment, to implement any new features.
But (without looking at the code) all you need to do is create a new <dl> entry for the new line. Shouldn't be to difficult. That's mostly just HTML.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:34 pm
by beedy
Galaxy21 wrote:
beedy wrote:Is it possible to display the description of the subforums too?
I don't think so. That depends on whether or not that information is available for the template there. But even it it where I would only make it as hover using the "title" attribute in the link tag.
That's pity...

In my old forum based on phpbb2, there is the possibility to show this description and I think, this looks quiet good.
Image

You have an overview about all forums and subforums on one site (index).

Greetz!

beedy

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:16 pm
by yosmc
Image
I think it would be awesome to show the topics/posts/last posts for the subforums as well in this display option. The space is there anyway, so why not use it? ;) This would still save a lot of screen space compared to regular forums, but at the same time also give visitors some crucial information on the subforums (level of activity, whether or not a buddy of their's just made a post, etc.)

Is this possible somehow= 8-)

EDIT: Oh, and it would be the icing on the cake if the word "subforums" was on the left, and all the subforums were listed in the second column. That would save a line and for most forum titles there would still be plenty of space.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:19 pm
by z2z
yosmc, I have just removed it ;)

open forumlist.html

find

Code: Select all

<strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong>
Replace with

Code: Select all

<!-- <strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> -->
or two columns

Code: Select all

<p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}</p>
with

Code: Select all

<table><tr>
<td width="10%"><p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong></p> </td>
<td width="90%">  {forumrow.SUBFORUMS} </td>
</tr></table>
btw, i m using bit different but similar mod >> http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 76#p105176
yosmc wrote:think it would be awesome to show the topics/posts/last posts for the subforums as well in this display option. The space is there anyway, so why not use it? ;) This would still save a lot of screen space compared to regular forums, but at the same time also give visitors some crucial information on the subforums (level of activity, whether or not a buddy of their's just made a post, etc.)
I m also looking for the same ...

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:01 am
by Frode789
I was looking for a mod like this!

Thanks! :)

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 am
by JunglistPerfection
Problem:
Image


I'm using Glacier 3.0.4 and I was wondering how I can fix this small problem?

Thanks

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:43 pm
by Galaxy21
This looks like a simple HTML/CSS problem.
Could you post the source please?

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 pm
by JunglistPerfection
Galaxy21 wrote:This looks like a simple HTML/CSS problem.
Could you post the source please?

Code: Select all

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong>
						<!-- IF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '1' -->
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a></div>
							<!-- END subforum -->
						<!-- ELSEIF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '2' --><br />
							<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
								<a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a><br />
							<!-- END subforum -->
						<!-- ELSE -->
							{forumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- If it's neither 1 nor 2, let's go with default -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- ENDIF -->
I hope this helps.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 pm
by MydnyteSyn
Something is either missing from the download or from the install instructions because I've installed this mod, everything went smoothly, but I don't see where to set the options for changing the way subforums appear. I'm using a template based on prosilver, however, there were no CSS edits mentioned in the install nor included in the download if there were suppose to be any. Cache has been purged and still failing to see where to set the options at.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:51 pm
by beggers
Has anyone done any coding to include the sub-forum descriptions? I'm starting to think this might be a good idea. Thanks.

Re: [BETA] Subforum Display Options 0.1.0

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm
by Galaxy21
JunglistPerfection wrote:I hope this helps.
Try this (untested, but only a <br /> added:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS --><br /><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong>
	<!-- IF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '1' --><br />
		<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
		<div class="<!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_ROW_COUNT is odd -->column2<!-- ELSE -->column1<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a></div>
		<!-- END subforum -->
	<!-- ELSEIF forumrow.S_SUBFORUM_DISPLAY === '2' --><br />
		<!-- BEGIN subforum -->
		<a href="{forumrow.subforum.U_SUBFORUM}" class="subforum <!-- IF forumrow.subforum.S_UNREAD is odd -->unread<!-- ELSE -->read<!-- ENDIF -->">{forumrow.subforum.SUBFORUM_NAME}</a><br />
		<!-- END subforum -->
	<!-- ELSE -->
		{forumrow.SUBFORUMS}<!-- If it's neither 1 nor 2, let's go with default -->
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
beggers wrote:Has anyone done any coding to include the sub-forum descriptions? I'm starting to think this might be a good idea. Thanks.
I haven't. But it's on my agenda. However, work has priority. ;)
MydnyteSyn wrote:Something is either missing from the download or from the install instructions because I've installed this mod, everything went smoothly, but I don't see where to set the options for changing the way subforums appear. I'm using a template based on prosilver, however, there were no CSS edits mentioned in the install nor included in the download if there were suppose to be any. Cache has been purged and still failing to see where to set the options at.
Did you run the SQL? Cleared the cache?