[ABD] Friend Request Approval MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
djrikyx

Re: [DEV] Friend Request Approval MOD

Post by djrikyx » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:14 pm

kmklr72 wrote:I don't know if I'll get it working but I'll see what I can do for a logging system in FRAM. Right now I'm having problems with the installer which is pretty much halting development on anything else.
No problem, ill wait for the next version with notification popup..

This log is just an idea that I would like to see :mrgreen:
Sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian

ekawaii

Post by ekawaii » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:21 am

I have a request ^_^

Would you be able to show if the friends are currently online or offline?

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

So, when will the new version be ready?

kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Whenever I can figure out why the subject line won't encode correctly. I'm passing it to the utf8_normalize_nfc function which should do the trick, it just doesn't want to normalize.

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

kmklr72 wrote:Whenever I can figure out why the subject line won't encode correctly. I'm passing it to the utf8_normalize_nfc function which should do the trick, it just doesn't want to normalize.
Maybe it's some db field not set to utf8_bin. --Edit: OK, it can't be, lol.

Hm. If you're talking about the PM not showing the utf8 chars, like the apostrophe on "you've been approved", then it's not anything in the php code really. It's the language file being set to ANSI. If you convert it to utf-8 without BOM, then it works just fine. ;)

ekawaii

Post by ekawaii » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 pm

kmklr72 wrote:I think I understand what you mean. You're saying that if I send you a request and you send me a request and you approve the request first, your number resets to 0 but mine stays at 1? If that's the case, I think the fix is as simple as another DB query.
Hello!

I wanted to say, great mod~

I've installed it and all is working well. The only bug I'm experiencing is the one listed above however mine is a tad different... plus some other things listed below, I'm running 3.0.5.

Bug Report:
User A sends User B a request.
User B does not send User A a request.
User B accepts User A's request.
User A & B both appear in eachother's Friends List as they're supposed to.
User A now has 1 friend request however when clicking on the link there are no friend requests.

User A DELETES User B from User A's Friend List

It automatically deletes User A from User B's Friend List -- without any warning.
(Maybe a PM or something could be generated saying 'You've been removed from ____'s Friend List'.)

When removed, User B's Friend Requests now show 1 Request even though there are no requests. Before the delete it showed 0 Friend requests.

I took stathisch's advice above and saved my language format in UTF-8 without BOM and it still gave me trouble. So I opened the language file and noticed that it says "You`ve" instead of "You've". I changed "You`ve" to "You\'ve" and it works fine now, no little box between You & ve.

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 am

ekawaii wrote:Bug Report:
User A sends User B a request.
User B does not send User A a request.
User B accepts User A's request.
User A & B both appear in eachother's Friends List as they're supposed to.
User A now has 1 friend request however when clicking on the link there are no friend requests.

User A DELETES User B from User A's Friend List

It automatically deletes User A from User B's Friend List -- without any warning.
(Maybe a PM or something could be generated saying 'You've been removed from ____'s Friend List'.)

When removed, User B's Friend Requests now show 1 Request even though there are no requests. Before the delete it showed 0 Friend requests.

I took stathisch's advice above and saved my language format in UTF-8 without BOM and it still gave me trouble. So I opened the language file and noticed that it says "You`ve" instead of "You've". I changed "You`ve" to "You\'ve" and it works fine now, no little box between You & ve.
#1. I didn't get that problem, and I've been testing this a lot today.

#2. That would be nice, yes, requesting that too :D (about the pm)

#3. Are you sure you selected "convert to utf8 without bom", or did you just select the option "encode in utf-8 without bom"? (assuming you're using Notepad++)
I did this change, and after that I made one new request from a test user to an existing user, and it properly displayed the reverse apostrophe (`). :S

ekawaii

Post by ekawaii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:05 am

stathisch wrote: #1. I didn't get that problem, and I've been testing this a lot today.

#2. That would be nice, yes, requesting that too :D (about the pm)

#3. Are you sure you selected "convert to utf8 without bom", or did you just select the option "encode in utf-8 without bom"? (assuming you're using Notepad++)
I did this change, and after that I made one new request from a test user to an existing user, and it properly displayed the reverse apostrophe (`). :S
About #1, I've been testing it a lot today also and this is definitely happening on my forum as mentioned by another user. At this moment it still says 1 friend request on my test account after I accepted the test account friend request and I never sent a request to the test account. The test account request box is empty. I've only added 1 friend which was the request by my test account and the same goes to my test account which had me auto added to it's list after it's request was approved, so there is no way a request was sent and not going through.

It's a bug that when the mod auto adds me to the test account after i accept the request. The mod is saying there is a request sent by me most likely but the mod already auto added me when I approved their request which leaves the mod to think there is 1 friend request but when the link is clicked there is none and it stays at 1 now in the overall header.

#3 - I made the mistake as you stated of only selecting encode instead of convert ^_^; Thank you for pointing that out!

---------------------------------------

EDIT:

I went into phpMYADMIN and replace the 1 friend request to 0. Once I did that and tried it again it didn't stay as 1, so I'm not too sure why it did the first few times but I've just tested it 2 times and it's working fine now.. x_x;;

bdl51

Post by bdl51 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:04 am

When will you post subsilver2 edits? I want this mod bad!!!!

Eng.Maged

Post by Eng.Maged » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:50 pm

When will you post subsilver2 edits? I want this mod bad!!!!

kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Sorry, life has gotten pretty hectic with school starting next week and me needing a job, not to mention a truck to insure. Development has slowed considerably but I'm hoping I can find some time this week to finish up version 0.0.2 of this MOD and work on a couple of others as well. Subsilver2 edits will be in 0.0.2.

Greight

Post by Greight » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks. We know you are busy and this makes your mod more valuable.
Waiting to see the new version :D

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 pm

I decided to install the MOD on my main forum's production forum, which is going to be updated soon.

I've got no problems.

superj707

Post by superj707 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:23 am

BUG REPORT:

PROBLEM:
There are complications during the period after a friend request is made and before the receiving member has a chance to accept or deny said friend request.

Complication 1:
If making a second friend request before the original request has been accepted or denied the
wrong error message is displayed. It's particularly confusing also. it says "You cannot add users to
your pm friends list, unless your pm foes list is empty."
It should say.
"You have already sent this member a friend request"

Complication 2:
It also causes the "search users post" link in their profile to display the following error
This post was made by "user" who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

issjut

Post by issjut » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Here is one more request ;-)

It would be nice to see the already sent friend requests in a separate module as long as these are still unconfirmed.

for example:

I send a friend request to a user. As long as the user has not approved or rejected the request i can see this request on a new module (eg. Sent friend requests or unconfirmed friend requests).

Perhaps with the option to cancel already sent friend requests.
-----------------------

Also it would be great to get an e-mail notification and / or a PM when I get a new friend request.
sorry for my bad English ;-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”