[ABD] phpBB3 Social Network

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
kmklr72
Name: Kevin

[ABD] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by kmklr72 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:05 am

Modification Name: phpBB3 Social Network
Author: kmklr72

Modification Description: phpBB3 Social Network adds many social networking features to phpBB3, such as customizable profiles and user clubs.

Modification Version:: 0.0.1

Features:
  • Customizable user profiles
  • Profile comments
  • Friends list on profile
  • Private profiles (friends only)
  • Bulletin system
  • User clubs
Screenshots:
View profile

Clubs list

Club profile

Demo URL: http://demonmods.com/area52/
Demo Username: tester
Demo Password: 123456

Modification Download: Click Here
Last edited by kmklr72 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Snorlaxative

Re: [DEV] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by Snorlaxative » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 am

Wow, looking forward to this 8-)

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:32 am

This has got to be the best thing ever!

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 pm

i'm really looking forward to this mod....
will your friendrequest mod be included in this one?

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:25 pm

The first post has been updated to show a few screenshots. These are from the latest development code and and the styling/layout have not been finalized yet, so they may not reflect what will be in the first released version. They are more of a proof-of-concept than anything.

@woipi
FRAM will be included and will have (hopefully) all known bugs fixed before the first release.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:46 am

:) Nice. What do you have planned for users able to change their profile's template/theme. use any css, based on phpbb3 templates or do you have something else in mind?

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:37 am

I don't really have anything planned that far ahead for customizable profiles. I'm still working on getting some blocks made up and working as well as making them movable. I know someone who has been working on a bit of code for customizable profiles and I might get the code from them, and I might also look at the phpBB3 theme code to get something working for more technical users to customize the CSS themselves. That part of the project is still a ways off so I can think about it, and if anyone has ideas, they can give them to me.

Also, just as a side note, obviously this is no small MOD. It is going to require quite a few edits and code to get working. I have already spent a couple of weeks working 4-5 hour days on this and would like some help, so if anyone is good at making pages look good (HTML and CSS), wants to code the backend (PHP and SQL), has good knowledge with javascript, or just wants to help test the development on the test board, please PM me and we can get things sorted out :) .

BigBCC

Post by BigBCC » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:33 am

I'd like to help test it :D

LOL If you need a PM I'll PM you, oh and if you need graphics, I'll help :)

silneil

Post by silneil » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:07 am

This is a Great Idea! I think that is the future of the PHPBB!

olilesp

Post by olilesp » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Yes, the future of PHPBB :)))
PhpBB Forums.. what else ?

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 pm

hy,

first at all many many thx for starting such a great mod....

after all i've a question about the board clubs.... will it be possible to start discussions in the board clubs? f.e. some kind of chat box or an included forumtable which creates the user who creates the club?
is it possible to let the users create the clubs but the administrators have to activate the club?
is it possible to give a describtion in every club and one picture for the club?
are you also able to write a pm on all users of the club?

grz woipi
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:10 pm

woipi90 wrote:hy,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to be working on it.
woipi90 wrote:will it be possible to start discussions in the board clubs? f.e. some kind of chat box or an included forumtable which creates the user who creates the club?
I'm planning on having an on/off switch in the ACP for admins to allow groups to have their own forum on the board.
woipi90 wrote:is it possible to let the users create the clubs but the administrators have to activate the club?
Most of the code for this is already in the MOD, I just need to finish it up and test it out.
woipi90 wrote:is it possible to give a describtion in every club and one picture for the club?
The club profile is going to resemble the user profile. Each club will have the option of a club image (like an avatar) and a club description. I'm also planning on having a club members list on the club profile as well as club comments (like user comments but for clubs).
woipi90 wrote:are you also able to write a pm on all users of the club?
This hasn't been started but it is planned.

JasonWade

Post by JasonWade » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Sounds like a great mod! :D

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm

kmklr72 wrote:
woipi90 wrote:hy,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to be working on it.
woipi90 wrote:will it be possible to start discussions in the board clubs? f.e. some kind of chat box or an included forumtable which creates the user who creates the club?
I'm planning on having an on/off switch in the ACP for admins to allow groups to have their own forum on the board.
woipi90 wrote:is it possible to let the users create the clubs but the administrators have to activate the club?
Most of the code for this is already in the MOD, I just need to finish it up and test it out.
woipi90 wrote:is it possible to give a describtion in every club and one picture for the club?
The club profile is going to resemble the user profile. Each club will have the option of a club image (like an avatar) and a club description. I'm also planning on having a club members list on the club profile as well as club comments (like user comments but for clubs).
woipi90 wrote:are you also able to write a pm on all users of the club?
This hasn't been started but it is planned.
that sounds really great, nice work.... ;)

the forums shown to the club members will it be possible to show them on the club page itself and only there?

grz woipi
-----

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:33 pm

woipi90 wrote:the forums shown to the club members will it be possible to show them on the club page itself and only there?
I haven't planned anything that far since I'm not working on that part as much right now, and right now it's only going to function like a regular forum, but I'll give it some thought and I'll tell you what is going to happen later.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”