Modification Name: Facebook Connect
Modification Description:: Allows people to log in to your forum using their Facebook account!
Modification Version:: 0.3.4 (beta)
Requirements: PHP 5 with safe mode off (!) and a Facebook account with which you can get a API key (more info inside download)
- Allow people to log in to your board using their Facebook account
- The MOD automatically creates an account for them. Upon first log in, they are asked to enter an username. Language of the user can automatically be detected!
- Admin can decide to also ask a password upon first login.
- Alternatively, people can link their Facebook account to an existing user account rather than creating a new one.
- Users can use the 'Log me on automatically each visit' and 'Hide my online status this session' boxes for Facebook logins too.
- Import data on the fly (note: by default disabled)
- Birthday / age
- Facebook account link as website
- All of the above fields which are/were filled out by the user in the phpBB profile, will not be overwritten with the Facebook data.
- All Facebook privacy rules are per-user enforced!
- **Planned** Allow people to determine not to import any data
- **Possibly planned** Data mapping / custom profile fields
- Allow users to invite their friends to your board. (To be found in the User Control Panel)
- Allow users to unlink their accounts if they ever feel the need to do so.
- **Planned** Publish to user wall (obviously with their approval)
- **Possibly planned** Allow users to show off their forum statistics on their Facebook profile
Modification Download: Download 0.3.4
Note: it is NOT recommended to use this on a live board yet!! This beta MOD is mainly downloadable for testing purposes!
Included Compatible Translations: (inside the download in the contrib folder)
Only languages compatible with the most recent version are included inside the download.
- Italian (v 0.3.4) by Plasmino
- Croatian (v 0.3.4) by Encore204
- French (v 0.3.4) by Olilesp
- Turkish (v 0.3.4) by RoyaLChiLD
- Portuguese (v 0.3.4) by legionfx
- Dutch (v 0.3.4) by DeViAnThans3
Please report everything that might go wrong during or after installation! I'll do my best to identify and solve the problem. Thank you!