[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
olilesp

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook Connect

Post by olilesp »

Belgium 12 points :)
Grooetjes :ugeek:
PhpBB Forums.. what else ?
mickeyr

Post by mickeyr »

Very Nice. I have been trying to do this.
I will keep an eye on this mod.
Thank You for your time.
chuckun

Post by chuckun »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:Hey guys, the MOD development is a little slowed because my development PC is currently broken due to a motherboard issue. So I've to work with notepad on a old pc currently to keep developent going :)
However, I may soon get a release, until then, I come with updates and bugfixes now and then. Tomorrow I hope to have done the largest part of the ACP, and I'll show it to you than!

Thanks a lot for your support!!
~hans
Sorry to hear about your PC.. I hope you get it sorted soon :)

As for the rest; brilliant! If you need any help I'll do what I can, but I have no knowledge of the FB API I'm afraid :(

Jack
Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

I can't congratulate you enough for the fine fine work you are doing on this mod.
If you ever come to Croatia, beer is on me :mrgreen:
DzoA

Post by DzoA »

Why you don't upload mod? Please :|
Akbaio

Post by Akbaio »

thx, can't wait, please upload! :D
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

DzoA wrote:Why you don't upload mod? Please :|
Haha, there are 2 good reasons for that:
1- I haven't made the MODX yet, nor do I have an UMIL file already (which I would like to have).
2- This MOD is in alpha stage, which means there is still a lot to change, and a lot of bugs may still be inside. Even while phpBB and myself strongly disrecommend the use of MODs in development, they are still installed at live boards. When problems occur on the live board after installing the MOD, your MOD is responsible for it ... even while it was strongly disrecommended to install it on a live board. I'ld like to avoid those problems until the beta stage :)
So that most bugs are already worked out, and I don't have to provide too many upgrade instructions anymore ;)

Updates coming soon :)
An estimate of the download becoming available .. uhm .. let's say 1-2 weeks! Until than, testing could only be done via the demo board :)

Thanks for your support guys :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect
olilesp

Post by olilesp »

Please be patient... ;)
PhpBB Forums.. what else ?
Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

just a suggestion, have you tried to test how does this mod copes with hidden sub forums?
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Yep, there is an update! I've been trying to integrate an admin interface today, and finally succeeded. The first screenshot can be found here. In a later stage there will also be a data map feature below, which by example allows you to select which data you want to be imported from Facebook, and how it should be imported.

Also the friend importing has been done! If you now log in for the first time at the demo board, and one or your facebook friends is also registered at the demo board, you will automatically become friends on the forum too!
It maybe is hard to test, since you may not have too many friends who are interested in phpBB Facebook integration, though I think you should give it a try. Otherwise, you can also add me to test it (pm for link). If you have registered before, please PM and I'll remove your account so that you can test the friends importer.
Encore204 wrote:just a suggestion, have you tried to test how does this mod copes with hidden sub forums?
As you can see in the screenshot I just posted, there is an ability to set the default user group for people who register using Facebook Connect. They will automatically be set to that specific user group, and follow the rules of that user group. This allows you to -eventually- make a special Facebook user group, and give them different permissions, or a different user color or so.. imagine the possibilities ;)

Also, plasmino who registered at the demo board pointed out a bug. Because the MOD generates a random password, it is impossible to change the password or e-mail of the forum, if registered through Facebook. I'll try to find a work around for that!

Thanks a lot for your support again guys :)
If any questions arise, do let me know!
zake black

Post by zake black »

Looking good.

The question about groups was one that i was going to ask actually, the main reason being, if they are all placed in a facebook group you can see with ease exactly how many people have used this option on the board. very good.

I will send you a pm with my sign up id so you can remove and my profile link so you can add me as a friend for testing.

Looking at the screenshot it says only 2 friends? any reason for this out of interest?

Also if a user is already a member can their exiting account be changed over to a facebook account without loosing existing data and posts?

With regards to the password issue, can the password still be changed by admin in the acp if need be?

Cheers

Andy
Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono »

OMG a last... this is a asom work!!

I be watch closely this topic ;D

Chaox
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

zake black wrote: I will send you a pm with my sign up id so you can remove and my profile link so you can add me as a friend for testing.
Done!
zake black wrote: Looking at the screenshot it says only 2 friends? any reason for this out of interest?
Maybe I've written it wrongly. I mean that the friendship that will be added will be mutual - you will be the friend of your friend, and your friend will be your friend :) In phpBB you can be someone's friend while that friend isn't your friend .. however, this Facebook MOD will add a mutual friendship. :)
zake black wrote: Also if a user is already a member can their exiting account be changed over to a facebook account without loosing existing data and posts?
This is already implemented. If you log in using your Facebook account for the first time, you get the choice to make a new account or link it to an existing account :)
zake black wrote: With regards to the password issue, can the password still be changed by admin in the acp if need be?
Obviously. I'll also make sure that users can change it themselves, to offload the admins ;)

Thanks a bunchload!!

PS: As per clarification, the friendships will only be added if you are already befriended with that friend on Facebook. If it is still a friendship request, the mutual friendships on the phpBB board will not be added, normally! :)
Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono »

DeViAnThans3 wrote: Maybe I've written it wrongly. I mean that the friendship that will be added will be mutual - you will be the friend of your friend, and your friend will be your friend :) In phpBB you can be someone's friend while that friend isn't your friend .. however, this Facebook MOD will add a mutual friendship. :)
Thats so great :O

I dunno... but can this mod have a "Common Friends" or i think this is part of another mod :P?

Chaox
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Chrono wrote:I dunno... but can this mod have a "Common Friends" or i think this is part of another mod :P?
If I understand it correctly (showing the mutual/common friends at the profile), this will not be part of this MOD since it basically has nothing to do with Facebook. I guess there is another MOD out for that already, no? :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”