[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
zake black

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook Connect

Post by zake black » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 pm

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Is it possible to allow new registration to choose their password too? Otherwise they are forced to login to Facebook just to login to the forum? Good work though, thanks very much for the effort *salute*.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Vincent-C wrote:Is it possible to allow new registration to choose their password too?
This is possible, however I will not implement this most probably, since than the sense of Facebook Connect would than be lost .. it would be almost just like a normal registration!
Facebook users can however, at a later time, change their password manually via the User Control Panel. (However this reminds me I have to work this out still :) ).

Updates coming later this evening! I'm also going to do some minor changes to the Admin Control Panel.. :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

canadaka

Post by canadaka » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:01 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I've been waiting for this for so long. I can't wait until the Beta.
Canada Kicks Ass
http://www.canadaka.net

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 am

Hey phpBB!

I managed to make sure yesterday evening that people who registered through Facebook can edit their password and e-mail once (!) without having to enter their current password. This can be done at the normal place - in the User Control Panel, after they logged in.
This, obviously, does not applies for people who link their Facebook account to an existing forum user. :)

I also did some bugfixes, and allowed forum administrators to select the type of avatar which should be imported. (Until now, new users at the demo board were importing the default square avatar, I now set it to a small avatar with facebook logo overlayed. People who register from now on, will get that small avatar :))

Thanks everyone!

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 am

Nice nice...

is perfect :D

Matthew69

Post by Matthew69 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:26 pm

I've noticed that if you want to change your password, you will also have to change your email, being as the proxied email is to long! Just letting you know :D

chuckun

Post by chuckun » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Matthew69 wrote:I've noticed that if you want to change your password, you will also have to change your email, being as the proxied email is to long! Just letting you know :D
That's not really a big deal, if they're changing their pass then they'll probably want to change their email anyway :) BUT, it's definitely better to cover everything ^_^ Nice observation.

Keep up this brilliant work! Best mod ever in progress ;)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Matthew69 wrote:I've noticed that if you want to change your password, you will also have to change your email, being as the proxied email is to long! Just letting you know :D
Yup, I indeed noticed! I changed the email's max. length from 60 to 90 now, this problem should now be solved :)

I'm now going to work on automatic language detection, maybe tomorrow BETA release! :)

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:11 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:..... maybe tomorrow BETA release! :)
Please do :P

I have to say that this is the most impressive new MOD I have seen in a long time! :)

zake black

Post by zake black » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 pm

The Bad Toad wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:..... maybe tomorrow BETA release! :)
Please do :P

I have to say that this is the most impressive new MOD I have seen in a long time! :)
Many people waiting... but fear not! good things come to those who wait.... 8-)

DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:52 am

I've put some extra effort in getting this done .. and here we are, the first public BETA release is ready for download :) Yep! ;) Refer to the first post of this topic for download link etc., here
I've also added the automatic language detection system... the demo board now also has french and dutch languages installed ... so you can test it by setting your Facebook language to one of those languages, if you'ld like to. Or you can test it on your own testing board with some languages installed!

I haven't had the time to implement an UMIL installation script, and I thought I had you all waiting already long enough .. so I simply put the SQL etc inside the MODX for now :)

Please provide your feedback about:
- The time it takes to install this MOD manually (if you install it manually). Is 15-16 minutes accurate?
- Do any problems occur? (If they do, where do they occur? Under what circumstances? Any other MOD interferences or so?) Should anything be described better?

Thanks a bunchload everyone! :)

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:50 am

Didnt run into any problems installing it and took maybe 15minutes. But there is nothing happening when i press the fbconnect button. Might be an interence with another Mod, cause i have plenty of them, will double check the edits and play around with it a bit.

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 am

Nevermind, I had missed the last info needed for the setting up the facebook app, its working good so far :twisted:

Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 am

a question... if a user change the avatar via FB, the avatar is updated in the the board?

Chaox :)
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”