[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
zake black

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by zake black » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:13 am

Evening all.. aaah beta release to play with 8-)

Have just installed, but seem to be getting an sql error. error occurs when I clink the FBconnect button, the first time it prompted for my facebook user id and password. and now when i just click the fbconnect.
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'myserver_phpbb3test2.FBIDS_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
I have taken a look in phpmyadmin and the fbids exisits.. actually looking at it now.

my db name as you see phpbb3test2

and the entry into the database is listed as phpbb_fbids

the error indicates its looking for .FBIDS not sure if this case sensative? or the fact that its phpbb_fbids?

Cheers

oh and install time was about 30mins for.. but its 5am here so was taking my time lol

Cheers

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:33 am

zake black wrote:Evening all.. aaah beta release to play with 8-)

Have just installed, but seem to be getting an sql error. error occurs when I clink the FBconnect button, the first time it prompted for my facebook user id and password. and now when i just click the fbconnect.
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
I have taken a look in phpmyadmin and the fbids exisits.. actually looking at it now.

the error indicates its looking for .FBIDS not sure if this case sensative? or the fact that its phpbb_fbids?

Cheers

oh and install time was about 30mins for.. but its 5am here so was taking my time lol

Cheers
Check your edit on the includes/constants.php you might have missed that one ;)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:42 am

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Cheers

Cheers
Hey Andy,

Please check if you did the changes to be done in includes/constants.php :) It looks like the FBIDS_TABLE constant is not being created or passed through in some way. It indeed needs to result in phpbb_fbids, however this should work if the constants are set up correctly :)

Let me know!

**edit**: CemetaryMan was earlier than me haha :)
Chrono wrote:a question... if a user change the avatar via FB, the avatar is updated in the the board?

Chaox :)
I actually had to test to make it sure, however, as I thought, I'm afraid not! I am planning some kind of sync function though, which may possibly be implemented in the future. Up to today, all data is still imported only upon the first login, since data syncing may slow down the board at this moment :)
So, just be patient, and I'll find a solution to it .. ;)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 am

tried it on test board you made worked a charm, any idea when i can install in live format? Keep up the good work
www.tgzforum.com, a new forum for all types of people

Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 am

DeViAnThans3 wrote: I actually had to test to make it sure, however, as I thought, I'm afraid not! I am planning some kind of sync function though, which may possibly be implemented in the future. Up to today, all data is still imported only upon the first login, since data syncing may slow down the board at this moment :)
So, just be patient, and I'll find a solution to it .. ;)
Thanks for the reply. No problem man, take you time, take this like a sugestion ;D

Chaox
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english

Music-cro

Post by Music-cro » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 am

Will it soon and subsilver2 Edition?

adzyboy

Post by adzyboy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:38 am

Just installed it on my test server and it works like a charm. I got the error with the fbids table as pointed out above, thought it was a bug of some sort, turns out I did all the SQL apart from add the new table lol.

I haven't registered a user on my site yet, but I've connected it to an already existing account and it works no problem!

Good work on the mod :)

Edit: Oh, and it didn't take long to install the mod at all. Say about 10 minutes or so for the code changes, but then a while longer for setting up the api and such.

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 pm

o my good..

I have added this mod is very very gooddddddddd

I translated it in Italian language, can serve? where I send files?

thannnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks all for all feedback!

@Chrono/Chaox: This is indeed something I'm currently thinking about. :) Thanks for the suggestion!!
@Plasmino: Thanks a bunchload! I'll send you my e-mail, you can e-mail it to me, and I'll make sure everyone can take advantage of your translation work :) Thanks!!!

zake black

Post by zake black » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:09 pm

CemetaryMan wrote:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Cheers

Cheers
Check your edit on the includes/constants.php you might have missed that one ;)
Yup i missed the edit lol cheers

I have another error, but this test platform i have i have been testing somthing else aswell.. and i think it might be that. so i will take a copy of my live and set up a new test and re-install and test with that. :)

adzyboy

Post by adzyboy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Come across an error. I only linked to an already existing account when I first tried it.
I got my brother to try it with his facebook account and register a new account. He then got an error after clicking connect:

The account was made, but nothing else was brought over. Altho my brother only had a profile picture on his account, no location or anything, so I'm not sure if anything else would abeen brought over.

The avatar settings in the fbconnect acp is the default square, not changed it.

Actually, just checking the link myself, with the "&vnam=" on I get a 404 error, but I get the image without the "&vnam=" on.

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:50 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:Thanks all for all feedback!
@Plasmino: Thanks a bunchload! I'll send you my e-mail, you can e-mail it to me, and I'll make sure everyone can take advantage of your translation work :) Thanks!!!

zip sent, thanks for this mod

:D :D :D :D :D

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:00 pm

adzyboy wrote:Come across an error. I only linked to an already existing account when I first tried it.
I got my brother to try it with his facebook account and register a new account. He then got an error after clicking connect:

The account was made, but nothing else was brought over. Altho my brother only had a profile picture on his account, no location or anything, so I'm not sure if anything else would abeen brought over.

The avatar settings in the fbconnect acp is the default square, not changed it.

Actually, just checking the link myself, with the "&vnam=" on I get a 404 error, but I get the image without the "&vnam=" on.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I've just identified the problem, and fixed it at the demo board. I will provide the fix in less than an hour as version 0.2.5.1 .. I will also provide some changes in the languages part with this small update.
plasmino wrote: zip sent, thanks for this mod

:D :D :D :D :D
Great stuff!! I confirm I have received it :) I'll bundle it within the 0.2.5.1 release immediatly :) Thanks a boatload!!!! :D

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 pm

for change language popup facebook edit ...

login_body.html
index_body.html

search this part

<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/j ... der.js.php" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

and add red code

<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/j ... der.js.php/it_IT" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

for list language http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/ind ... ok_Locales

is not automatic detect in my forum :-(

Matthew69

Post by Matthew69 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Mr_makaveli wrote:tried it on test board you made worked a charm, any idea when i can install in live format? Keep up the good work
There isn't anything saying that you can't use it in a live environment, it is just not recommended. Maybe wait until it's out of beta. If you want to help it along, then test, test, and test. The sooner the bugs are worked out, means(most likely) the sooner it will be out of the beta stage.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”