[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Encore204

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by Encore204 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 pm

downloading it, and going to test it ASAP.
One question...
The default skin in most phpbb boards is subsilver2.
Can these instructions that are made for prosilver also be used for subsilver 2?

many thx to the creator of this fine mod.
cheers

Matthew69

Post by Matthew69 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:29 pm

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'user_avatar_height' cannot be null [1048]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

If I get this error message, does that mean I won't be able to login with that account? Or should I still be able to use it for the most part? Because the account is there, but I can't login

zake black

Post by zake black » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi,

Just noticed that if a user links an existing account to facebook, the facebook profile is pulled all ok. but the user is not placed into a chosen group if one has been created and configured.

not a bug tho! not had any problems other than my missed edit. :)

Cheers

Andy

EDIT:: it seems to not be importing the avatar. it displays it ok on registration but then not on the profile or posting..

Also can you tell me which file/edit it is that tells it at what point it passes the facebook profile URL to the website details. i have social networking icon mod and i want to pass the profile url to the dedicated facebook field. :) cheers

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:38 pm

you set the size in px avatar?

not exceed the measures in px allowed in your forum?

I have setting small with facebokk logo 50x150

is not problem

my forum allowed avatar max 200x200 px
Last edited by plasmino on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 pm

zake black wrote:Hi,

Just noticed that if a user links an existing account to facebook, the facebook profile is pulled all ok. but the user is not placed into a chosen group if one has been created and configured.
Did you set the fb users to be registered under any groups on the ACP, I set mine to be registered users and they went to that group.

zake black wrote:Also can you tell me which file/edit it is that tells it at what point it passes the facebook profile URL to the website details. i have social networking icon mod and i want to pass the profile url to the dedicated facebook field. :) cheers
I am also interested in doing this on mine.

lestat70

Post by lestat70 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:48 pm

hello I have this error can you help me svp thx

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homez.47/kalliegr/www/fr/includes/facebook-platform/php/facebook.php on line 38

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 pm

First of all, an update is made available .. version 0.2.5.1. It fixes a small bug with the avatar import, and adds some language phrases for Facebook notifications.
If you have already installed it, there are update instructions available in this separate download: Facebook Connect Update 0.2.5.0 to 0.2.5.1.

In the official 0.2.5.1 download, also 2 translations (Italian by Plasmino and Dutch by me) included.

Now, for your questions!
plasmino wrote:for change language popup facebook edit ...

login_body.html
index_body.html

search this part

<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/j ... der.js.php" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

and add red code

<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/j ... der.js.php/it_IT" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

for list language http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/ind ... ok_Locales

is not automatic detect in my forum :-(
This is quite a good idea youu give here, I didn't actually think of changing the language of the login popup itself yet! Will probably implement in a future version!

What do you mean the language isn't automatically detected? Normally, the detection should happen after you log in for the first time (upon the data import).. and will obviously only work if you have installed the correct language. Could you provide me with maybe more details where you have installed it? So I could check it, and eventually try to basically rebuild it on my own, trying to fix the problem? I guess it has to do with the language detection? Note that the login box translation indeed will not happen automatically yet!!
Matthew69 wrote:
Mr_makaveli wrote:tried it on test board you made worked a charm, any idea when i can install in live format? Keep up the good work
There isn't anything saying that you can't use it in a live environment, it is just not recommended. Maybe wait until it's out of beta. If you want to help it along, then test, test, and test. The sooner the bugs are worked out, means(most likely) the sooner it will be out of the beta stage.
Very true :)
Encore204 wrote:downloading it, and going to test it ASAP.
One question...
The default skin in most phpbb boards is subsilver2.
Can these instructions that are made for prosilver also be used for subsilver 2?

many thx to the creator of this fine mod.
cheers
They can not be used for subSilver 2 *yet*. I will be working out the subSilver 2 version as soon as the major programmings are done, and most bugs are worked out :) This is just a beta, to test the MOD ... in a later beta release, I WILL implement subSilver2 support, as everyone is asking for it :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

zake black

Post by zake black » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:22 pm

zake black wrote:
Also can you tell me which file/edit it is that tells it at what point it passes the facebook profile URL to the website details. i have social networking icon mod and i want to pass the profile url to the dedicated facebook field. :) cheers
Can you advise on this one please :)

Cheers

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Matthew69 wrote:General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'user_avatar_height' cannot be null [1048]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

If I get this error message, does that mean I won't be able to login with that account? Or should I still be able to use it for the most part? Because the account is there, but I can't login
This is a known problem, and should now be fixed with the new release, please update to 0.2.5.1, and let me know if the problem persists :)
zake black wrote:Hi,

not a bug tho! not had any problems other than my missed edit. :)

Cheers

Andy

EDIT:: it seems to not be importing the avatar. it displays it ok on registration but then not on the profile or posting..

This is indeed a fact, the usergroup is only enabled for new registrations, since it is possible that otherwise the user could by example be wiped out of the moderators group if it would be overwritten with the facebook group. Let's say that the purpose of the user group setting is, so far, only ment for those new registrations, and not for existing accounts who just like to link themselves. If there is interest, I could however code in an extra setting to also apply this setting to existing links.

The editing of the website data imports is currently done in root/fbconnect.php at line 110.
plasmino wrote:you set the size in px avatar?

not exceed the measures in px allowed in your forum?

I have setting small with facebokk logo 50x150

is not problem

my forum allowed avatar max 200x200 px
The size is indeed in pixels! Maybe I should make that clearer in a next release :)
An important notice to everyone: if you choose an avatar size here which exceeds the forum allowed dimensions, it WILL import anyway. The forum allowed dimensions are automatically ignored, since otherwise it could result in non-importing of avatars if a wrong avatar type is chosen in the Facebook Connect Settings. :) I may be finding a workaround for this later, but it is not something I have planned very soon though! It's just something I may consider, to comply with phpBB standards :)
lestat70 wrote:hello I have this error can you help me svp thx

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homez.47/kalliegr/www/fr/includes/facebook-platform/php/facebook.php on line 38
Could you let me know which PHP version you are running?
This seems to be some problem in the Facebook Platform code, which I can not fix myself immediatly. :)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:28 pm

zake black wrote:
zake black wrote:

Cheers
Check my previous post ;)
I had quite a bit of time to answer all posts, but now I also answerred yours .. ;)
If you need help, let me know!

zake black

Post by zake black » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:31 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
zake black wrote:
zake black wrote:

Cheers
Check my previous post ;)
I had quite a bit of time to answer all posts, but now I also answerred yours .. ;)
If you need help, let me know!
Ahh you are a diamond :) will take a look tonight :) cheers

lestat70

Post by lestat70 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:35 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote: Could you let me know which PHP version you are running?
This seems to be some problem in the Facebook Platform code, which I can not fix myself immediatly. :)
PHP Version 4.4.9

:?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:38 pm

lestat70 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote: Could you let me know which PHP version you are running?
PHP Version 4.4.9

:?
I have just checked with Facebook, over at this page, and it seems that the platform is currently only compatible with PHP5.

I'm sorry that I forgot to look this up, I will add it to the requirements list right now.
I suggest that you ask your host if you possibly could get an upgrade to PHP5 (which however may be unlikely for most hosts), and otherwise I am afraid this MOD currently is not supported for your host :(
I hate it to notice that libraries do have limitations.. :(

lestat70

Post by lestat70 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote: I have just checked with Facebook, over at this page, and it seems that the platform is currently only compatible with PHP5.

I'm sorry that I forgot to look this up, I will add it to the requirements list right now.
I suggest that you ask your host if you possibly could get an upgrade to PHP5 (which however may be unlikely for most hosts), and otherwise I am afraid this MOD currently is not supported for your host :(

ok Thank you for your advice ;)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm

lestat70 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote: I have just checked with Facebook, over at this page, and it seems that the platform is currently only compatible with PHP5.

ok Thank you for your advice ;)
I'm not sure if this would help you .. but some hosts provide multi-PHP version support which can be configured by .htaccess files. Once again, this should be checked with your host though :)
Larger hosting companies are more likely to provide such a feature, while smaller don't :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”