[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Encore204

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by Encore204 »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:Added polish translation by Pablov!
Also, the demo board is currently unavailable since I'm moving hosts now :) I got myself yet another server, which I hope will perform well too. Hopefully new demo board is up by tomorrow ;)

Anyone came across any other javascript errors btw? :)
Dont know, some people can't still login
this is the latest error they sent to me
wrote:Warning: Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule '@import'.
Source File: http://nasciturus.com/forum2/styles/sub ... esheet.css
Line: 667
also, one other thing that i have noticed.
when i click on connect icon, it takes a few seconds to login.
During that time,http://www.nasciturus.com/forum2/fbconnect.php is displayed in my browser.
Before, login was instantly done, when i would click on the icon, i would immediately enter the forum.
Not sure will this help you, but i am still mentioning it.

mayn thx

Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Clicking on the "FB Connect" button doesn't do anything. It does not respond whatsoever. Firefox error console says "fbSession is not defined". Here's my url: http://flylah.com

Also, how do I paste the button on my forum index instead of just on the login page? Thanks very much for the mod.

Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

Vincent-C wrote:Clicking on the "FB Connect" button doesn't do anything. It does not respond whatsoever. Firefox error console says "fbSession is not defined". Here's my url: http://flylah.com

Also, how do I paste the button on my forum index instead of just on the login page? Thanks very much for the mod.
this is what i get when i click on your Fb connecet button

Error: fbSession is not defined
Source File: http://flylah.com/ucp.php?mode=login&si ... 90e2861b92
Line: 1

Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Any idea what it meant?

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan »

Vincent-C wrote:Any idea what it meant?
Check your settings on facebook with the app you have created.
I believe that the fbconnect button should be on the index page at the bottom next to the login button by default, check your edits on the index_body.html and purge the cache.

Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

CemetaryMan wrote:
Vincent-C wrote:Any idea what it meant?
Check your settings on facebook with the app you have created.
I believe that the fbconnect button should be on the index page at the bottom next to the login button by default, check your edits on the index_body.html and purge the cache.
The button is now displaying on the index page. Thanks for the tip. I used AutoMOD, so I didn't check.

Update: Sorry guys. It works already. The AutoMOD doesn't update my current theme, even after I force install it on the admin panel. I've now manually edit the overall header and it works!

By the way, I read about selecting password in the earlier page, but I don't see anything like that?

Also, members in my community all prefer to remain anonymous. Will connecting to Facebook reveal their identity? I just want them to register easily using Facebook Connect, but would like nothing more than that, like exposing their Facebook identity.

Is there a way to unlink an account? Say I have two accounts on the forum, and I have previous linked my FB account to account A. Now I want it to be linked to account B instead. How do I go around with it?
Last edited by Vincent-C on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olilesp

Post by olilesp »

Hey, hans, check your MP's , ther's a message for you about french translation.

cheerio!
PhpBB Forums.. what else ?

Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

There's an issue with Safari. When I click on the FB Connect button, there's an on-site pop up, just like any other browser, but then after a second or two, Safari scrolls to the top automatically. You can continue whatever you're doing by scrolling all the way down again.

Any idea?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

@Vincent-C:
1- You have solved the error already I read, so that's fine :) Another reason which may cause that same error, is a javascript syntax error in any of the javascripts in the header (which causes an code within that same script tag to be unable to run), however this obviously was not the cause with you ;)
At least, I can tell thanks to Encore204's error report ;)
2- It is possible to keep everyone anonymous! All you have to do, is disable the data import in the settings. This will disable any data transfer from Facebook, the account will only be linked.
3- Password selection will is indeed done, however will only be released with the next release ;)
4- Currently, there is no way to unlink an account but unlinking them manually in the database (table phpbb_fbids, remove the proper association row. Running this SQL in phpMyAdmin will unlink accounts:

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM phpbb_bids WHERE user_id = 1;
Note: you should change phpbb_ to the proper table prefix, and change 1 with the ID of the user that is currently linked to that account.
This feature is not implemented yet (nor really planned, even though it is very simple to implement!), since this feature usually isn't needed much, is it? :)
5- I am unaware of the Safari issue (nor can I test currently, only my development PC runs Safari for the moment, and this PC is sent in for reparation ;) ), however it is an issue which is related to Facebook Connect Javascript itself, not the MOD (at least, I think :) ). In that case, only Facebook themselves can fix this issue! If other Safari users got this problem too, then Facebook definitely is checking it out :) Thanks for noting though!!

@Olilesp: I've just replied! Thanks a bunchload!!! :D Everyone will appreciate your efforts ;) I'll include the translation once I've received it :)

@Encore204:
1- Thanks for posting the full error log for Vincent's problem :) Saves me some time again :P
2- The "Warning: unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule '@import' " problem you reported, is simply a problem with the subSilver2 stylesheet, which seems to be modified. It looks like an @import rule has been added, however the @import rule tries to import a CSS file which doesn't exist or is not accessible (due to permissions, IP blocking, .. by example).
If the source file ends in ".css", it usually is just a stylesheet error, which cannot cause the problems with Facebook Connect about nothing happening upon click ;)
Most probably the source file should be somewhere on the facebook.com domain rather than your own, since the problem is with some JavaScript at Facebook's server :)
3- The time it takes to connect, can depend on the speed of Facebook's servers. It is perfectly possible (though not convenient) this takes several seconds. If you log in for the first time, it may even be slowed down a lot more if data importing is enabled. The 0.2.5.1 release uses PHP getimagesize() function for the avatar import, which may be very slow on some servers. I did found a workaround for this, however will be included in the next release! At my one server it is at least a very speedy login now ;)

@Everyone: I just also got a problem in Firefox 2 at another PC, with nothing happening upon clicking the button. It however got fixed after clearing the cache (cookies weren't even needed). Does this solve problems for you peops? :)
2- The problem which was reported earlier - not being abled to log in as an administrator - has just been tested and doesn't seems to be a problem in any way! (At least,on a vanilla install)

Thanks everyone! :)
Probably working on the data mapping again this evening ;)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

olilesp

Post by olilesp »

Just installed on my test board, and everything is OK !
Just have a minor error, initially, the server (OVH) is working again with PHP 4.
So, just add a line in htaccess to 'push' the server with the latest PHP5 version and it's OK.

I'll send you the french translation in few minutes.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

olilesp wrote:Just installed on my test board, and everything is OK !
Just have a minor error, initially, the server (OVH) is working again with PHP 4.
So, just add a line in htaccess to 'push' the server with the latest PHP5 version and it's OK.

I'll send you the french translation in few minutes.
PHP5 is indeed a requirement, as stated on the initial post ;)

Thanks for putting effort in translating this MOD!!! :D

Btw, I have 2 additional ideas for this MOD which may be worked out at a later time .. is there any interest in any of the following 2 functions?
  • Facebook Friends invitation dialog (just like on many Facebook apps)
  • The possibility to add some basic forum stats about the user at their facebook profile (a profile box with by example the amount of posts + username ..). Obviously they have to add it themselves manually by clicking the "Add to profile" button and such, as it should.
Any interest?

I'm also still looking out for additional features (publish feeds etc is already planned).

olilesp

Post by olilesp »

Ok, just remember for some users.

Trasnlation is on the way.

zake black

Post by zake black »

DeViAnThans3 wrote: Facebook Friends invitation dialog (just like on many Facebook apps)
If you mean the option within facebook to recomend forum to a friend so it would show up in the the pending requests list? then yes totally
DeViAnThans3 wrote: The possibility to add some basic forum stats about the user at their facebook profile (a profile box with by example the amount of posts + username ..). Obviously they have to add it themselves manually by clicking the "Add to profile" button and such, as it should.
Im guessing you mean a button forum side that pushes the update to facebook? again well worth adding as its only going to further publicise the forum itself :)

Cheers

Andy

samureye

Post by samureye »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
samureye wrote:Nice Mod, here's my problem.

I made an account through the FB button. By doing this, if I wanted to log in manually, in the event that I got rid of the mod, I had no PW.

So I went and decided to change my email for a reset, but it required a PW, which I don't have, I thought it would be my FB password, but that didn't work.

Admin was able to manually reset my password, which allowed me to change my email. Upon doing this, trying to retrieve my password simply does not work, even though I put in my username, and email, which logging in confirmed, was changed properly.

Since I had the password changed via another admin, I changed my pw again, and no matter what I was unable to log in to the ACP. I had to do CAPTCHA many times, and it simply did not work.

I think it would work best if everyone made an account manually. Could there be a way that when you press the fbConnect button and you don't have an account, you are given a link to register a new account the long way? Seems like doing this THEN linking to FB will work.

Also, deactivating this MOD, I still cannot log in using email and pw, at all.
The problem of not being able to change your password/e-mail is fixed, just not in a released version yet. This immediatly answers Nauthez's question: this WILL be included in the next release (and is fully tested). Once you have set a password, you should be abled to log in to the ACP without any problems, since the Facebook Connect MOD makes no changes in the normal login procedure. Could another MOD or custom modification be causing this problem, maybe? I'll though check it out :)
One question though .. did you change the default usergroup for Facebook users? Or is it still set to Registered Users ?

Also, if you link an existing user, the password of that user won't be changed, so in that case it won't be a problem :)

About your question of letting everyone make an account manually ... There is no way I will include this in any future version, since this MOD would than be absolutely unnecessary (if you have to register anyway, why would you link a Facebook account then!!). :)
You can however force it yourself: simply edit the fbconnect_body.html file, remove the option to make a new account and add some info and a link to your registration page.. this way, all Facebook users are still forced to register at your site, before they can link their accounts.
It was set to registered users. And my suggestion to make people do a manual signup first was assuming you would not be able to rectify the password issue. But since you said that will be released soon, all is well! Good work, looking forward to update.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

olilesp wrote:Ok, just remember for some users.

Trasnlation is on the way.
Successfully received, and French translation by Olilesp added to download! Thanks a lot!! :D
I noticed you even took the time to translate the MODX 8-)
zake black wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote: Facebook Friends invitation dialog (just like on many Facebook apps)
If you mean the option within facebook to recomend forum to a friend so it would show up in the the pending requests list? then yes totally
DeViAnThans3 wrote: The possibility to add some basic forum stats about the user at their facebook profile (a profile box with by example the amount of posts + username ..). Obviously they have to add it themselves manually by clicking the "Add to profile" button and such, as it should.
Im guessing you mean a button forum side that pushes the update to facebook? again well worth adding as its only going to further publicise the forum itself :)

Cheers

Andy
You interpreted both right ;) So I guess I can implement these at a later time (if it is technically possible, of course ;) ). :D
samureye wrote:It was set to registered users. And my suggestion to make people do a manual signup first was assuming you would not be able to rectify the password issue. But since you said that will be released soon, all is well! Good work, looking forward to update.
I'm putting all available time in getting a timely upate ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”