[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Vincent-C

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by Vincent-C »

Is there a way to see how many users register using FB Connect? My Facebook app shows 0 users, despite I have users registering their accounts using FB Connect.

Also, how do I enable members logging in using FB Connect to check the "Hide my online status this session" option?

Thanks for your time.
zake black

Post by zake black »

Vincent-C wrote:Is there a way to see how many users register using FB Connect? My Facebook app shows 0 users, despite I have users registering their accounts using FB Connect.
I set up a new group on the forum "FB Member" then configured the mod in acp to make new signups via fbconnect a default member of the that group. you can then view that group to see the members :)
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Vincent-C wrote:Is there a way to see how many users register using FB Connect? My Facebook app shows 0 users, despite I have users registering their accounts using FB Connect.

Also, how do I enable members logging in using FB Connect to check the "Hide my online status this session" option?

Thanks for your time.
Andy already partially answerred the question:
zake black wrote:
I set up a new group on the forum "FB Member" then configured the mod in acp to make new signups via fbconnect a default member of the that group. you can then view that group to see the members :)
Also, the user count should be displayed at the Facebook Applications page (note that users is not equal to fans!). It may take some time for this user count to update.

The "hide my online status this session" is something I should look into, good point. If I implement it, it will be implemented very simply: if people click the "Facebook Connect" icon at the login page, and they have checked the "hide my online status this session" box, they will be hidden that session. I will not write a new screen for this, since that may be very disturbing for many users ;)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect
Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Oh, the number of users show up already on my app page.
If I implement it, it will be implemented very simply: if people click the "Facebook Connect" icon at the login page, and they have checked the "hide my online status this session" box, they will be hidden that session.
Exactly what we need. So you will include it in the next release?
Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
  • Facebook Friends invitation dialog (just like on many Facebook apps)
Totally.
This would be a great feature.
Also,a little suggestion if this is not too much work or too complicated for you.
In the ACP one option controls will all the following information be placed on the profile
-signature
-birthday

Since lot of people have their personal picture on their facebook profile, i think that it would be best to let the admin decide will avatar be imported from FB or not,all depending on the nature of the forum.
So i think that it would be wise to put a separate option concerning the importing of avatars. I hope this makes sense.

2)I still have the problem with clicking on the icon,but not entering the forum.
You suggested that the clearing of the cache is sufficient?
For example, i can't get it how come when i click on my test forum:
http://nasciturus.com/forum2/ i can't login via FB connect
but when i click on the http://www.music-cro.com/forum/index.php second after FB has rejected me on my forum, i can login on music cro forum*?
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Encore204 wrote: Totally.
This would be a great feature.
Also,a little suggestion if this is not too much work or too complicated for you.
In the ACP one option controls will all the following information be placed on the profile
-signature
-birthday
That's exactly what the data mapping is about ;)
However, I was rather thinking firstly to do it via an XML datamap, though I haven't coded this yet. I may still do it via the ACP (which would though require some additional SQL). What would you prefer?
Encore204 wrote: 2)I still have the problem with clicking on the icon,but not entering the forum.
but when i click on the http://www.music-cro.com/forum/index.php second after FB has rejected me on my forum, i can login on music cro forum*?
You should access your forum via http://www.nasciturus.com/forum2/ rather than http://nasciturus.com/forum2/ ! It will work than. The www. is necessary since you set it up like that in Facebook ;)
Vincent-C wrote:Exactly what we need. So you will include it in the next release?
I'll do my best for it :)
Haha, now I have a lot to include in the next release :twisted:
Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

DeViAnThans3 wrote: That's exactly what the data mapping is about ;)
However, I was rather thinking firstly to do it via an XML datamap, though I haven't coded this yet. I may still do it via the ACP (which would though require some additional SQL). What would you prefer?
IMO SQL and ACP is better for admins, but which ever is better for you will work for us.
DeViAnThans3 wrote: You should access your forum via http://www.nasciturus.com/forum2/ rather than http://nasciturus.com/forum2/ ! It will work than. The www. is necessary since you set it up like that in Facebook ;)

I feel like a complete idiot :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Encore204 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote: That's exactly what the data mapping is about ;)
IMO SQL and ACP is better for admins, but which ever is better for you will work for us.
DeViAnThans3 wrote: You should access your forum via http://www.nasciturus.com/forum2/ rather than http://nasciturus.com/forum2/ ! It will work than. The www. is necessary since you set it up like that in Facebook ;)

I feel like a complete idiot :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
I'll go with SQL/ACP data mapping than, it's somewhat easier in some way for me too :P And at least I see results than ;)

About the URL problem, its something everyone can do wrong.. these are simply the limitations of cross-domain scripting :)
Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Would be nice if the users are allowed to choose what data they wanted to import (for new registration), instead of the admin deciding it all. Not everyone has the same preference.

I remember you said that the unlinking is not quite necessary. But I think it would be good, just in case they regret linking their accounts for some reason. Another reason, I can test using the FB Connect by using just one FB account. I can unlink them I use the FB account to register yet another forum account. You get what I mean.

Anyways, great work really. My moderator says he love it, and will love it even more then the hide online status is implemented. Good day!
Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

Vincent-C wrote:Would be nice if the users are allowed to choose what data they wanted to import (for new registration), instead of the admin deciding it all. Not everyone has the same preference.
IMO, don't think that this is necesary, as this will only complicate the registration process for the end user.
All of my users who have tried this mod were loving it because it was so easy to register .
One click, and you are in
chuckun

Post by chuckun »

Encore204 wrote:
Vincent-C wrote:Would be nice if the users are allowed to choose what data they wanted to import (for new registration), instead of the admin deciding it all. Not everyone has the same preference.
IMO, don't think that this is necesary, as this will only complicate the registration process for the end user.
All of my users who have tried this mod were loving it because it was so easy to register .
I agree, complicating the registration process just defeats the point... They can edit out any information they're not happy about, if they want :)

^_^
Music-cro

Post by Music-cro »

Encore204 wrote:
2)I still have the problem with clicking on the icon,but not entering the forum.
Oh Music-cro.com is my forum and facebook mod work briliant.
Thx
Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Encore204 wrote:
No necessary complicated. The options are by default what set by the admin. Say by default I set it to import avatars from FB. If the user registering it is fine, all he has to do is just enter his username and he's good to go, no extra work. But if he rather not import is avatar, then only he will need to configure.

I guess what you mean is, more options meaning more clutter on the page? If yes, then you have a point. Maybe a spoiler like "More options" could be implemented. They wouldn't see it until they click on the spoiler.
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Vincent-C wrote:
Encore204 wrote:
No necessary complicated. The options are by default what set by the admin. Say by default I set it to import avatars from FB. If the user registering it is fine, all he has to do is just enter his username and he's good to go, no extra work. But if he rather not import is avatar, then only he will need to configure.

I guess what you mean is, more options meaning more clutter on the page? If yes, then you have a point. Maybe a spoiler like "More options" could be implemented. They wouldn't see it until they click on the spoiler.
This is indeed a possibility I may consider :)
As long as it doesn't complicate the registration process (as said before ;) ), every suggestion will be considered seriously :)
Vincent-C

Post by Vincent-C »

Facebook doesn't allow their developers to see who is using their apps? I'm not keen in creating a new group in my forum and put users registering using FB Connect in that group, just to see the number of FB Connect users. Because everyone will know that particular member is using FB Connect by just simply visiting his/her profile.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”