[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Oshadha

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.0

Post by Oshadha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:45 am

I have solved the php error, but still I can't log in using fb connect.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:53 am

Oshadha wrote:It doesn't work in my board also give a php error message when I try to access the profile setting in UCP

php error code:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/content/e/c/a/ecartz/html/area52/includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 91
Thanks.
This normally can't be caused by the MOD, unless some code placement went wrong. Could you send me the includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php file? I'll PM you my e-mail if you want :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Oshadha

Post by Oshadha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:03 am

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
Oshadha wrote:It doesn't work in my board also give a php error message when I try to access the profile setting in UCP

php error code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/content/e/c/a/ecartz/html/area52/includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 91
Thanks.
This normally can't be caused by the MOD, unless some code placement went wrong. Could you send me the includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php file? I'll PM you my e-mail if you want :)
Yes please pm me I really like this mod and I need to fix it.

DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.1

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:33 pm

New update: Facebook Connect 0.3.1 has released!
What has changed since 0.3.0?
  • Complete rewrite of data importing. Data importing is now done on the fly. Note: this is, by default, disabled, because of the performance issues it may cause. The demo board has data importing enabled. However, data importing should not be seen as the reason why the demo board may react slow.. this is just the server :) (seriously - at my local server it runs very smoothly actually, but I obviously only tested with 1 user.)
  • Bugfix of the FBML declaration placement - thanks to egrando on this one!
  • Bugfix larger facebook ID's (untested though!)
  • Fixed a few small problems with the MODX file, which caused ucp_profile to turn blank in some cases.
I've reinstalled the demo board, so everyone can again jump on testing it, if you want to :)

Also, all updated translations which were sent to me are included in the download now. See first post which are all updated. Many thanks to the translators once again!!!!

subSilver2 instructions were planned today too, but will probably only be included by tomorrow.. sorry Ante :(
The ucp "design" isn't finished yet for subSilver2, but that's the first next thing I'll be doing! Promise! :)

If anyone needs update instructions, you may contact me, but if I don't have to write them, this obviously speeds up the development of the next version :) I'm not yet sure what will or won't be included in the next version - this will all be very dependant on any bugs you may encounter in this version! I'll be abled to point that out more specifically in a few days, when some of you deployed it at a test forum, or tested it a little further, and report any problems :)

Thanks again, each and everyone of you, for your continued support ! :)

PS: Also thanks to tumba25, for his MODX editor. Without this handy tool it would've taken me longer to package this new update :)

zake black

Post by zake black » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Evening hans.

Just thought id say i did another kind of test tonight

In that my FB profile has been disabled and im currently waiting for it to be re-enabled :)

Yup you guessed it! it would not pass though :)

Just thought i'd let you know

Now just got to wait a few years for the facebook team to sort it out for me :(

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 pm

very nice update i will install it tonight.
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Pennywise83

Post by Pennywise83 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Very nice update hans! Keep up the good work!

I've tried the demo board and I found some errors with the unlink function: if I click the button I receive this errors in the top of the page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_fbconnect.php on line 53: Undefined variable: mailfb_to

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3829

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3831

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3832

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3833
Also the board give me this message but it is clear:

Your account cannot be unlinked because you haven't set a correct e-mail address and/or new password yet.

chicochaleur29

Post by chicochaleur29 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 pm

hello
Instructions for 0.3.0 to 0.3.1 please?

Thank you

dsavi

Post by dsavi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 am

Hey, I've got a couple of style corrections to make: :)
Open styles/prosilver/template/fbconnect_body.html
Find

<span class="corners-top"></span>
Replace with

<span class="corners-top"><span /></span>
Find

<span class="corners-bottom">

</span>
Replace with

<span class="corners-bottom"><span /></span>
Fixes the rounded corners in fbconnect_body.html. Thanks for making this mod, my dad's business will be using this. :)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 am

zake black wrote:Evening hans.

Just thought id say i did another kind of test tonight

In that my FB profile has been disabled and im currently waiting for it to be re-enabled :)

Yup you guessed it! it would not pass though :)

Just thought i'd let you know

Now just got to wait a few years for the facebook team to sort it out for me :(
Let's hope it's sorted very soon ;) Thanks for notifying me! :)
darkonia wrote:very nice update i will install it tonight.
Kk, good luck :)
Pennywise83 wrote:Very nice update hans! Keep up the good work!

I've tried the demo board and I found some errors with the unlink function: if I click the button I receive this errors in the top of the page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_fbconnect.php on line 53: Undefined variable: mailfb_to

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3829

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3831

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3832

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php:3248) in /home2/cdevbe/public_html/labs/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/includes/functions.php on line 3833
Also the board give me this message but it is clear:

Your account cannot be unlinked because you haven't set a correct e-mail address and/or new password yet.
Thank you for bringing the error to my attention! I fixed it, and uploaded the repackaged 0.3.1. Upload the root/includes/ucp/ucp_fbconnect.php file to the appropriate location at your server, and the problem should be solved. :)
chicochaleur29 wrote:hello
Instructions for 0.3.0 to 0.3.1 please?

Thank you
Kk, I'll get them done asap, subSilver2 instructions are first on the list, than the update instructions will come. :)
dsavi wrote:Hey, I've got a couple of style corrections to make: :)
Find

<span class="corners-top"></span>
Replace with

<span class="corners-top"><span /></span>
Find

<span class="corners-bottom">

</span>
Replace with

<span class="corners-bottom"><span /></span>
Fixes the rounded corners in fbconnect_body.html. Thanks for making this mod, my dad's business will be using this. :)
Thank you for the style corrections; I have included them into the repackaged download ;)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 am

I've also added subSilver2 instructions in the download now.
This evening will work on update instructions :)

Thank you all!

autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 am

this mod is very very useful :lol:
thanks

Autinhyeu
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:27 pm

I have added this mod using subsilver II instructions.
Works good so far.
Anyone who wants to see how it live, here is the link.

http://www.nasciturus.com/forum5/

@Hans

Hans, i will probably transfer this mod to my live board tomorow.
So this is my question.
I have a vanilla live installation on
www.nasciturus.com/forum/

And i have the facebooked test installation on
www.nasciturus.com/forum5/

Basically, i need to pair the sql database from /forum/ and the modifications that are passed on /forum5/
So this was my intention.
I would copy the files from /forum5/ to /forum/
And then will use the sql instructions on the sql database of /forum/
Is this ok in your opinion ?
What happens to moduls that must be created in ACP panel , and user control panel ?

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:44 pm

update from 0.3.0 to 0.3.1 is very hard help help

;)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:18 pm

thx a lot, now with this new version, no errors appears by me, very nice and easy install.

great features, you are great :mrgreen:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”