[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
paduc83

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.1

Post by paduc83 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
paduc83 wrote:the first login by button "fconnect" ,
It ask "Username" but the second (third ...) login it still ask "Username" for New account

my web http://vn.haiphong.net.vn/fb/

pls help me
I have registered at your site with no problem at all ... your site just performs a little slow on my side. As I can't reproduce the problem, could you maybe point out any errors or such you notice? Or special info that may help me?
please come back my site , you need logout and login agian , you will see the problem.
It still ask "new account".

pls try comeback

datastream2600

Post by datastream2600 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Hans,

I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the changes coming to the Facebook Connect service. I'm not sure if it will affect your work or not, but I wanted to make sure you knew about it.

http://developers.facebook.com/news.php ... &story=312

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 am

paduc83 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
It ask "Username" but the second (third ...) login it still ask "Username" for New account

pls help me
I have registered at your site with no problem at all ... your site just performs a little slow on my side. As I can't reproduce the problem, could you maybe point out any errors or such you notice? Or special info that may help me?
please come back my site , you need logout and login agian , you will see the problem.

pls try comeback
Hey,

I've just tried (also with logout and login again), and I still haven't came across any problems? :?
datastream2600 wrote:Hans,

I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the changes coming to the Facebook Connect service. I'm not sure if it will affect your work or not, but I wanted to make sure you knew about it.

http://developers.facebook.com/news.php ... &story=312
Thanks for noting this! I haven't seen it indeed. It WILL affect this MOD, obviously, but at this moment I can't say if the MOD requires an update, that will need to be tested.
Since it uses the FBConnect API already quite well, so normally the login box will pop up correctly still, I'm just unsure for the moment if the redirections will be made well after logging in. We'll see when the code push is done .. ;)

Thanks again!
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

odedharth

Post by odedharth » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 am

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
odedharth wrote:hi,
I have done all the steps of the installation until I got to the final step which is putting the apikey and the secret:
It is best you now take a break for like 5 minutes. Let's give Facebook time to make the changes at all their servers!
Once you think you're ready, let's log in to our Administration Control Panel (in the General tab). We now click "Facebook Connect Settings", which is positioned within the "Board Configuration" section. Now, we need to enter the API key and the application secret we written down earlier.
But when I entered the "Facebook Connect Settings" I got this problem:
phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: fbconnect_apikey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 273: Undefined index: fbconnect_appsecret
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_dataimport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_dataimport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_friendimport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_friendimport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_notification
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_notification
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_autolang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_autolang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 348: Undefined index: fbconnect_avatartype
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_forceavatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_forceavatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 348: Undefined index: fbconnect_usergroup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_existgroup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_existgroup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_askpassword
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_askpassword
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: fbconnect_dologout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 292: Undefined index: fbconnect_dologout
Do you know why is this happennig?
Is there a way that I can enter the apikey and the secret maualy?
Is it because I am using localhost server?

thx,
Oded

:lol:
The errors you get MUST be resolved before you enter the API key and secret. They indicate that the proper configuration entries are not added or loaded, and mainly can be due to 3 possible reasons:
  • You haven't cleared the cache.
  • You haven't executed the SQL in the MODX file. (+cleared cache afterwards)
  • You haven't replaced "phpbb_" with the proper phpBB table prefix in the SQL in the MODX file. It will also make the phpBB installation look like you haven't executed the SQL since it isn't executed on the correct tables. (+clear cache afterwards)
Let me know if this helps.
hi,
thx for the reply :D
After I cleared the cache the errors were gone, and now I can enter the api key and the secret.
There is a different problem now, which is that when I click on the facebook connect button nothing happens. :?

Do you know why is this happennig?

cheers,
Oded

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

There are several possible reasons to that ... most probably your Connect URL is set incorrectly in the Facebook Application settings, you should make sure that this is exactly your forum URL! :)

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Looking forward to this :) NIce mod and I hope I can use the final soon :) :) Thank you!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

adildr

Post by adildr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
adildr wrote:I installed tihs mod but I have a poblem with registering.
One step of registering is normal, connected to facebook but then, when I write username and click to submit button, no action.hovewer registering isn't follow.

I have created the facebook application about 5 days befrore, when I check the application, seen "not submit".
What am I doing to submit the application? do this problem trigger doe to not submit?

ı hope, explain to you :)
Hey,

The submission status of your application is not relevant to this ;)
As I said, I don't have any problem with registering and submitting the form at your forum ... maybe it is some kind of browser issue with your browser? Can you register without any problems on other sites?

No I can register to another sites, and I use firefox.
www.tibbiyeli.net
Tıp ve Tus Sitesi

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 pm

adildr wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
One step of registering is normal, connected to facebook but then, when I write username and click to submit button, no action.hovewer registering isn't follow.

I have created the facebook application about 5 days befrore, when I check the application, seen "not submit".
What am I doing to submit the application? do this problem trigger doe to not submit?

Hey,

As I said, I don't have any problem with registering and submitting the form at your forum ... maybe it is some kind of browser issue with your browser? Can you register without any problems on other sites?

It is very very odd, as I can't reproduce the problem. Does the account get registered? Is the phpbb_fbids table all set? Thanks :)

HRTV

Post by HRTV » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Where do I install the Facebook Connect 0.3.1 after I download it?

Thanks

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm

HRTV wrote:Where do I install the Facebook Connect 0.3.1 after I download it?

Thanks
You may want to check out this tutorial if you are unfamiliar with MODX installation for phpBB systems! It has some useful information for beginners! :)

Please note this is beta code, and it is not recommended -especially for beginners- to install unfinished MOD's already :) But nobody keeps you from trying ;)

HRTV

Post by HRTV » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :) this might be way over my skill level :oops:

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:03 pm

HRTV wrote:Thanks for the quick reply :) this might be way over my skill level :oops:
I'm definitely not saying it is, but at this point it IS safest for you to first test it on a non-live board, just to make sure you wouldn't mess up your running board in some way :)
If you follow all steps carefully, I guess there isn't too much danger either. ;)

adildr

Post by adildr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
adildr wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:

Hey,

It is very very odd, as I can't reproduce the problem. Does the account get registered? Is the phpbb_fbids table all set? Thanks :)
Yes phpbb_fbids is all set.
Can you try to register to my site on facebook, I think you catch the problem,
Mysite is: http://www.tibbiyeli.net
Login link is: http://www.tibbiyeli.net/ucp.php?mode=login
My sites language is turkish but I think not problem to register.
www.tibbiyeli.net
Tıp ve Tus Sitesi

paduc83

Post by paduc83 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
paduc83 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:

pls help me

pls try comeback
Hey,

I've just tried (also with logout and login again), and I still haven't came across any problems? :?

Thanks again!
Pls see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZ4flTzSjU
you will see the problem

tks for support

paduc83

Post by paduc83 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Please ! Attach your demo forum http://labs.c-dev.be/phpbb/facebook-connect/demo/ with Sql database

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”