[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ScrapbookSupplies

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:15 pm

WOW! Hans! That fixed that problem. Wish they had a simple-to-understand program to learn some of this php.

The connection is working now - I had removed my site name from the general settings because the SubSilver template that I am using places an image in that space and putting the site name in marks over top of it.

Our user avatars and still not showing though. Wonder if I just need to wait on FB. ??

Also, I did get one error when trying to log into the ACP:

Code: Select all

The requested URL /scrapchat/adm/fbconnect.php was not found on this server.
This file (for adm/) does not exist in the download. I don't know if this is a fluke, reminants from the older version looking for a file or what exactly it is. But, I am logging in okay and the friends are showing up in the ucp.

I suppose the biggest thing is the avatars. I tried unlinking and relinking but that didn't fix it.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Hey,

1) The file not found error: this is very weird.. does this happen after you log in (provided login credentials)? Does it also happen if you go to the ACP again after getting the error?
Please note that it is impossible to log in with Facebook Connect to your admin control panel. There are many reasons why, but the major one is security, obviously.

2) Avatars
Again quite some possible explanations.
  • Is data import enabled in the ACP -> facebook connect settings ?
  • Are remote avatars allowed?
  • Is PHP safe mode off?
  • Are there any restrictions on PHP functions fsockopen() or fopen() functions to remotely connect to other servers?
First check these .. :)

Also: note that Facebook permissions are taken into account. You can't see avatars from other Facebook people if you also can't see them at Facebook. There also is a difference when logged in via Facebook Connect or not.. :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

puremotorsport

Post by puremotorsport » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi there.

Thanks for the mod! I've installed and configured it, isn't that hard at all! So far so good.

I am having an issue at the moment whereby if you click the FB Connect button at any of the login forms, it just redirects to the top of the page (doesn't even refresh) and gives no errors.

I take it users are supposed to just enter their facebook email address and password, then click connect, and it should work? That's my issue at present...

Not sure if anyone else has had this and found a fix?

Thanks!

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:36 am

Looking forward to this :)
Thanks so much!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 am

puremotorsport wrote:Hi there.

Thanks for the mod! I've installed and configured it, isn't that hard at all! So far so good.

I am having an issue at the moment whereby if you click the FB Connect button at any of the login forms, it just redirects to the top of the page (doesn't even refresh) and gives no errors.

I take it users are supposed to just enter their facebook email address and password, then click connect, and it should work? That's my issue at present...

Not sure if anyone else has had this and found a fix?

Thanks!
Possibly your connect URL is set incorrectly. Could you PM me the URL of your board, so I can check out for myself?

Thanks! ~hans

DzoA

Post by DzoA » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Requirements: PHP 5 with safe mode off (!)
How to change to safe mod off?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:51 pm

DzoA wrote:
Requirements: PHP 5 with safe mode off (!)
How to change to safe mod off?
Ask your host or system administrator. This is a setting which needs to be changed in php.ini.
Refer to this page :)

DzoA

Post by DzoA » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks!

puremotorsport

Post by puremotorsport » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Hans.

Can't PM, as I have less than 5 posts, but the board is at http://115.42.20.50/~puremotv/forum/

Its only a dev site, so doesn't matter too much!

Thanks!
Ryan

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:57 am

puremotorsport wrote:Hi Hans.

Can't PM, as I have less than 5 posts, but the board is at http://115.42.20.50/~puremotv/forum/

Its only a dev site, so doesn't matter too much!

Thanks!
Ryan
Hey Ryan,

As I guessed, the problem is with your connect URL. This connect URL is set to puremotorsport.tv, while you are trying to run it at your IP address (which, for Facebook, is a different domain). It will only start working once you run this board at puremotorsport.tv :)
Or, if you change all domain references in the Facebook Application settings to the host IP (but this will render puremotorsport.tv unusable) :)

puremotorsport

Post by puremotorsport » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:10 am

Ah, good point Hans, thanks.

I'll have to work out if I can organise a subdomain or something, as Facebook don't recognise IP addresses.

I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks,
Ryan

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 am

puremotorsport wrote:Ah, good point Hans, thanks.

I'll have to work out if I can organise a subdomain or something, as Facebook don't recognise IP addresses.

I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks,
Ryan
k, thanks! :D

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi There,

This looks like such a great mod however it does not work for me. I get no errors however the connect to facebook thing just isnt there on the login screen. Board URL is: dogz.bounceme.net.

Please help me,

-mitchboy999

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:03 pm

mitchboy999 wrote:Hi There,

This looks like such a great mod however it does not work for me. I get no errors however the connect to facebook thing just isnt there on the login screen. Board URL is: dogz.bounceme.net.

Please help me,

-mitchboy999
It looks like your application is registered to three60modz.hopto.org rather than dogz.bounceme.net. Also, your facebook buttons aren't currently showing up .. is that on purpose, or did you miss any installation guidelines (in install.xml) ?

However, the behaviour you described typically means you have misconfigured the Connect URL (or base domain) in the Facebook Application settings. If the three60modz.hopto.org is indeed configured like that, this will most likely be the problem. Please double-check the Facebook Application settings :)

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:20 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:Hi There,

Please help me,

-mitchboy999
It looks like your application is registered to three60modz.hopto.org rather than dogz.bounceme.net. Also, your facebook buttons aren't currently showing up .. is that on purpose, or did you miss any installation guidelines (in install.xml) ?

However, the behaviour you described typically means you have misconfigured the Connect URL (or base domain) in the Facebook Application settings. If the three60modz.hopto.org is indeed configured like that, this will most likely be the problem. Please double-check the Facebook Application settings :)
No, its setup properly because both domains point to my server (i did it that way so Google doesn't waste my bandwidth with bots but it doesn't matter. So yeah, three60modz.hopto.org is the right address. I went on install.xml and did everything. Any ideas on what i can do? The facebook buttons are not showing up and i don't know why.

And thanks for your time and a very quick reply,

- mitchboy999

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”