[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
rcnutterz

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by rcnutterz »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:@Rcnutterz: I will somewhere tomorrow look into your inquiry (i hope) :)
Thats fantastic. thanks :)

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:@Rcnutterz: I will somewhere tomorrow look into your inquiry (i hope) :)
@Asmalik12: Nothing shows up with me ... but note that this MOD does NOT make your site a Facebook application, at least, it is not coded to be used for that.
@Darkonia: The function you mention is unnecessary, and should function normally. Did you modify or customize your template possibly? (Or have an older version of Facebook Connect running?) :)
no i load your newest vrsion, ..
and i dont edit template core..
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

darkonia wrote:
@Asmalik12: Nothing shows up with me ... but note that this MOD does NOT make your site a Facebook application, at least, it is not coded to be used for that.
@Darkonia: The function you mention is unnecessary, and should function normally. Did you modify or customize your template possibly? (Or have an older version of Facebook Connect running?) :)
no i load your newest vrsion, ..
and i dont edit template core..
Have you enterred a "title" for your forum in the general forum settings? :) It possibly may be caused by such things :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

Hello, I am having Errors with fbconnect.php

The page loads the facebook account, with the Existing User/New User account link prompt, however, when "Submit" is hit, it reloads back to the page. What can i do to resolve this?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

ArronC wrote:Hello, I am having Errors with fbconnect.php

The page loads the facebook account, with the Existing User/New User account link prompt, however, when "Submit" is hit, it reloads back to the page. What can i do to resolve this?
That's quite unusual behaviour; have you checked all configuration variables? :)

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

I am wondering if you can tell me what part of the css I need to edit to make my FB log in line up properly on my index page. I tried to determine which section this was but couldn't. My style is based on SubSilver.

This is what's happening (in IE):

PS. It looks like my theme (forum body) ends at the blue border but this design actually incorporates part of the gray background in it. Hope that makes sense.... it's not just the forum with the background color set as gray. It's at www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:

That's quite unusual behaviour; have you checked all configuration variables? :)
configuration variables as far as what? Facebook Connect Settings? I am really stuck at this point.
I tried re-uploading the files, etc.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:I am wondering if you can tell me what part of the css I need to edit to make my FB log in line up properly on my index page. I tried to determine which section this was but couldn't. My style is based on SubSilver.

This is what's happening (in IE):

PS. It looks like my theme (forum body) ends at the blue border but this design actually incorporates part of the gray background in it. Hope that makes sense.... it's not just the forum with the background color set as gray. It's at http://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat
I'm unfamiliar with your style, but I'm pretty sure you should look into overall_header.html template, its there where you added the facebook connect button. You may, for example, try to add a <br /> before the icon? :)

Thanks in advance!
ArronC wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:

configuration variables as far as what? Facebook Connect Settings? I am really stuck at this point.
I tried re-uploading the files, etc.
Yes, Facebook Connect Settings + most importantly, also the application settings over at Facebook :)

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

The Facebook Connect Settings, I've configured multiple times, however, I will take a look into the application settings over at Facebook.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

rcnutterz wrote:
Thats fantastic. thanks :)
Any further ideas on the injecting of FB data to show the avatar problem i am having?
i am about to open my site up :o and it would be nice to have it working (although not bad news if it isnt yet ;) )

justhink
Name: Saugata Datta

Post by justhink »

Hay,
Can someone tell me how to remove it from database?
i need to made a fresh install on a demo board, before that i have to un-install it from my forum.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

not sure if it is an issue or a one-off glitch,
for the first time tonight i invited 4 friends, one the send of the invite had finished, it returned me to the board BUT i was logged out?
any ideas?

My board is: www.farmville-neighbors.com

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

Hi Hans,
Have one other question on this mod, as I am still seeing a slight problem with the avatars. I must either be a slow learner or a quick forgetter, but here goes....

You had said that the site (my site) wont allow the Facebook avatar to show up if the member already has an avatar in place. To fix this the member must delete their avatar, which will make the Facebook picture show in its place. This makes perfect sense.

But... In my FB Connect settings I have it set for new members to automatically be put into a "Facebook Social" Group, which has an automatic avatar assigned.

Am I causing the problem of our avatars not showing up? The intent behind the default avatar for this group was in case people did not import their avatar.

Thanks Hans,
Jeanne
;)

Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

purusam wrote:hello

When is this mod ready for live forum ?
Hi.

Even thought Hans is advising everyone against using Fconnect on a live forum, a few people from this thread (myself included) are using it on our forums.
No problems have been detected , and some small glitches that we found were fixed quickly.
So basically, even though this is a DEV mode, it's much more stable than many released mods out there.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”