[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
purusam

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by purusam »

Encore204 wrote:
purusam wrote:hello

When is this mod ready for live forum ?
Hi.

Even thought Hans is advising everyone against using Fconnect on a live forum, a few people from this thread (myself included) are using it on our forums.
No problems have been detected , and some small glitches that we found were fixed quickly.
So basically, even though this is a DEV mode, it's much more stable than many released mods out there.

okey thanks good yo know but i wait for mod authors comment

DeViAnThans3

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

rcnutterz wrote:not sure if it is an issue or a one-off glitch,
for the first time tonight i invited 4 friends, one the send of the invite had finished, it returned me to the board BUT i was logged out?
any ideas?

My board is: http://www.farmville-neighbors.com
definitely not a one off glitch, invited more today and once completed redirected to index page and was logged out

d.anup93
Name: Anup Debnath

Post by d.anup93 »

plz ad a option.

change email address when reg.

when we reg with this plz this type of mail address set on my account.

Code: Select all

apps+152635776927.100000214615686.ef4104bcb90b3549b103abe7a6d248bc@proxymail.facebook.com
and how can i connect with FB an existing account?
Anup Planet
Web Hosting Service: HostPlanet51
Hosting Community forum: হোস্ট আলাপন

asmalik12

Post by asmalik12 »

Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/vol5/5gigs.net/fiveg_4233124/htdocs/forums/fbconnect.php on line 234

??????????????
"Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man." - Quaid-e-Azam

hedd gwynfor
Translator

Post by hedd gwynfor »

This is a superb MOD and I have installed it on our Test Forum. Just a few questions.

Our Forum is in Welsh, how do I change the Facebook Connect Button to be in Welsh? Can I just use my own image and change the code accordingly?

How can I get the Facebook Connect popup to be in Welsh? Facebook is available in Welsh, and I know the relevant strings for the popup have been translated. What changes do I need to make in the code?

Many thanks.

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

ArronC wrote:Hello, I am having Errors with fbconnect.php

The page loads the facebook account, with the Existing User/New User account link prompt, however, when "Submit" is hit, it reloads back to the page. What can i do to resolve this?
ArronC wrote:The Facebook Connect Settings, I've configured multiple times, however, I will take a look into the application settings over at Facebook.

The application settings over at Facebook, seem to be fine. I can send you my fbconnect.php url if you like.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Hello there!

Great MOD you got here.

I have installed it to test it out and i was wondering the following:

In your demo, when you aren't logged in yet, on the bottom next to the login section beside the "Save your password" you have a little "F Connect" to automatically take them to register from facebook any idea where i can get that and have it done like that?

Thanks!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

jbarrouk

Post by jbarrouk »

Hi! and thanks for this mod. I had it installed on my test site a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Now all of a sudden there are a lot of weird issues with my forums. My mod guy seems to think it could be possibly something with this mod, but isn't sure. He asked me to let you know the following info:
I did my testing with viewing a topic. sometimes there is no lag, but most of the time it takes 10 seconds to open a topic. I eliminated the lag by clearing the cache and opening includes/functions.php and commenting line 264 which is

Select all
$fbdata = $fbdatao->obtain_fbdata($fbi);
I suggest that you ask the MOD author if he/she has any suggestions. Show them this image: http://67.23.185.22/~asingula/temp/slow_query1.png. Look at the time difference between query #11 and query #12 and you can see where the time lag is.
thanks for your help.
Joe

MS FRANKY

Post by MS FRANKY »

Please after install this mode and do everything what was in DIY instructions, it show on ucp.php only blank page(login and UCP doesn´t work). Please help me.

Chris26237

Post by Chris26237 »

DeViAnThans3 wrote:You have a very specific setup; could you let me know which settings you set for phpBB server settings? (ACP->Server Configuration (on your right)->Server Settings). The settings "server protocol", "domain name" and "script path" are the ones Facebook Connect uses, could you update me on those? :)

Thanks in advantage ;)
protocol: http://
domain: www.scootlanta.com
port: 80
script path: /forums

I also have some .htaccess rewrite conditions:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums(\/?)$
RewriteRule (.*) /forum [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/index.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/ucp.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/user?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/viewforum.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/forum?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/viewtopic.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/topic?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/memberlist.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/members?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /forums/report.php
RewriteRule (.*) /forum/report?%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

EY wrote:Hello there!

Great MOD you got here.

I have installed it to test it out and i was wondering the following:

In your demo, when you aren't logged in yet, on the bottom next to the login section beside the "Save your password" you have a little "F Connect" to automatically take them to register from facebook any idea where i can get that and have it done like that?

Thanks!
The FB Connect comes with the mod once it's installed. Is that what you're asking?

KaTXi

Post by KaTXi »

Hi guys.

I have a very strange problem with this mod. After install the post page read times went from 0.1/0.2 seconds to 10/20 seconds. The more posts in the topic the more time added.

Looking around I found TONS of files like this in the cache directory:

data_fb_02b42c3eec51ae93512757f19ec3f02a.php

<?php exit; ?>
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxx
a:1:{i:xxxxxxxxxx;a:12:{s:16:"current_location";s:0:"";s:10:"first_name";s:0:"";s:9:"interests";s:0:"";s:9:"last_name";s:0:"";s:9:"pic_small";s:0:"";s:8:"timezone";s:0:"";s:3:"uid";s:9:"xxxxxxx";s:6:"locale";s:0:"";s:11:"profile_url";s:
0:"";s:13:"proxied_email";s:83:"apps+xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx@proxymail.facebook.com";s:13:"birthday_date";s:0:"";s:13:"profile_blurb";s:0:"";}}
The only difference between them is the first number (which I substituted with the xxxxxxxx). As soon as I restored the old forum everything got back to normal.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

rcnutterz wrote:
rcnutterz wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:@Rcnutterz: I will somewhere tomorrow look into your inquiry (i hope) :)
Thats fantastic. thanks :)
Any further ideas on the injecting of FB data to show the avatar problem i am having?
i am about to open my site up :o and it would be nice to have it working (although not bad news if it isnt yet ;) )
Any progress Hans?

transs

Post by transs »

Hi, great Mod you have. I am planning to install this to my forum, however I have one question to installation procedures. On the install.xml document, you have there the following:

SQL
Code:Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` , `is_dynamic` )
VALUES (
'fbconnect_apikey', '', '0'
);
VALUES (

I've been installing a couple of mods before but this is my first time I encounter with this kind of instruction. Can you tell me what to do with that SQL code? does this mean we need to modify this on MySQL? Please if you have a more detailed instruction on how to install this one. Thank you!

Encore204

Post by Encore204 »

transs wrote:Hi, great Mod you have. I am planning to install this to my forum, however I have one question to installation procedures. On the install.xml document, you have there the following:

SQL
Code:Select all

VALUES (
'fbconnect_apikey', '', '0'
);
VALUES (

I've been installing a couple of mods before but this is my first time I encounter with this kind of instruction. Can you tell me what to do with that SQL code? does this mean we need to modify this on MySQL? Please if you have a more detailed instruction on how to install this one. Thank you!
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=588697

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”