[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Wow, I must have missed a notification e-mail :shock:
Sorry for all late replies!!

I'll for now just answer all messages which aren't related to errors; errors will be looked into soon (i hope), in order to get them fixed in 0.4.0. I'm also integrating the new Facebook dashboard features, at least, it is planned, again to replace the old "notifications" system which was removed in 0.3.4.

Please be aware of the fact that due to the upcoming & recent FBAPI changes, and recent failure reports here, I strongly disadvise to still install new copies of this on your live sites!!!
ScrapbookSupplies wrote:Hi Hans,
Have one other question on this mod, as I am still seeing a slight problem with the avatars. I must either be a slow learner or a quick forgetter, but here goes....

You had said that the site (my site) wont allow the Facebook avatar to show up if the member already has an avatar in place. To fix this the member must delete their avatar, which will make the Facebook picture show in its place. This makes perfect sense.

But... In my FB Connect settings I have it set for new members to automatically be put into a "Facebook Social" Group, which has an automatic avatar assigned.

Am I causing the problem of our avatars not showing up? The intent behind the default avatar for this group was in case people did not import their avatar.

Thanks Hans,
Jeanne
;)
Hey,

Yes, indeed, this may cause the problem, as it overwrites any other avatars normally. :)
hedd gwynfor wrote:This is a superb MOD and I have installed it on our Test Forum. Just a few questions.

Our Forum is in Welsh, how do I change the Facebook Connect Button to be in Welsh? Can I just use my own image and change the code accordingly?

How can I get the Facebook Connect popup to be in Welsh? Facebook is available in Welsh, and I know the relevant strings for the popup have been translated. What changes do I need to make in the code?

Many thanks.
Yes, you could change the html code related to it in order to translate the button :) But automatic button translation is also a planned feature..

Please let me remind you of the current disencouragement to install this mod on live boards! :)
EY wrote:Hello there!

Great MOD you got here.

I have installed it to test it out and i was wondering the following:

In your demo, when you aren't logged in yet, on the bottom next to the login section beside the "Save your password" you have a little "F Connect" to automatically take them to register from facebook any idea where i can get that and have it done like that?

Thanks!
Following the MOD install instructions should lead to the showing of the button :)
jbarrouk wrote:Hi! and thanks for this mod. I had it installed on my test site a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Now all of a sudden there are a lot of weird issues with my forums. My mod guy seems to think it could be possibly something with this mod, but isn't sure. He asked me to let you know the following info:
I did my testing with viewing a topic. sometimes there is no lag, but most of the time it takes 10 seconds to open a topic. I eliminated the lag by clearing the cache and opening includes/functions.php and commenting line 264 which is

Code: Select all

Select all
$fbdata = $fbdatao->obtain_fbdata($fbi);
I suggest that you ask the MOD author if he/she has any suggestions. Show them this image: http://67.23.185.22/~asingula/temp/slow_query1.png. Look at the time difference between query #11 and query #12 and you can see where the time lag is.
thanks for your help.
Joe
This line may indeed cause a lot of lag (as also warned in the topic etc) ONLY if the "grab facebook data" feature is enabled in Facebook Connect settings.

This problem relates to the problem of KaTHix, but this actually isn't a problem, it is completely normal lag if you enable the previously mentionned feature. It should however go smoother once the data is cached. If your forum isn't used much however, the data cache may render useless, and the lag continues to occur. You may than consider disabling the above feature!
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Following the MOD install instructions should lead to the showing of the button
It is because i installed it with autoMOD and everything is working like it is suppose to but i do not see that button available.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

EY wrote:
Following the MOD install instructions should lead to the showing of the button
It is because i installed it with autoMOD and everything is working like it is suppose to but i do not see that button available.
There is an extensive Do It Yourself (DIY) section within the install file which is critical in order to get the button to show up + work correctly. Did you follow these instructions? :)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

So this mod, this version at least, will pretty much be broken when FB changes thier API ?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

Peter77sx wrote:So this mod, this version at least, will pretty much be broken when FB changes thier API ?
This pretty much depends on the changes Facebook does to their API ;)
Facebook updates their API codebase weekly, so there are usually a lot of small changes which shouldn't affect the MOD in any way. Also at this moment the newest part of the API shouldn't break 0.3.4 (proof of this is the working version still at my site..), however I notice quite a few problem reports lately, and I need to investigate them deeper, I'm not saying that these problems come from API changes. :)

Obviously, if Facebook removes or modifies essential parts of the API, like removing the notifications over time, the MOD needs to get updated in order to reflect these changes ;) But 0.3.4 is specifically designed to anticipate on the notifications change.

Basically, normally, the MOD shouldn't be affected by changes. Only when a big Facebook change is upcoming, it is always important to check if everything still works, and no features break due to these changes.This should though happen only on rare occassions, like six monthly max.

Does this address your concerns? :)

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

Looking forward to implementing this in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your hard work.

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

In addition to my previous issue, I get this error when clicking on my members list...
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

SQL

SELECT user_id, fb_id FROM phpbb_fbids WHERE user_id = '175'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_fbconnect.php
LINE: 257
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 1433
CALL: inject_fb_data()

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

Just noticed what seems to be a possible bug,
Someone has just registered using FBconnect with the username 'jt'
i do however have it set in the registration settings in the ACP for minimum '3' characters and maximum '30'
:?

guillaume.rivest

Post by guillaume.rivest »

Great mod, I have two questions for you.

First, when do you expect to be able to get this mod in a "usable on live forums" status? I've just started a new board, which I hope to launch on March 5th at a live meeting, and Facebook Connect would be very helpful in improving accessibility. I'd love to know the chances that you will deem it stable enough by then.

Second point is more of a feature request. I'm doing this board for a network of student co-ops, so I added a mandatory profile field asking which co-op people belong to. However, when subscribing through Facebook Connect, they are never asked to fill it out (the process still works regardless). Could mandatory custom profile fields be added to the "confirm subscription" screen of your mod?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Chris26237

Post by Chris26237 »

guillaume.rivest wrote:Great mod, I have two questions for you.

First, when do you expect to be able to get this mod in a "usable on live forums" status? I've just started a new board, which I hope to launch on March 5th at a live meeting, and Facebook Connect would be very helpful in improving accessibility. I'd love to know the chances that you will deem it stable enough by then.

Second point is more of a feature request. I'm doing this board for a network of student co-ops, so I added a mandatory profile field asking which co-op people belong to. However, when subscribing through Facebook Connect, they are never asked to fill it out (the process still works regardless). Could mandatory custom profile fields be added to the "confirm subscription" screen of your mod?

Thanks a lot for your work!
...and to guillaume.rivest's question, would a donation of support help your development move faster?

JT2010

Post by JT2010 »

Support phpbb3.0.6 ??

if i don't have
"Open: styles/prosilver/template/ucp_profile_reg_details.html"
Find:

<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<fieldset>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="cur_password">{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="password" name="cur_password" id="cur_password" maxlength="255" value="{CUR_PASSWORD}" class="inputbox" title="{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	</fieldset>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
</div>
Replace with:

<!-- IF not IS_NEW_FBUSER -->
<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<fieldset>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="cur_password">{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="password" name="cur_password" id="cur_password" maxlength="255" value="{CUR_PASSWORD}" class="inputbox" title="{L_CURRENT_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	</fieldset>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
"Open: styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html"
Find:

window.onunload = function()
	{
		for (var i = 0; i < onunload_functions.length; i++)
		{
			eval(onunload_functions[i]);
		}
	}
Add after:

/**
    * Get FaceBook session
    */
    function fbSession()
    {
	 var url = "";

try{
	 if(document.getElementById('login').redirect.value != "")
	 {
	 	url = 'fbconnect.php?redir='+escape(document.getElementById('login').redirect.value);
	 }else{
	 	url = 'fbconnect.php';
	 }
	}catch(err){
	 url = 'fbconnect.php';
	}

// Auto-login
    var x = document.getElementsByName('autologin').length;
    if(x>0)
    {
        if(document.getElementsByName('autologin')[0].checked == true)
        {
            url += "&autologin=1";
        }
    }

// Hide session
    var x = document.getElementsByName('viewonline').length;
    if(x>0)
    {
        if(document.getElementsByName('viewonline')[0].checked == true)
        {
            url += "&viewonline=1";
        }
    }

FB.ensureInit(function()
     {
        FB.Connect.ifUserConnected(url, function ()
        {
            FB.Connect.requireSession(function ()
            {
				document.location = url;
            });
        });
     });
    }

to correct

ArronC

Post by ArronC »

How do I fix this error?
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

SQL

SELECT user_id, fb_id FROM phpbb_fbids WHERE user_id = '238'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_fbconnect.php
LINE: 257
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 1433
CALL: inject_fb_data()

Xavierk

Post by Xavierk »

File: includes/functions_fbconnect.php

//ini_set('display_errors',1);
//error_reporting(E_ALL);

require_once($phpbb_root_path . "includes/acm/acm_file.".$phpEx);

/**
* Get the correct language ISO code (for automatic language detection)
*/
Seems to be an causing an issue when using other acm modules. I've commented out the line, but would love a better solution.

Thank you!

cut-p

Post by cut-p »

wher i can find thes code

i dont fond it in

viewtopic

// Set max_post_time
	if ($row['post_time'] > $max_post_time)
	{
		$max_post_time = $row['post_time'];