[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 pm

mitchboy999 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:Hi There,

This looks like such a great mod however it does not work for me. I get no errors however the connect to facebook thing just isnt there on the login screen. Board URL is: dogz.bounceme.net.

Please help me,

-mitchboy999
It looks like your application is registered to three60modz.hopto.org rather than dogz.bounceme.net. Also, your facebook buttons aren't currently showing up .. is that on purpose, or did you miss any installation guidelines (in install.xml) ?

However, the behaviour you described typically means you have misconfigured the Connect URL (or base domain) in the Facebook Application settings. If the three60modz.hopto.org is indeed configured like that, this will most likely be the problem. Please double-check the Facebook Application settings :)
No, its setup properly because both domains point to my server (i did it that way so Google doesn't waste my bandwidth with bots but it doesn't matter. So yeah, three60modz.hopto.org is the right address. I went on install.xml and did everything. Any ideas on what i can do? The facebook buttons are not showing up and i don't know why.

And thanks for your time and a very quick reply,

- mitchboy999
Hey,

Could you post (or PM me) the content of styles/your-style/template/login_body.html ? So I can first check if any changes are done within :)

Also a small note, Facebook Connect will ONLY work on three60modz.hopto.org, no other domain (except if a subdomain of hopto.org) due to security issues (cross-domain scripting).

~hans
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:45 pm

I uploaded all the files i edited.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5QQV7TT

once again, thanks for all your help. You're one of the "nicer" developers.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:56 pm

mitchboy999 wrote:I uploaded all the files i edited.

Haha! :)

At first sight, everything seems to be done correctly; next thing to check for you is the following:
  • Have you cleared/refreshed the cache?
  • Have you entered a correct API key in the settings? (though I guess that won't be a problem, but to be sure, check again)

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:16 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:I uploaded all the files i edited.

Haha! :)

At first sight, everything seems to be done correctly; next thing to check for you is the following:
  • Have you cleared/refreshed the cache?
  • Have you entered a correct API key in the settings? (though I guess that won't be a problem, but to be sure, check again)
Refreshed the cache 3 times (even maually deleted the files).

API key is fine. But i don't understand why the Facebook connect icon wont appear?

Please help me i would really love this mod. I have physical access to the server if that helps. Its running Windows. I have restarted it like 3 times but it didn't help.

It can't be a problem with the server right? Because everything else works.

Thanks for your time,

- mitchboy999

olilesp

Post by olilesp » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Do you refresh your style, Template and packages (theme and imageset) too ??
PhpBB Forums.. what else ?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:33 pm

I've checked with a non-cached version of your template ( three60modz.hopto.org/styles/360Elite/template/overall_header.html ), and the modifications AREN't reflected in there. Have you uploaded the modified files? Have you made sure that they overwrote the old, non-modified files?

Whichever way, it isn't working currently because the modified files aren't in place yet, as it looks now :)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:44 pm

olilesp wrote:Do you refresh your style, Template and packages (theme and imageset) too ??
wow, you beat me at replying :mrgreen:
Would be a reasonable explanation too, though if you purge the cache, it normally refreshes all these things ;)

If the modified files are succesfully uploaded, purging the cache / refreshing styles etc. would indeed help normally :)

@Mitchboy: Keep in mind that some FTP clients may automatically skip file uploads of files which already exist on your server. This may have caused that the modified files aren't uploaded (yet)? :)

knmt

Post by knmt » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:25 pm

When will the new features (publish to wall, fetch status) be implemented? I want them so bad :lol: . Thanks to DeViAnThans3 again for such great mod.

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
olilesp wrote:Do you refresh your style, Template and packages (theme and imageset) too ??

@Mitchboy: Keep in mind that some FTP clients may automatically skip file uploads of files which already exist on your server. This may have caused that the modified files aren't uploaded (yet)? :)

Yes i refreshed and i am copying the files directly (not thru FTP). I am using the server to do the editing so there is no need for FTP.

-mitchboy999

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:I've checked with a non-cached version of your template ( three60modz.hopto.org/styles/360Elite/template/overall_header.html ), and the modifications AREN't reflected in there. Have you uploaded the modified files? Have you made sure that they overwrote the old, non-modified files?

Whichever way, it isn't working currently because the modified files aren't in place yet, as it looks now :)
mistake. done now. :)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:13 pm

mitchboy999 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:I've checked with a non-cached version of your template ( three60modz.hopto.org/styles/360Elite/template/overall_header.html ), and the modifications AREN't reflected in there. Have you uploaded the modified files? Have you made sure that they overwrote the old, non-modified files?

The edits for overall_header.html seem to be done now, and also working in your template..
The edits for login_body.html seem to be done now too, as I see, but don't seem reflected on your site yet. Purge cache may solve that problem. Also note that the button will not show if you haven't entered an API key in the settings dialog, but that doesn't seem a problem I think ;)
knmt wrote:When will the new features (publish to wall, fetch status) be implemented? I want them so bad :lol: . Thanks to DeViAnThans3 again for such great mod.
The publish to wall feature was intended to be implemented in 0.4.0, which I intended to release before 2010, but I won't get to that deadline ;)
The publish to wall feature can be implemented in 2 ways, and I try to implement both ways, so that the forum admin can choose himself which way he desires. :)

Status fetching is probably implemented too with 0.4.0 (data mapping), but I haven't gotten that far yet as I'm still working on publish to wall ;)

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:23 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:

The edits for overall_header.html seem to be done now, and also working in your template..
The edits for login_body.html seem to be done now too, as I see, but don't seem reflected on your site yet. Purge cache may solve that problem. Also note that the button will not show if you haven't entered an API key in the settings dialog, but that doesn't seem a problem I think ;)
I purged the cache. Still no changes. API key is fine. I don't no what im doing wrong.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 pm

mitchboy999 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:

I purged the cache. Still no changes. API key is fine. I don't no what im doing wrong.
I just checked, but it looks like you have changed the style, is that possible? :)

mitchboy999

Post by mitchboy999 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
mitchboy999 wrote:

I just checked, but it looks like you have changed the style, is that possible? :)

I was just seeing if it worked with other styles but it doesn't. Any ideas on what it could be?

-mitchboy999

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm

I've no idea, this is all very weird ... have you tried clearing the cache again by manually deleting all files in /cache/ ?

Could you also elaborate on any MODs you've installed next to the portal MOD which may cause any irregularities?
Also, could you post/PM me your board version (3.0.6?) as well as PHP + MySQL version? :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”