[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ScrapbookSupplies

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:09 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
ScrapbookSupplies wrote:Hi Hans!
I was off the computer until now, so my replies are late. Thank you for helping though. ;)
DeViAnThans3 wrote:Hey,

1) The file not found error: this is very weird.. does this happen after you log in (provided login credentials)? Does it also happen if you go to the ACP again after getting the error?
Please note that it is impossible to log in with Facebook Connect to your admin control panel. There are many reasons why, but the major one is security, obviously.
It was happening when I'd log in to the ACP, trying to use the FB Connect. If I use the regular log in button there is no problem. Phew!
DeViAnThans3 wrote:2) Avatars
Again quite some possible explanations.
  • Is data import enabled in the ACP -> facebook connect settings ?
  • Are remote avatars allowed?
  • Is PHP safe mode off?
  • Are there any restrictions on PHP functions fsockopen() or fopen() functions to remotely connect to other servers?
First check these .. :)

Also: note that Facebook permissions are taken into account. You can't see avatars from other Facebook people if you also can't see them at Facebook. There also is a difference when logged in via Facebook Connect or not.. :)
The data import and off site linking of avatars are enabled.
However, php safe mode is OFF (they wont turn it on). And my webhost said the fsockopen() or fopen() functions are enabled. Also I checked the permissions/privacy on my own personal facebook account and I am visible, so at least my avatar should show up, I think anyway.

Do you have any other thoughts on it?

Again, I appreciate help. Have a great new year!!
Hey

It is impossible to log in to the admin panel with Facebook Connect; I btw thought I made sure the Facebook Connect button was hidden when accessing the ACP login screen? I find it quite weird that it show the button with you than ..
However, you should not use the Facebook Connect button than when accessing the ACP. This won't work, and I also will never make it work, for obvious security implications. :) (Again, normally no button should show up :? )

About the avatars. Safe mode is the way it should be! (off) Seen all this, I can't think of any probable other reasons why it wouldn't show the avatars..?
Are avatars in general enabled? Haven't you disabled the viewing of avatars in your UCP forum settings? Have you logged in via Facebook Connect or normal login to the forum?.. :)

Thanks!! Happy 2010 to you too :)
I am at a loss too (on the avatars). But, I have figured out that something was out of whack with the log in because it's not on the admin log in anymore.

Back to those avatars.... Could this be related to original FB connected profiles and me changing my web API key? I have the new API code and secret added to the board, so they are now re-connected (I reset it when these problems began, trying to resolve the issue).... I guess what I am asking is if this problem could be caused from the profiles that were already associated with FB using the old codes/keys before I changed it.

I'm at a loss!
Thanks so much!!
Jeanne

PS. I have tried unlinking and relinking my account, which didn't help, but there may be more to it than that.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey Jeanne

Good to hear the admin cp thing got solved.. :)

About the avatars, could you enable (set to "yes") the "Force avatars" feature in the Facebook Connect settings?
This is another possible reason why it isn't working correctly (even though unlikely) :)

Thanks!!
~hans
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:Hey Jeanne

About the avatars, could you enable (set to "yes") the "Force avatars" feature in the Facebook Connect settings?
This is another possible reason why it isn't working correctly (even though unlikely) :)

Thanks!!
~hans
Hum? I checked this and it was set to force import. Previously I didn't have it set to force the avatars. One thing that I am seeing when I right click and look at the properties, (over the avatars that are displaying as a red x) is that it's looking for the avatar in the download file, like this:

Code: Select all

hxxp://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat/download/file.php?avatar=2_1259601349.jpg
When I go to that url on a new page it can't find it either.

Does this tell you anything?

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:53 pm

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:

Thanks!!
~hans
Hum? I checked this and it was set to force import. Previously I didn't have it set to force the avatars. One thing that I am seeing when I right click and look at the properties, (over the avatars that are displaying as a red x) is that it's looking for the avatar in the download file, like this:

hxxp://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat/download/file.php?avatar=2_1259601349.jpg

Kind of ....
it looks like your forum tries to serve an avatar, no matter how it is displayed, even if remote.. OR the user already has an avatar set which isn't in the avatar directory, could you check?..
Also, could you maybe list any MODs you have installed that could have anything to do with avatar or profile? :)

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
ScrapbookSupplies wrote:

Thanks!!
~hans

Kind of ....
it looks like your forum tries to serve an avatar, no matter how it is displayed, even if remote.. OR the user already has an avatar set which isn't in the avatar directory, could you check?..
Also, could you maybe list any MODs you have installed that could have anything to do with avatar or profile? :)
Ah ha! We are onto something or have solved the issue. I went into my profile and deleted my avatar, which subsequently made the FB avatar show up. I tried this same thing on one of our members but hers did not show up. Now I suppose I should contact her and see what her privacy settings on FB are. I bet this is it!

Do you think we'll have to have members delete their existing avatar before tying the forum account with Facebook or is this a fluke because of changing that API? Or my template? BTW, I use Envision, based on SubSilver.

Your patience working with me on this is so very much appreciated! This is by far one of our most important modifications.

Oh, and the other profile altering mod installed is the gallery by Nick @ flying-bits.org.

Again, thank you so much! :mrgreen:
Jeanne

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey Jeanne,

Indeed, check the privacy settings of this member, and also keep in mind that you need to be logged in in Facebook in some cases (like: "only show avatar to friends" would mean you should be friends on Facebook with this member, and, Facebook must know you are friends (so: you must be logged in!)) ;)

Keep in mind that, if a member has set an avatar, whether or not it exists, if one is set, it needs to be deleted. Otherwise, no Facebook avatar will ever show up :) This is just the default behaviour of the MOD: not touching any data if it is filled in already by a phpBB member ;)

Thanks!!

Kindest regards
hans

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:47 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:Hey Jeanne,

Indeed, check the privacy settings of this member, and also keep in mind that you need to be logged in in Facebook in some cases (like: "only show avatar to friends" would mean you should be friends on Facebook with this member, and, Facebook must know you are friends (so: you must be logged in!)) ;)

Keep in mind that, if a member has set an avatar, whether or not it exists, if one is set, it needs to be deleted. Otherwise, no Facebook avatar will ever show up :) This is just the default behaviour of the MOD: not touching any data if it is filled in already by a phpBB member ;)

Thanks!!

Kindest regards
hans
Okay, I get it - that makes sense. I am sure this is the problem then. I contacted that member and she is going to check her settings.

Do you think at some point this mod can be tweaked (or perhaps I could do something in my .htaccess or something) to revert the avatar to a pre-set image if the privacy settings are set where non-friends cannot see it or the member is not logged into FB? This way it would never show the red x. This is just a thought.

I can't thank you enough for your help on this mod!! ;)

knmt

Post by knmt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 am

Do you think at some point this mod can be tweaked (or perhaps I could do something in my .htaccess or something) to revert the avatar to a pre-set image if the privacy settings are set where non-friends cannot see it or the member is not logged into FB? This way it would never show the red x. This is just a thought.
Yeah I second this please ;) . DeViAnThans3 won't let us down!!! :lol:

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:04 am

@ Jeanne & knmt:
On a fresh install, this MOD won't import any avatar if no Facebook avatar is available; so there shouldn't be any kind of red X ... if there is such a red X, I can't explain why .. did you have the MOD installed already when it was still version 0.2.5(.1) or 0.3.0 ?

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:@ Jeanne & knmt:
On a fresh install, this MOD won't import any avatar if no Facebook avatar is available; so there shouldn't be any kind of red X ... if there is such a red X, I can't explain why .. did you have the MOD installed already when it was still version 0.2.5(.1) or 0.3.0 ?
I'm not sure of the version that I had already installed, it was the one right before this current one though. But, reading what you said, I am suspecting that it has something to do with a previous avatar being in place because one of our members had this problem. I deleted her avatar and she has nothing showing right now. If this is the case then her FB avatar will appear once she gets logged into FB.

I will let you know once I get it figured out.

:mrgreen:

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 pm

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:@ Jeanne & knmt:
I'm not sure of the version that I had already installed, it was the one right before this current one though. But, reading what you said, I am suspecting that it has something to do with a previous avatar being in place because one of our members had this problem. I deleted her avatar and she has nothing showing right now. If this is the case then her FB avatar will appear once she gets logged into FB.

I will let you know once I get it figured out.

:mrgreen:
Ok, great, thanks! :)

PS: the previous version was 0.3.3 ... if that was the one you had installed, there normally shouldn't any problem with avatars from a previous version .. :)

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 am

Just gave this a try on your demo site and damn! this is some cool shit :)
Nice work :mrgreen:
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 am

dashnu wrote:A question;

I assume in the ucp the invite a friend window size is controlled by facebook ? I can change the width % in the css but of course that looks funky.

A comment;

When I am in the UCP under Facebook Settings the title is screwed up.

I added

'UCP_FBCONNECT_FBSETTINGS'                                      => 'Edit Facebook settings',
to info_ucp_fbconnect.php. In one place you must call for UCP_FBCONNECT_FBSETTINGS and in another UCP_FBCONNECT_SETTINGS.
Yep, the invite window is 100% controlled by Facebook, you can though set a few variables. Check out this FB wiki page. Especially look at the "cols" parameter. :)

Thanks for noting the language problem .. I haven't seen the problem myself yet, though never really paid attention to :oops:

I also intend to look at the skip button and after-invite part, but I'm not yet sure if I actually can set these URLs, though if not, there are other ways to fix that too (http referer) I hope ;)
cherokee red wrote:Just gave this a try on your demo site and damn! this is some cool *beep* :)
Nice work :mrgreen:

Chris26237

Post by Chris26237 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 am

First, thanks for working on this great mod!! Next, I don't know if it's been brought up yet (since 82 pages is a lot to read through) but I have a couple of questions......
  • If the user clicks on any link after submitting linking/registration info and is on the "you're now logged in" message and prior to "your FB account is now linked" message, it seems the link doesn't complete. If you then click on the UCP/FB settings tab, the prosilver template is broken and there is no link info.
    --> is there any way to skip the "you're now logged in" message here so you can complete the link before the user has a chance to click away?
  • I'm not getting any data transferred from the FB account. Is this due to recent FB privacy settings upgrade?
  • I've read the recent posts about importing the avatar and have ensured the remote avatar feature is enabled, fb privacy setting is set to everyone, and ensured that phpbb size setting is greater than mod max size setting. Still no avatar.
A couple of suggestions
  • the language files need to refer to "Facebook" not "facebook". There are a couple of these there.
  • can some of the language files insert the name of the site instead of saying something like "welcome to this site"
  • I had to remove the width style attribute from the multi-friend selector as it was bleeding outside my template. I also added a "cols=4" attribute to the selector itself.
Once again, thanks much and am looking forward to the RC soon.

Dochartagh
Name: David Doherty

Post by Dochartagh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 am

I tried to test this facebook connect 0.3.4 on a new site I built with very little traffic.

Ran into this error on the SQL.

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE CONCAT_WS("-",  `config_name` ,  `config_value` ,  `is_dynamic` )
       ' at line 3 
I am on a hypermart.net server using MySQL 5.1 using PHP 5 with access to control the settings ( safe mode is OFF).

As it looks on the forum http://usatalks.org/forum the connect buttons show up but nothing happens when clicked on. have set the settings in the admin per instructions, have the API key from facebook.
any ideas on what I may have done wrong or is it a syntax error with the code with this version of MySQL?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”