[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Bogey wrote:Watching this mod until it becomes 'live-able' :D Thank you for the mod
Great ;)
Encore204 wrote:Me and my community have been testing this mod the whole morning :D
So far, everything is looking good.
We have few suggestions and guestions.

1) The facebook connect icon should be put in the header, not in the footer of the template.
Or better yet, in both the footer and the header. That would improve the visibility .
For example, in very big forums, people can't see the icon if it is put in the footer.

2)When a person receives a notification on facebook about a topic replay or a new private messages, when he or she clicks on it, it will transfer her directly to the forum login page.
It would be better (if this is possible to program, of course) if the click would open a new tab, leaving the tab with facebook untouched.

3)When we link an old user with facebook profile,is it possible to set his email so that he can also receive the notifications on facebook.
I was looking for any pattern regarding this, but unfortunately, i could not find it .
this is one of the mails that people who registered via facbook got
***@proxymail.facebook.com

We have also finished the translation to Croatian, so just pm me your email, and i will sent it to you.

This mod is great, so far no problems have been dected :mrgreen:
Looking forward to subsilver 2 template installation :D
1- Everyone is free to do this edit themselves - it will work! However, I have not implemented this myself, since I only wanted to add it next to any login form (let's face it: it is just another way to login :) ). I may provide instructions to do this in a separate MODX file in the contrib folder, if wanted?
2- I am unsure if this is possible, since Facebook heavily limits the HTML in those notifications (which is understandable), however I will look into this! It would indeed be nice if it is possible :)
3- IMPORTANT: Do NEVER publish these facebook e-mail addresses! It is against the Facebook Application rules you agreed with ;)
There simply is no pattern in those e-mail addresses. However, you can put anything in the e-mail address field, as long as it ends with @proxymail.facebook.com. The user will than NO LONGER receive e-mails (since the board doesn't send mails to these e-mail addresses thanks to the MOD), however will receive Facebook notifications if they are linked to a Facebook account. I suggest you just make up some address like username-of-the-user-here@proxymail.facebook.com .

Thanks a bunchload for your translation!! As soon as I receive it, I'll put it within the download package :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Vincent-C wrote:I have previously installed the mod following a French tutorial here - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9345815

Is it possible to integrate these mods easily?
I were unaware of the existence of this MOD/tutorial, however, since this MOD takes a slightly different approach, I am afraid these MODs are not compatible.

However, it is possible to convert them I think. You must in that case first uninstall all file edits you did for your previous Facebook MOD. Than, you should install mine .. and once mine is fully installed, all facebook_id columns should be scanned in phpbb_users, and converted over to phpbb_fbids. I may write a script for that, if you consider switching the MODs at a certain time .. however I do not recommend to use this mod yet before it has reached Release Candidate (RC) status!
stathisch wrote:Nice MOD, I'll probably install it on my forum.

But I think I spotted a bug on the test site.
I copied the e-mail to the e-mail confirm field without entering any password (in the account settings panel, ucp) and clicked Submit. Then, I *think* it set me a password, so I thought "oh it must be blank", but it isn't. It displays the "current password" box now, but I have no current password!
You do have a current password, however it is unknown. Only an admin can change it, if you want to change it .. however normally people will change their passwords anyway if they visit that page, rather than changing their email addresses!
I don't think it would be a good idea to force them to enter a new password, or would it? :) Just let me know, maybe I can find a way to get it fixed .. !

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:

I copied the e-mail to the e-mail confirm field without entering any password (in the account settings panel, ucp) and clicked Submit. Then, I *think* it set me a password, so I thought "oh it must be blank", but it isn't. It displays the "current password" box now, but I have no current password!
You do have a current password, however it is unknown. Only an admin can change it, if you want to change it .. however normally people will change their passwords anyway if they visit that page, rather than changing their email addresses!
I don't think it would be a good idea to force them to enter a new password, or would it? :) Just let me know, maybe I can find a way to get it fixed .. !
That's what I thought too... But what if the user forgets to fill in a password and clicks on submit?
Maybe the MOD should not treat the _blank_ password as a new password, because that's what's happening now.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:03 pm

stathisch wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:

That's what I thought too... But what if the user forgets to fill in a password and clicks on submit?
Maybe the MOD should not treat the _blank_ password as a new password, because that's what's happening now.
I already found a way to fix it, will implement it later this evening ;)
Thanks for highlighting the problem :D

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Cool. :)

Also, I've read the pages about setting the forum password on login using the FB connect, and I think it would be a good idea for this feature to exist, and let the Administrator choose if he/she wants to enable the feature. (If this has been already proposed then sorry, I didn't read _ALL_ pages)

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm

stathisch wrote:Cool. :)

Also, I've read the pages about setting the forum password on login using the FB connect, and I think it would be a good idea for this feature to exist, and let the Administrator choose if he/she wants to enable the feature. (If this has been already proposed then sorry, I didn't read _ALL_ pages)
It hasn't been proposed yet, no worries! :)
I will consider this :) Since some people do seem to find it useful, I may implement it! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:44 pm

You are a genius :)
DeViAnThans3 wrote: Thanks a bunchload for your translation!! As soon as I receive it, I'll put it within the download package :)
No problem, we will test it some more tonight, maybe tweak translation a little, and send it to you tomorow.

I just hope that someone will write a detailed description for using this mod on subsilver II template :)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Encore204 wrote:You are a genius :)
DeViAnThans3 wrote: Thanks a bunchload for your translation!! As soon as I receive it, I'll put it within the download package :)
No problem, we will test it some more tonight, maybe tweak translation a little, and send it to you tomorow.

I just hope that someone will write a detailed description for using this mod on subsilver II template :)[/quote

when i want to login by your test board with facebook account this error appears:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Out of range value adjusted for column 'fb_id' at row 1 [1264]

Došlo je do sql greške [problema].
Ukoliko se problem nastavi, molim(o), kontaktiraj administratora/icu.
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm

darkonia wrote:

I just hope that someone will write a detailed description for using this mod on subsilver II template :)[/quote

when i want to login by your test board with facebook account this error appears:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

According to my board, user Manu_Dark is registered normally

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:37 pm

darkonia wrote:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Please note this is not a MOD issue, more a kind of MySQL5 problem, please refer to this page. This is something only a host can change, normally, so .. I also guess that error probably occurs only from time to time, without any reason.

I could deduct from the error that the new user was created (as Encore said), however the accounts won't be linked (which causes that Darkonia will have to re-register), and no data is probably imported.. could I be right? :)

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
I could deduct from the error that the new user was created (as Encore said), however the accounts won't be linked (which causes that Darkonia will have to re-register), and no data is probably imported.. could I be right? :)
Indeed,you are right.
User was created successfully, but there is no link to his profile, nor his avatar.
Darkonia, i will delete your nick, please try again

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

ricky7622 wrote:Great work,
Just installing and came up with this error

Fatal Error: Attempt to link an already linked account.

Just posting this FYI
I just noticed your post.. this error is thrown if you are, in some way, trying to link an account which is already linked. Did you follow the standard procedure (didn't change anything in the URL or so?), while getting this error? :)

Thanks!
Encore204 wrote:
DeViAnThans3 wrote:
Indeed,you are right.
User was created successfully, but there is no link to his profile, nor his avatar.
Darkonia, i will delete your nick, please try again
Let's hope it will work now :D
*edit*: I successfully got logged in via Facebook Connect at your testforum, no problems at all :) I signed up as "DeViAnThans3" .. you could check!

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:10 pm

same error again...

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:31 pm

darkonia wrote:same error again...

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

It is weird it again occurs with your account :s

@Encore: You may want to execute the following SQL queries at the phpbb_fbids table: (if you want; obviously ;) )

REPAIR TABLE `phpbb_fbids`;
OPTIMIZE TABLE `phpbb_fbids`;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_fbids` CHANGE `fb_id` `fb_id` INT( 20 ) NOT NULL;
And see if Darkonia can than register. These SQL queries optimize the table, and make it possible to save longer Facebook ID's in the table.
@Darkonia: you did were able to register at the demo board, weren't you? :)

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:40 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote: It is weird it again occurs with your account :s
Hm,Darkonia is German, maybe his name has strange sign like ū,ȳ,ō
DeViAnThans3 wrote: @Encore: You may want to execute the following SQL queries at the phpbb_fbids table: (if you want; obviously ;) )

REPAIR TABLE `phpbb_fbids`;
OPTIMIZE TABLE `phpbb_fbids`;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_fbids` CHANGE `fb_id` `fb_id` INT( 20 ) NOT NULL;
And see if Darkonia can than register. These SQL queries optimize the table, and make it possible to save longer Facebook ID's in the table.
@Darkonia: you did were able to register at the demo board, weren't you? :)
I did the optimization, let's hope everything would be ok this time.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”