[ABD] Facebook Connect 0.3.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DeViAnThans3

Re: [BETA] Facebook Connect

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Encore204 wrote: Hm,Darkonia is German, maybe his name has strange sign like ū,ȳ,ō
The MOD only records the facebook user ID (which is numeric, like 1234567890123) .. and the problem seems to occur right there ;) While it is, in some way, possible, it is however quite improbable that it would be caused by the language ;)
Encore204 wrote: I did the optimization, let's hope everything would be ok this time.
Great, thanks a lot for helping the testing :D Seriously! :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect

zake black

Post by zake black » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
Encore204 wrote: Hm,Darkonia is German, maybe his name has strange sign like ū,ȳ,ō
The MOD only records the facebook user ID (which is numeric, like 1234567890123) .. and the problem seems to occur right there ;) While it is, in some way, possible, it is however quite improbable that it would be caused by the language ;)
Encore204 wrote: I did the optimization, let's hope everything would be ok this time.
Great, thanks a lot for helping the testing :D Seriously! :)
Small request (not for the mod but for the thread here)

is it possible to put the version number in the thread title. 2 reasons you can see at a glance if their has been an update. but the main one when reading replies you can see as to which version the reply is refering to if the title is updated each time an update is posted..

sorry not moaning just like to see what reply is to do with what version.

On the mod front. have found it to be very stable! solid in fact :)

chuckun

Post by chuckun » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I've been waiting for people to find bugs etc but since there havent been many, im gonna install this on a test board tonight and try my very best to break it :) Always the best way to find bugs ;)

I'll let you know how I get on :mrgreen:

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm

zake black wrote:

is it possible to put the version number in the thread title. 2 reasons you can see at a glance if their has been an update. but the main one when reading replies you can see as to which version the reply is refering to if the title is updated each time an update is posted..

I will do this, once a new version releases, okay? :)
I will be having shorter version numbers than, as currently 0.2.5.1 is pretty long to put in a title ;)
A next release most probably will be called like "B2" (beta 2) etc, since I'm not going to release new versions anymore for every single small fix ;) (as it takes time to write the update instructions ;)).

Is that ok with you? ;)
chuckun wrote:I've been waiting for people to find bugs etc but since there havent been many, im gonna install this on a test board tonight and try my very best to break it :) Always the best way to find bugs ;)

I'll let you know how I get on :mrgreen:
Haha, good luck :D :D I sincerely hope you will succeed in some way ;) (how weird this may sound!)

zake black

Post by zake black » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:46 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:
zake black wrote:

I will do this, once a new version releases, okay? :)
I will be having shorter version numbers than, as currently 0.2.5.1 is pretty long to put in a title ;)
A next release most probably will be called like "B2" (beta 2) etc, since I'm not going to release new versions anymore for every single small fix ;) (as it takes time to write the update instructions ;)).

Is that ok with you? ;)
LOL yea thats cool.. as i said not a complaint far from it.. love this mod.. and cant wait to get it live. but just find it helps me with tracking the progress and seeing which problems relate to which version..

8-)

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Actually, Darkonia still cant register :(
I really don't know what is happening... All other people registered without a problem, :ugeek:

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Encore204 wrote:Actually, Darkonia still cant register :(
I really don't know what is happening... All other people registered without a problem, :ugeek:
It is weird indeed :)
Could you maybe send me the content of the phpbb_fbids table via PM? Just a copy/paste or screenshot would suffice. Also, it could be useful if you can provide me with the version of the MySQL server .. I'm unsure if you can check this somewhere? Thanks!!

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm

with a second acc lali lula i alco cant register
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:36 pm

I've just found a possible other solution; however I still need the data from within the table before I can provide the possible other solution, since it needs to rebuild the table in that case :)

Encore204

Post by Encore204 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm

DeViAnThans3 wrote:I've just found a possible other solution; however I still need the data from within the table before I can provide the possible other solution, since it needs to rebuild the table in that case :)
data sent

zake black

Post by zake black » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:04 am

Hi,

I still dont seem to be importing avatar?? (i updated to the newer version also?)

cheers

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:41 am

I just used it on the demo board and it works perfectly.

Just a few questions (i'm not sure if they've been answered because I'm not about to read 11 pages to see), but:
1) What all does this MOD send to Facebook as notifications (I read that it was implemented with notifications, but didn't see what it sent) For instance, can you set it up to send you a facebook notification if you get a new PM and a link to the PM inbox from the notification?
2) Connected to the last one, seeing as phpBB shows when you're online or not in viewtopic, if you're online on facebook, does it show you also online on the phpBB board? Here's my reasoning: if you get notification of new PMs and/or new posts made to subscribed topics, and you see them in real time, it should show you as online on phpBB as well.

Of course #2 isn't critical or anything; just wondering.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this so that when it comes out I'll be able to use it on my board. Great work so far, and keep it up! :)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 am

zake black wrote:Hi,

I still dont seem to be importing avatar?? (i updated to the newer version also?)

cheers
Have you turned on (allowed) remote avatars? If not, the MOD will not import the avatars, since it needs the remote avatars to be turned on :)
imkingdavid wrote:I just used it on the demo board and it works perfectly.

Just a few questions (i'm not sure if they've been answered because I'm not about to read 11 pages to see), but:
1) What all does this MOD send to Facebook as notifications (I read that it was implemented with notifications, but didn't see what it sent) For instance, can you set it up to send you a facebook notification if you get a new PM and a link to the PM inbox from the notification?
2) Connected to the last one, seeing as phpBB shows when you're online or not in viewtopic, if you're online on facebook, does it show you also online on the phpBB board? Here's my reasoning: if you get notification of new PMs and/or new posts made to subscribed topics, and you see them in real time, it should show you as online on phpBB as well.

Of course #2 isn't critical or anything; just wondering.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this so that when it comes out I'll be able to use it on my board. Great work so far, and keep it up! :)
1) It sends notifications for everything an e-mail is sent for (except registration)! Even for e-mails which are sent by a MOD (however I suggest to write a shorter version of those mails within language/{lang}/email/fb/{same-name-as-the-long-version}.txt :))
2) No, this is not implemented. It is also not possible to implement, since the Facebook API doesn't support this yet, as far as I know. IF it would support it, and it would be implemented, it will however slow down the board quite a bit, since a lookup has to be done to facebook.com .. and per definition, this is slow. On real busy times, a page load could than take up to a 30 seconds or so .. so actually, it is definitely NOT recommended :)

zake black

Post by zake black » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 am

Yup, avatar import is on, i have tried setting different sizes also?

Cheers

zake black

Post by zake black » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:47 am

zake black wrote:Yup, avatar import is on, i have tried setting different sizes also?

Cheers
fixed,

sorry my fault i had the

Enable remote avatars:
Avatars linked to from another website.

set to no in avatar settings.

:roll:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”