[ABD] Thank 2 Unhide

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
kida7

Re: [RC] Thank 2 Unhide

Post by kida7 »

Your mod is so great. But I was found a bug: Althrough I thanked the post, when I clicked to reply topic, the post that I thanked has been hidden:
I thanked that post
But, when i click reply, the post has been hidden.
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

hi kida7 ,
it's not a bug, it's a feature (or rather a limitation) where text is always hidden in topic reviews , i intend to change that as well in my next release.
kmakoto

Post by kmakoto »

in error

install "Thank 2 Unhide" after install "karma mod"

is error
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

kmakoto wrote:in error

install "Thank 2 Unhide" after install "karma mod"

is error
what error? :roll:
WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

I am not sure what you would classify this, a bug or a major pain, but I have a member that was having serious problems with thanks. I went through banging my head for like 20 minutes trying to find the problem. Turns out that is was simply because there was an apostrophe in his name XD . Once I took the apostrophe out, the thanks worked just fine. Not like it's gonna come up a lot, but just a heads up on it.
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

WascallyWabbit wrote:I am not sure what you would classify this, a bug or a major pain, but I have a member that was having serious problems with thanks. I went through banging my head for like 20 minutes trying to find the problem. Turns out that is was simply because there was an apostrophe in his name XD . Once I took the apostrophe out, the thanks worked just fine. Not like it's gonna come up a lot, but just a heads up on it.
that's a bug , i'll include a fix for it in the next version
thanks man, i really appreciate your help :)

right now i'm re-writing the core code (again) to improve the MOD :ugeek:
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

ok guys, this is just a status update on the progress of the changes in the upcoming version:
  • The ability to disable unthanking for any forum: DONE!
  • The ability to restrict thanking only to posts which contain the [hide] bbcode: DONE!
  • The [hide] bbcode no longer parses in the following:
    • PMs: DONE!
    • User signatures: DONE!
    • Poll options: DONE!
    • Forum descriptions: DONE!
    • Forum rules: DONE!
  • Text is always unhidden in the MCP when moderating posts/topics: DONE!
  • Text is hidden/unhidden in "posting.php" based on thanking records: DONE!
as well as a number of bugfixes ..

if you guys have any ideas, suggestions or requests let me hear them, i'm gonna try to squeeze everything in this new version

i would also appreciate more bug reports
:)
Last edited by threetrees on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

Had to go and release it the night I decided to start redoing all the graphics for my site.......now I have to stop that and install your update :P .

Thanks a lot for all your hard work on it!!
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

WascallyWabbit wrote:Had to go and release it the night I decided to start redoing all the graphics for my site.......now I have to stop that and install your update :P .

Thanks a lot for all your hard work on it!!
i still haven't released it yet :)
WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

Lol....yeah I was kinda slow on the uptake on that XD .I guess that my excuse for putting off the graphics work for my site just went the way of the DoDo :P .
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

WascallyWabbit wrote:Lol....yeah I was kinda slow on the uptake on that XD .I guess that my excuse for putting off the graphics work for my site just went the way of the DoDo :P .
lol, but my MOD shouldn't conflict with any graphics, unless you're talking about changing your style template
WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

LOL......no, I just had been putting off making a lot of updates to my style......and for a brief minute I thought I could put it off again, but now I have no excuse :P .
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

i see, there is actually more editing in both styles with the new version lol
davejo90

Post by davejo90 »

Hi this looks like a great mod.

I am planning on installing it once I have uninstalled the other versions I have already on the site.

2 Requests if possible:

1. Add 2 new columns in the memberlist to view the 'Thanks' and 'Thanked' totals for each member?
2. Add the facility of when a person 'Thanks' a post it sends a reply email to the original poster the same as a normal reply would do?

Thanks for all your time and effort ;)

Regards

Dave

PS> Would I have to install the UPMod first before installing this mod or visa versa?
threetrees

Post by threetrees »

davejo90 wrote: 1. Add 2 new columns in the memberlist to view the 'Thanks' and 'Thanked' totals for each member?
ok :)
davejo90 wrote: 2. Add the facility of when a person 'Thanks' a post it sends a reply email to the original poster the same as a normal reply would do?
the users are notified with a PM when someone unthanks them, do you want the same when they are also thanked?
davejo90 wrote: PS> Would I have to install the UPMod first before installing this mod or visa versa?
it doesn't matter which one you install first, but if you wish to use the UPS Add-on, make sure they are both installed before you install it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”