[ABD] TULIP: Tiny User Locator by IP

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
lovelysummer

Re: [DEV] TULIP: Tiny User Locator by IP

Post by lovelysummer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Excuse me, Sir !

I have read all the pages, would like to confirm the first topic dowload and instruction are fine to install this mod.

dpaanlka

Post by dpaanlka » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 pm

lovelysummer wrote:Excuse me, Sir !

I have read all the pages, would like to confirm the first topic dowload and instruction are fine to install this mod.

Yes, I've been updating it each time changes have been discussed.
phpBB user and evangelist since 2005.
My boards: Info-Mac | System 7 Today

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 pm

I 've just tried in my localhost, I got the following error in the header of the viewtopic page

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 18: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 19: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 39: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 40: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
Where line 18,

include_once("{$phpbb_root_path}includes/geoip.inc");

$gi = geoip_open("{$phpbb_root_path}includes/GeoIP.dat",GEOIP_STANDARD);

:cry:

dpaanlka

Post by dpaanlka » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

lovelysummer wrote:I 've just tried in my localhost, I got the following error in the header of the viewtopic page

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 18: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 19: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 39: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_tulip.php on line 40: Undefined variable: phpbb_root_path
Where line 18,

:cry:
Try deleting all the {$phpbb_root_path} bits. I can't really tell if I'm supposed to ahve those there or not. This is my first mod, after all.

I haven't heard of anybody else with this problem, though.

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm

You can just add a global definition after function _ss() line

global $phpbb_root_path; 
I abandoned all of my mods.

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Either delete all the

{$phpbb_root_path}
or
add mtrs'

global $phpbb_root_path; 
after

global $db;
both can work fine now :)

neonshares

Post by neonshares » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 pm

can this mod place a country field below the profile in the viewtopic and in memberlist, user control panel?

If so, which files need to edited and with what code?

Thanks

eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm

this is a brilliant mod idea! :D I tried it on my heavily modified 3.0.4 test board and it works fine :)

The only problem i did find is that there are lots of members showing as 'International' and a tiny handful showing the wrong country. Would this be down to the GeoIP data and not the mod? (i'm using the latest data available)

Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 pm

eeji wrote:The only problem i did find is that there are lots of members showing as 'International' and a tiny handful showing the wrong country. Would this be down to the GeoIP data and not the mod? (i'm using the latest data available)
It is an issue with the GeoIP-data as I understand it. I've only seen one or two international ones but I've noticed some issues with providers such as AOL where the ip-address of someone posting from Germany might be registered to the US so a US flag is shown. In those cases I edit the database and replace the ip of that user with one connected to the right country.

/Marcus
Last edited by Marcus Wendel on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 pm

neonshares wrote:can this mod place a country field below the profile in the viewtopic and in memberlist, user control panel?
I show it on viewtopic below the user rank on my boards so that is not a problem, he also comments on this in the first post of the thread.

/Marcus

Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:20 pm

For "Asia/Pacific Region" (for example 117.104.169.58) it attempts to show AP.gif which does not exist.

/Marcus

dpaanlka

Post by dpaanlka » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Marcus Wendel wrote:For "Asia/Pacific Region" (for example 117.104.169.58) it attempts to show AP.gif which does not exist.

/Marcus
Hmm I did not have that yet but I see what you mean now. I guess... I'll make an Asia Pacific flag? That country code wasn't listed on the page of country codes I used. From MaxMind's website:
Please note that "EU" and "AP" codes are only used when a specific country code has not been designated (see FAQ). Blocking or re-directing by "EU" or "AP" will only affect a small portion of IP addresses. Instead, you should list the countries you want to block/re-direct individually.
As always, make sure your GeoIP.dat file is the current one (December, 2009).

neonshares

Post by neonshares » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:33 am

Can you make this mod compatible with automod and with more country flags to eliminate that unknown country error. This is one of the great auto user flag mod i'm looking for.

Thanks

Marcus Wendel

Post by Marcus Wendel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 am

dpaanlka wrote:
Marcus Wendel wrote:For "Asia/Pacific Region" (for example 117.104.169.58) it attempts to show AP.gif which does not exist.
Hmm I did not have that yet but I see what you mean now. I guess... I'll make an Asia Pacific flag? That country code wasn't listed on the page of country codes I used. From MaxMind's website:
For an easy solution perhaps you could just copy the un.gif file to a ap.gif, in both cases it is a matter of international addresses.

/Marcus

eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Marcus Wendel wrote:
eeji wrote:The only problem i did find is that there are lots of members showing as 'International' and a tiny handful showing the wrong country. Would this be down to the GeoIP data and not the mod? (i'm using the latest data available)
It is an issue with the GeoIP-data as I understand it. I've only seen one or two international ones but I've noticed some issues with providers such as AOL where the ip-address of someone posting from Germany might be registered to the US so a US flag is shown. In those cases I edit the database and replace the ip of that user with one connected to the right country.

/Marcus
cheers, thats an easy fix :) I think the biggest problem I have is the DB is an import from phpBB2 which mustn't have recorded user ips so theres lots missing

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”