[ABD] phpBB-Wiki

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
-tribe-

Re: [DEV] phpBB Wiki

Post by -tribe- »

just showing my support and interest in this, hope you can pull this one off
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

hmm any news or also abd like your other projects?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
muiketi

Post by muiketi »

any news?
BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I still want to get to this but have other projects which need attention first. If someone else wants to start this they can. I really thought I was going to be able to get to this shortly after I posted the topic.

I will post an update when I can begin work. Until then just assume it is on hold.
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[
Azrhei

Post by Azrhei »

I so totally needed this mod yesterday///
Jarode

Post by Jarode »

Need this MOD but it appears abandonned..?
My english is Developement Quality, sorry
MyrmecoFourmis.com : Fourmis
BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I have been working on my wiki site recently and have been thinking about the possibility of replacing Mediawiki's user system with phpBB3's. I want to be able to leverage phpBB3 for additions to my wiki. Of course this wouldn't be a brand new wiki software, but it would be something.

Anyone who is interested in helping with coding for such a project they should PM me. If it works out maybe the Mediawiki can be replaced part by part with new code based on phpBB3.
muiketi

Post by muiketi »

is this mod marked as abandoned?
BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

Actually I have begun some work on this.

http://www.hot-guild.com/Forum/wiki.php

Users of our wiki have always complained about site slowness and recently I have tried to speed things up as much as possible. But the conclusion I have reached is no matter how many accelerators or caches are added to the server, Mediawiki is just slow. phpBB3 pages are loading 5-10x faster on my web host. Mediawiki shows no signs of trying to revamp their software to make things faster.

I had an idea for a new system to make page loading go really fast. Wiki articles are mostly static. Why bother storing them in the database and parsing them every single time someone loads a page? I think every wiki article could be saved as a HTML page and simply included when building the article. This could also be accomplished with templates, rather than having to have a job queue to rework every page when a template changes. If you have HTML caching enabled then it would be the absolute fastest way to display content, requiring next to no overhead for an unregistered person to view your wiki.

I hope to have something for people to try out in the near future.
BondGamer

Re: [DEV] phpBB-Wiki

Post by BondGamer »

Can you believe another update?

I have created a very basic framework for the MOD. As you can see in the demo site. You can now use bbCode in articles. With this it is a very rudimentary wiki.

When I feel like there are enough features in and working, I will create a beta package. Those features include:
  • Article revision tracking
  • Recent changes page
  • Permission controls
  • Administration panel
I am not giving any type of timeline when this will be accomplished. I will work on it when I can. I am looking for help in making this MOD, see the first post for more information.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Looking good! Subscribed to this
muiketi

Post by muiketi »

is this mod marked as abd or not..
brown2318

Post by brown2318 »

Guys ... this is clearly abandoned.

The author started the thread nearly two years ago and still hasn't released it... so, forget it.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”