[ABD] Referrals FX

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
EMPaighton

Re: [RC] Referrals FX

Post by EMPaighton »

Hi, I just recently installed this mod on board version 3.0.8 on my site, and the only think that i THINK is not working properly, is the cookies and sessions. I tried testing this on my own computers, and then realized that I'm pretty sure there's an anti-code in there to prevent people from referring themselves, I'm not sure if that works by IP or what, but i any event, here's the short story.

Edited all files, uploaded included files, verified all pieces of code were correct, applied minor tweaks to placement display code for custom theme attributes (I removed "user statistics" from the user profile page, had to add it in under "website") However, I do not see it show up under that list, and whenever i view the site using my own browser, the ?r=54 (54 is my user id, double checked) as soon as i view another page, the ?r=54 disappears.

I even had a buddy with a tablet, not linked to my network in any way shape or form, view the link i gave him, then register, and after that I still had no referral point in my profile or anything. I'd really like to get this working, this is a great mod.

Please tell me if this mod is supposed to be working with a 3.0.8 board version, and if there's anyone willing to spend a short amount of time helping me figure out why this is not working, i'd greatly appreciate it.

the board directory is

http://xdreameverything.com

and my username is EMPaighton

Thanks again
Wouterjan

Post by Wouterjan »

I got the same question. Is it working on 3.08?
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

are you still working ion this?

does it work on phpbb 3.08?
what about autorefferral? can you not us IP address to block that?
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

where do you see the user's referral link?
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

bump
TrEmEnDoUsss
Name: TrEmEnDoUs TrEm

Post by TrEmEnDoUsss »

Is it working on 3.0.8?
TrEmEnDoUs
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active since posted in this topic since September 2010, and has been inactive since februari 2011. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,

The phpBB Modifications Team
Paul
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”