[ABD] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Neuropass

Re: [RC] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.1.1

Post by Neuropass » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 pm

jrolson wrote:The links in memberlist_view.html for subsilver2 are wrong.
The "U" should be "USER"

For example,

Code: Select all

<!-- IF USER_FACEBOOK --><a href="{U_FACEBOOK}">{FACEBOOK_IMG}</a>
Should be,

<!-- IF USER_FACEBOOK --><a href="{USER_FACEBOOK}">{FACEBOOK_IMG}</a>

is this true???

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi,

Yes it should be this:

<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_BEBO}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_BEBO --><a href="{USER_BEBO}">{BEBO_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_BEBO -->{USER_BEBO_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_BLOGGER}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_BLOGGER --><a href="{USER_BLOGGER}">{BLOGGER_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_BLOGGER -->{USER_BLOGGER_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_FACEBOOK}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_FACEBOOK --><a href="{USER_FACEBOOK}">{FACEBOOK_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_FACEBOOK -->{USER_FACEBOOK_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_GOODREADS}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_GOODREADS --><a href="{USER_GOODREADS}">{GOODREADS_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_GOODREADS -->{USER_GOODREADS_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_LINKEDIN}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_LINKEDIN --><a href="{USER_LINKEDIN}">{LINKEDIN_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_LINKEDIN -->{USER_LINKEDIN_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_MYSPACE}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_MYSPACE --><a href="{USER_MYSPACE}">{MYSPACE_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_MYSPACE -->{USER_MYSPACE_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_NETLOG}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_NETLOG --><a href="{USER_NETLOG}">{NETLOG_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_NETLOG -->{USER_NETLOG_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="gen" nowrap="nowrap" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}">{L_TWITTER}: </td>
	<td><!-- IF USER_TWITTER --><a href="{USER_TWITTER}">{TWITTER_IMG}</a><!-- ELSEIF USER_TWITTER -->{USER_TWITTER_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

Draconix

Post by Draconix » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm

I installed this mod using automod and everything went great and I purged and refreshed all my templates but not seeing it anywhere except in acp under mange users, filled out the info but its not in the UCP at all. I am using Phpbb 3.0.6 and using Stargate portal 1.0.4 using the x-styles theme. SGP is the site that recommended me to you so...here I am! What did I do wrong because I see no ERRORS ANYWHERE. Thanks for your time!

dr210077

Post by dr210077 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Draconix wrote:I installed this mod using automod and everything went great and I purged and refreshed all my templates but not seeing it anywhere except in acp under mange users, filled out the info but its not in the UCP at all. I am using Phpbb 3.0.6 and using Stargate portal 1.0.4 using the x-styles theme. SGP is the site that recommended me to you so...here I am! What did I do wrong because I see no ERRORS ANYWHERE. Thanks for your time!
Check to make sure the relevant style changes were made to the style you use ;)

Chino

Post by Chino » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Draconix wrote:I installed this mod using automod and everything went great and I purged and refreshed all my templates but not seeing it anywhere except in acp under mange users, filled out the info but its not in the UCP at all. I am using Phpbb 3.0.6 and using Stargate portal 1.0.4 using the x-styles theme. SGP is the site that recommended me to you so...here I am! What did I do wrong because I see no ERRORS ANYWHERE. Thanks for your time!
Yeah, sounds like my issue. If you do a preview on Prosilver, in ACP, does it work there? I assume yes.

Jaymie, is there any way to build in an option where you can give the installer the path(s) to the style(s) that you use, and have it update the files there? It could always update Prosilver, but for the other style(s) specified by the user, if it found the files it would update them as needed? I'm guessing that something like this would not be possible?

Another question... I updated my board to 3.0.6 (and to newest compatible version of Prosilver_SE), which overwrote most of the files that were updated by this mod. Now I cannot uninstall the mod in order to reinstall it. I suppose I should have uninstalled the mod (and any other mods) before upgrading? What is the best way to get things back in sync, aside from editing each file manually? Would installing the newest version of the mod fix things, or would I then end up with 2 of these mods showing up under ACP's Automod tab?

Thanks!

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 am

Hi,

Sorry I have not been around.
Regarding this its strange how you say its in the ACP and not in the UCP. When you installed this did the AutoMOD give you any errors?

Also Read the message I have wrote for Chino below.

@ Chino - I know that when updating phpBB3 its best to do it via the automatic updater and for styles its to update them manually because of all the MOD edits. There is no easy way to update the MODs in your style other than doing them manually.

Although saying that if you have updated the new style to your board, There is something on the AutoMOD (If you installed it this way) to update the prosilver changes to your prosilver based style or subsilver2 if thats the case.

It may find errors if the author of the style have done some dramatic style changes like Acid Tech styles.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

veerybird

Post by veerybird » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:17 pm

I've had this mod installed for six months now and it has worked beautifully. I recently noticed a problem, however.

Background Info:
I have a style, Glass_Red, installed. I recently installed subsilver2 to give users one style option. I've made no other changes to the site. Related or unrelated: I don't remember why my Glass_Red installation resulted in my prosilver style looking exactly like my Glass_Red, but it always has.

Problem:
If I select subsilver2 through user control panel/board preferences/my board style, of course I lose my social network buttons. However, when I switch back to either Glass_Red or prosilver, my buttons don't reappear. I still have functional links in my member profile to the social networking sites.

Yes! I have cleared all caches, refreshed all templates, and refreshed all image sets, etc.

-------------------------------------
post edit:

Aha! If I scroll over the space where the FB button should appear on a view topic body page, the blank area still functions like the button would. I'm sure that narrows down possible problems :) I'm thinking on it while I wait for a reply.
Last edited by veerybird on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 pm

useful mod

few questions..

does this mod allow you to choose /exclude which input feilds members can fill in? i just want users to have facebook, myspace and twitter..also, is there a way to add a soundcloud input box too?

im new to databses so bare with me.. on install of this mod do i have to manually input data into my msql database? if so how - i read somewhere the msql info it's done automatically on install?

any advice would be appricated

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

TangoDown wrote:useful mod

few questions..

does this mod allow you to choose /exclude which input feilds members can fill in? i just want users to have facebook, myspace and twitter..also, is there a way to add a soundcloud input box too?

im new to databses so bare with me.. on install of this mod do i have to manually input data into my msql database? if so how - i read somewhere the msql info it's done automatically on install?

any advice would be appricated
No you can choose not to install certain fields in the template, but it doest have permissions you can set per group or user. Remember no images will show up unless the user puts in a url or required info into each field.

The database input is very easy, just run the file specified in the install xml file
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi veerybird

Was the images in prosilver and glass_red showing before the subsilver2 was installed?
Double check that the imageset still has these lines in at the bottom (On both stlyes)

img_icon_contact_bebo = icon_contact_bebo.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_blogger = icon_contact_blogger.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_fb = icon_contact_fb.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_gr = icon_contact_gr.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_li = icon_contact_li.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_ms = icon_contact_ms.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_netlog = icon_contact_netlog.gif*20*20
img_icon_contact_twit = icon_contact_twit.gif*20*20
With subsilver2 you had to edit the files manually to add the Social networking buttons onto it.
(AutoMOD cannot do these changes as yet)

veerybird

Post by veerybird » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Jamie,

I checked my imageset.cfg file for prosilver and found the lines you specified. I have no separate cfg for Glass.

I installed the Glass_Red style when I was much less savvy than I am now, and I think I somehow managed to rewrite my prosilver style instead of merely installing Glass as an alternative. I have an idea of how to remedy that mis-installation without starting from scratch ;) Maybe that is my solution. In the meantime, I have this odd situation to ponder: in my user control panel, when I change my board style back and forth between prosilver and Glass_Red, both appear as Glass_Red, and neither have the buttons. As I said before, I do NOT have a cfg file for Glass_Red. I think I made a mess many months ago, and just now I'm suffering the consequences.

To answer your question, yes, the buttons showed before I installed subsilver2.

Thanks so much for your prompt and specific reply! Please advise further if you are so inclined.

Lisa

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 am

Could you please upload the images to the Glass_red imageset folder please and then refresh the imageset of the Glass_Red Style

EDIT: Hi again, I just installed Glass style on my board and I see that the icons do not show on the viewtopic page. You do however need to add the images into the imageset folder and you also need to add these lines

into the imageset.cfg in the imageset folder.
For why the images do not show on the viewtopic page I will have to ask about this on the style topic page.

veerybird

Post by veerybird » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Jaymie1989 wrote:Could you please upload the images to the Glass_red imageset folder please and then refresh the imageset of the Glass_Red Style

EDIT: Hi again, I just installed Glass style on my board and I see that the icons do not show on the viewtopic page. You do however need to add the images into the imageset folder and you also need to add these lines

into the imageset.cfg in the imageset folder.
For why the images do not show on the viewtopic page I will have to ask about this on the style topic page.
Hi Jaymie, sorry to bother you with my mess. I think I just need to go back and reinstall lots of things correctly this time. I just figured out that originally, what I had done was rewrite the prosilver cfg with Glass_Red, and then I uploaded the new buttons into the prosilver imageset folder. I was following instructions from memory rather than line by line. I've since learned NEVER to try it that way :D So, the images are "there" in prosilver's imageset folder and prosilver looks like Glass_Red. Like I said before, the images were all showing up in the Glass_Red appearanced prosilver until I installed subsilver2. I will uninstall subsilver2 after I notify the few users that I'm switching them back to the original. Then I'll do things the right way this time. Thanks again for your attention. I shouldn't be looking for a shortcut way around fixing a big mess I made. :)

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 am

Hi,

I found the issue, You need to redo the theme changes to your style then refresh your themes in the ACP.
The images do not look that good in that style.

oecherjung

Post by oecherjung » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello,

i wanna use this mod.

have someone the language german?

Is it available?

oechi
PHP 4.4.1 | MYSQL 4.0.15 | phpBB3 Version 3.0.5 | Style: Pro-Silver
Test Account: http://www.treffpunkt-boscheln.de | User: qwert | PW: qwert123

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”