[ABD] Ourtube 0.1.9

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
noob5

Re: [alpha] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by noob5 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 am

AWESOME.. everything seems to be working fine... :D

chicochaleur29

Re: [alpha] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by chicochaleur29 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:22 am

dfcowell wrote:Upgrade instructions at this point:
  • Upload the new OurTube files to your server, overwriting the old ones.
  • In the phpbb_tube_ratings table of your database, create a new autoincrement field called "rating_id" and make it the primary key.
thanks

trickoff

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by trickoff » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Looking good!
Tried uploading a flv file with a thumbnail, but the thumbnail didn't get uploaded.

Maybe adding an option for users to edit their own videos would solve some problems.

dfcowell

Post by dfcowell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:01 pm

What format was the thumbnail in? At the moment it can only use .png thumbnails, I'm looking at expanding that for the next release.

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 pm

dfcowell wrote:What format was the thumbnail in? At the moment it can only use .png thumbnails, I'm looking at expanding that for the next release.
aha, it was a .jpg

I believe that many users will not upload thumbnails with their movies, because many are too lazy to make a thumbanil for a video (especially on my site ^_^) so I think it will be good to have a strandard "no image" thumbnail for the video if the user doesn't upload an image. Is that possible?

noob5

Post by noob5 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Everything seems to work fine except adding a video from my computer.. after i click browse get the video.. upload it.. after 15 minutes a error pops up and says "General Error
template->_tpl_load(): No file specified for handle body"

any fixes?

dfcowell

Post by dfcowell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:42 pm

trickoff wrote:
dfcowell wrote:What format was the thumbnail in? At the moment it can only use .png thumbnails, I'm looking at expanding that for the next release.
aha, it was a .jpg

I believe that many users will not upload thumbnails with their movies, because many are too lazy to make a thumbanil for a video (especially on my site ^_^) so I think it will be good to have a strandard "no image" thumbnail for the video if the user doesn't upload an image. Is that possible?
Yeah, definitely. I'll probably incorporate that too for the next one if I get time.
noob5 wrote:Everything seems to work fine except adding a video from my computer.. after i click browse get the video.. upload it.. after 15 minutes a error pops up and says "General Error
template->_tpl_load(): No file specified for handle body"

any fixes?
It looks like you're experiencing an error of some kind during the video upload and when OurTube tries to display it, the template file is missing. I'm not sure how the original dev handled displaying errors, I'll check that out now. As for the root cause of the error though, how big was the video you were trying to upload?

noob5

Post by noob5 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 pm

it was just a 4 min rap video song...

could it be a missing file or missing/misplaced code?

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:52 am

Here's a recommendation:

Option For Multiple Video Parts
It's great that you can have YouTube embedding. However, it would be really nice if there was an option to add different parts to the video... since many of the videos on YouTube have multiple parts and/or there will be a limit on the size of uploaded videos.

For example, on the 'add video" page, under the "Category" field there can be a drop-down menu or something that the poster can select for the number of parts to the video... which will then add the respective fields.

Adding the multiple video parts option will allow members to have Part 2, Part 3, etc. without having to start a whole new video topic/post - and have to retype a title, description etc..

This convenience feature would make a world of difference... Especially to the person that's viewing the videos. They'll easily be able to continue without searching for the other parts.

dfcowell

Post by dfcowell » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:18 am

noob5 wrote:it was just a 4 min rap video song...

could it be a missing file or missing/misplaced code?
I doubt it, but check that the template files have been uploaded correctly.

What was the file size of the video in MB?
trickoff wrote:I believe that many users will not upload thumbnails with their movies, because many are too lazy to make a thumbanil for a video (especially on my site ^_^) so I think it will be good to have a strandard "no image" thumbnail for the video if the user doesn't upload an image. Is that possible?
Just implemented that, it will be in the next release. I'll also be providing a script to fix any broken images and change them to the no image thumbnail, so you won't have to change them all manually.

EDIT: Also implemented multiple-format thumbnail support. You can use jpg, png or gif thumbnails now.
keith10456 wrote:Here's a recommendation:

Option For Multiple Video Parts
It's great that you can have YouTube embedding. However, it would be really nice if there was an option to add different parts to the video... since many of the videos on YouTube have multiple parts and/or there will be a limit on the size of uploaded videos.

For example, on the 'add video" page, under the "Category" field there can be a drop-down menu or something that the poster can select for the number of parts to the video... which will then add the respective fields.

Adding the multiple video parts option will allow members to have Part 2, Part 3, etc. without having to start a whole new video topic/post - and have to retype a title, description etc..

This convenience feature would make a world of difference... Especially to the person that's viewing the videos. They'll easily be able to continue without searching for the other parts.
It's a great idea, and I'll definitely look into it when all the other features are in, but for uploaded videos at least, having multiple fields wouldn't work, because they would all be uploaded in the one POST operation, which would not get around the file size limit. Again, I'll look at alternatives, but this idea is low on the list at the moment.

noob5

Post by noob5 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm

7.4 mb video.flv

thats all it is...

ive checked the template and everything seems to be added...everything that comes wit the download is on the server...

thepennycup

Post by thepennycup » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Do you all have the rating and comment portion fixed?

Also is there anyone willing to write a mod to go with it
what will let users become a fan of someone so they get messages when the user posts a new video or makes a post in the forum?

I think that would be awsome!

dfcowell

Post by dfcowell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:02 am

noob5 wrote:7.4 mb video.flv

thats all it is...

ive checked the template and everything seems to be added...everything that comes wit the download is on the server...
Not sure what would be causing that, I'll have to look into it further. I'll do some testing and get back to you.
thepennycup wrote:Do you all have the rating and comment portion fixed?

Also is there anyone willing to write a mod to go with it
what will let users become a fan of someone so they get messages when the user posts a new video or makes a post in the forum?

I think that would be awsome!
I have the rating fixed, but not the comments as yet. They're lining up to go in the next version.

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:43 pm

dfcowell wrote:

thats all it is...

Not sure what would be causing that, I'll have to look into it further. I'll do some testing and get back to you.
I am getting the same error when i try to upload a file from 7mb and up. Uploaded one which was 6.8mb and no problem, so might be a server issue. Will see if there is any settings some where else that might be causing this.

noob5

Post by noob5 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:46 pm

CemetaryMan wrote:
dfcowell wrote:

thats all it is...

I am getting the same error when i try to upload a file from 7mb and up. Uploaded one which was 6.8mb and no problem, so might be a server issue. Will see if there is any settings some where else that might be causing this.
thats what i was thinking...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”