[ABD] Ourtube 0.1.9

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
noob5
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by noob5 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I have an idea.. can you write up a code so others can grab the code and embed it to their profiles or in the threads or even other websites, blogs...?

User avatar
noob5
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by noob5 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

CemetaryMan wrote:
dfcowell wrote:
noob5 wrote:7.4 mb video.flv

thats all it is...

ive checked the template and everything seems to be added...everything that comes wit the download is on the server...
Not sure what would be causing that, I'll have to look into it further. I'll do some testing and get back to you.
I am getting the same error when i try to upload a file from 7mb and up. Uploaded one which was 6.8mb and no problem, so might be a server issue. Will see if there is any settings some where else that might be causing this.
Maximum upload is 6.8 mb's.. i just tested it..

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 pm

The maximum upload issue is a server-side setting implemented by your host. Some hosts let you override it with a .htaccess file or a php.ini file in the script folder, though not all do.

thepennycup
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by thepennycup » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:53 am

Do you have to have a deticated server for people to upload?

And in your release is the rating system for videos and the comment section functional?

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:47 am

thepennycup wrote:Do you have to have a deticated server for people to upload?
No. I currently have it running on shared hosting. You will have to convert your videos to flv files before uploading though. There are many programs available to do that.
thepennycup wrote:And in your release is the rating system for videos and the comment section functional?
The rating system is, the comments system isn't. You can see the current state of the MOD on the demo board at http://forums.dfcowell.net.

User avatar
noob5
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by noob5 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 am

what about embedding? is there anyway this can be done? and is it in the future for updates?

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:11 am

Embedding - It can be done and yes, it is in the future, somewhere.

trickoff
Registered User
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:23 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by trickoff » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:20 pm

dfcowell wrote:Embedding - It can be done and yes, it is in the future, somewhere.
I wanna' help to develope this mod so that it will be finnished faster. If there is anything I can help with, please let me know, I have good experience with css, xhtml and some jquery and ajax too, which I think will be awesome to add.

Keep up the excellent work!

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Most of the development at the moment is PHP stuff, but when I find something you can help with, you'll be the first to know. ;)

By the way, the next release is almost ready, it will contain re-enabled server-side conversion, automatic thumbnail substitution (if no/an invalid thumbnail is specified) and some other small changes. I'm also hoping to get comments in if I can manage it.

CemetaryMan
Registered User
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:29 pm
Contact:

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by CemetaryMan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Is there a possibility of being able to "upload" from the server instead of your computer. Reason i ask that, is for some it is easier to ftp the files to the server than uploading to site. I do this on my gallery when I have multiple and large uploads especially the film clips.

thepennycup
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by thepennycup » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I have many mods on my site and can't risk losing data.

Can someone walk me through on how to update my Our Tube to the new version?
And so I need to set up my hosting server any different?
For the upload feature?

You can see my site to see how we added some stuff.
www.micfight.com

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:14 am

CemetaryMan wrote:Is there a possibility of being able to "upload" from the server instead of your computer. Reason i ask that, is for some it is easier to ftp the files to the server than uploading to site. I do this on my gallery when I have multiple and large uploads especially the film clips.
I find this is an option that a lot of MODs are lacking, and it irritates me no end. I'll make sure to include this in a future release.

I'm thinking something like this would be more suited to being located in the ACP, to prevent confusing users. What do you think?
thepennycup wrote:I have many mods on my site and can't risk losing data.

Can someone walk me through on how to update my Our Tube to the new version?
And so I need to set up my hosting server any different?
For the upload feature?

You can see my site to see how we added some stuff.
http://www.micfight.com
Who hosts your website, and what kind of hosting do you have? Those are the main things that will determine what you need to do to get uploads working. As far as updating to the new version, I'm releasing 0.1.6 in a few days, which will include an automatic update script. It would probably be wise to wait for that.

thepennycup
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by thepennycup » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 am

I have hostgator.

The baby package if that helps.

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by dfcowell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 am

Ok. I take it you are using the version of OurTube that Daemonic released?

If so, the upgrade process is simple.
  1. Download and extract the OurTube 0.1.5 files using the link in the first post of this thread.
  2. Upload all of the files to your webserver, overwriting any that already exist.
  3. Open phpMyAdmin and navigate to the phpbb_tube_ratings table.
  4. Under "Indexes" delete the existing PRIMARY entry.
  5. Add a field at the end of the table.
  6. Make its Field "rating_id", its type "INT", its length 8 and its extra "auto_increment". Click save.
That should work. If it doesn't, let me know.

CemetaryMan
Registered User
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:29 pm
Contact:

Re: [dev] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by CemetaryMan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 pm

dfcowell wrote:
CemetaryMan wrote:Is there a possibility of being able to "upload" from the server instead of your computer. Reason i ask that, is for some it is easier to ftp the files to the server than uploading to site. I do this on my gallery when I have multiple and large uploads especially the film clips.
I find this is an option that a lot of MODs are lacking, and it irritates me no end. I'll make sure to include this in a future release.

I'm thinking something like this would be more suited to being located in the ACP, to prevent confusing users. What do you think?
Yeah, I agree it should be in the ACP. Looking forward to seeing this get added. Because then you can easier control what size you want the users to upload but gives the admins chance to add larger files.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”