[ABD] Ourtube 0.1.9

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
woipi90

Re: [dev] Ourtube

Post by woipi90 »

dfcowell wrote:That was the next thing I was going to work on, unless you have comments code to share...
i'll send you the part i've already have....

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Much appreciated everyone for picking this up!
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Awesome work guys!
The ability to be able to just upload plain flv files and create your own thumbnail is awesome! It's what I've been longing for the whole time.
Keep up the good work! I have som ieas that I will post later today
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

I'm hoping to have a release ready by next Tuesday. Currently studying at Uni, so trying to find time to work on this where I can.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

A really nice feature would be to add tags to videos so that you can categorize/add them to groups,,,,lets say one video can have: action, tutorial, photoshop, publishing as tags.
Is that possible?
noob5

Post by noob5 »

so when u gonna have a download up?
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

Haven't had time to organize a release, I'm not familiar with MODX and I'm trying to integrate three different peoples' code, so that's holding me up a bit. I have a day or two to devote to this next weekend, so I'll have something ready by Sunday the 18th.

The current featureset for the release will be:
  • Uploading of .flv files and .png thumbnails when adding a video (ffmpeg/flvtool/mencoder not required).
  • Categories.
  • Working 5 star rating system (there was a bug with the database schema for this in the initial release).
  • Basic comments system (plain text comments only at this point).
If I have time, these are the other things I'm looking at including:
  • FAQ/Instructions page for forum users.
  • Automatic selection of category thumbnails.
  • Option in ACP to select between server-side encoding or flv/png upload. If this isn't completed, the server-side encoding will be temporarily disabled until the next release.
  • Minor cosmetic improvements.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Sweet news! :D

I'm adding some suggestions that would be great to have in a future release:

- Implent Ajax on 5 star rating system and on comments. (Ajax is the new shit you know ^_^)
- Search Ourtube function (most important one).
- Add tags to videos
- Sort videos after "title/name", "views", "latests", "ranking" and "comments"
- The uploader can add a description to the video
- Users will be able to save videos as favorites and in playlists that will show up in their UCP or members profile.
- When viewing a video there are two boxes next to it with, "related videos" and "more videos from this user"
- Add a field in members profile page containing "my videos" or "my recent videos" and a link to all the user's videos.
- The option of tagging users in videos
- Show a thumbnail of latest video with link on index.php
- EDIT: BBCode for embedding videos in posts in the forum.
- EDIT: Possibility of embedding videos on external pages / sites

Remember that theese are just suggestions, I'm still very very gratefull with the features that's in the mod now. Being able to upload plain flv files is SUPER! :D
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

Ok, I'm currently working on getting the various SQL schemas for the ratings system worked out. I need someone knowledgeable with firebird, sqlite, oracle and postgres to check my syntax for me if possible. I'm pretty sure I have it right, but I don't have a huge amount of experience with those databases, and I'd like some verification, just in case.

As far as other things go, I'm setting up a template package for subsilver2 as well.

Hopefully I'll have a demo/testing board up sometime tonight.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Sounds great. thanks :)
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

Ok. Testing it now on my new test board. If it works, I'll get it packed and up for download.
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

The mod is tested and working. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to add the comments and get them up and running, as that would have involved a complete overhaul of the install script, and I wanted to get a working version released ASAP. Hopefully I'll have comments working and the next version out in a week or two.

Anyway, here is the latest package:
OurTube 0.1.5.tar.gz

The mod homepage is located here and the demo board can be found here. Excuse the website, it will be getting an overhaul in the near future, because it has become less of a portfolio and more of a project dump. :? Feel free to play around with OurTube on the demo forum, any registered user should be able to upload files and link YouTube videos.

Todo for the next version:
  • Update to MODX 1.2.3
  • Re-enable server-side conversion of videos.
  • Get comments system up and running.
I have noticed that when editing the CSS files individually, occasionally for some reason the changes aren't applied, so if you have problems with the icon not showing up when you're using the Prosilver theme, try making the changes in the built-in phpbb editor in the ACP.

If you keep getting logged out when you visit the OurTube page, you need to set up the permissions.

That should be about it, if you have any more questions, you can either post in this thread, or post in the demo/support forum at http://forums.dfcowell.net - Posting problems in those forums would be preferred, so that this thread can be kept for development discussion and feature suggestions. It's easier to follow problems when they have their own threads. ;)
woipi90

Re: [alpha] Ourtube 0.1.5

Post by woipi90 »

thx dfcowell i copied your post in the first post.... ;)

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
chicochaleur29

Post by chicochaleur29 »

no upgrade instructions for 0.1.0 to 0.1.5?
dfcowell

Post by dfcowell »

Upgrade instructions at this point:
  • Upload the new OurTube files to your server, overwriting the old ones.
  • In the phpbb_tube_ratings table of your database, create a new autoincrement field called "rating_id" and make it the primary key.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”