[ABD] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: [ALPHA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by muggins »

I haven't installed it on the test board, yet, but I looked through the zip briefly. I didn't notice any conversion options...
Muggins
BassFace

Re: [ALPHA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by BassFace »

Hippie459MN wrote:Can we easily convert from phoogle so we dont loose any users info? I cant download the package right now so cant look at it to see.

Will be grabbing this for sure though later today. :D Thanks for all your hard work.
Yeah, what Muggins said. I haven't made a conversion script yet.
Shturmfogell

Re: [BETA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by Shturmfogell »

Thanks! Great mod! Was waiting for that!
I have few questions to ask you:

1. Why "Shmoogle"? :)

2. I will try to make of it a kind of list of places that a user visited, with connection lines, destinations and so on. Are there any tips you can tell me on that?

3. And there is a bigger problem i have here - i can not see anything in ucp.php and on http://www.apelsin.travel/shmoogle.php?mode=everyone I set global permissions for all groups i have, and i dont think i made any mistakes in installation...
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

Don't forget about the SubSilver2 folks! It looks really cool so far by the way.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Shturmfogell wrote:Thanks! Great mod! Was waiting for that!
I have few questions to ask you:

1. Why "Shmoogle"? :)

2. I will try to make of it a kind of list of places that a user visited, with connection lines, destinations and so on. Are there any tips you can tell me on that?

3. And there is a bigger problem i have here - i can not see anything in ucp.php and on http://www.apelsin.travel/shmoogle.php?mode=everyone I set global permissions for all groups i have, and i dont think i made any mistakes in installation...
1. Google was already taken. :lol:
2. You could set up your Event icons to represent each 'type' of location you want to show.
Like:
Places Visited
Destinations
Places I Want to Go

3. Did you activate the UCP modules? This is from the DIY section of the install.xml:

Code: Select all

Activate the UCP Profile Modules
1. Log in to your ACP and click on the 'System' tab.
2. In the left panel, under 'Module Management' click the 'User Control Panel' link.
3. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the 'Shmoogle Map [ucp_shmoogle]' heading,
select 'Shmoogle Map Profile', then click the 'Add Module' button.
4. Confirm this action then return to the previous page (the 'User Control Panel' Module Management page). 
5. In the 'Shmoogle Map Profile' row, click the green gear to go to 'Edit Module' page.
6. Change 'Module Type' dropdown to 'Category'. Click Submit.
7. Return to the UCP Module Management page. Click the name 'Shmoogle Map Profile'.
3. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the 'Shmoogle Map [ucp_shmoogle]' heading,
select 'Shmoogle Map Profile', then click the 'Add Module' button.
select 'My Shmoogle Map Events', then click the 'Add Module' button.
6. Click 'Enable' in all newly added Shmoogle categories and modules.
Your UCP will now have a Shmoogle Map section under the Profile tab.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Anubis_The_Jackal wrote:Don't forget about the SubSilver2 folks! It looks really cool so far by the way.
Yes, I want to do that and to create a phoogle->shmoogle conversion file. 8-)
Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

Yes, i did everything in the DIY section. i am trying to change something here in install_shmoogle_permissions.php :

// (you could instead make them global permissions by making the obvious changes below)
$auth_admin->acl_add_option(array(
    'local'        => array(),
    'global'    => array('u_view_shmoogle_users', 'u_add_shmoogle_user', 'u_view_shmoogle_events', 'u_add_shmoogle_events')
));
but still nothing
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Did you set the Group Permissions for Registered Users, etc. in the ACP? I registered on your site and it says I don't have permissions.
In Permissions->Groups' Permissions, select Registered Users and click on 'Advanced Permissions'. You should see this now (right click this image to view the whole thing)
Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

Yes, i did it for all groups! :(

Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

Maybу i have to set some permissions for folders? I remember something similar happend to me with the phoogle mod...
Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

// Add foo permissions as local permissions
// (you could instead make them global permissions by making the obvious changes below)
    'global'    => array('u_view_shmoogle_users', 'u_add_shmoogle_user', 'u_view_shmoogle_events', 'u_add_shmoogle_events')
));
What did you mean by that?
(you could instead make them global permissions by making the obvious changes below)
i tried it all around...
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Shturmfogell wrote:

// Add foo permissions as local permissions
));
What did you mean by that?
(you could instead make them global permissions by making the obvious changes below)
i tried it all around...
Oops! :oops: That comment was just part of the sample code from the phpbb wiki that explains how to add your own permissions.
Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

I have 664 by default on all folders and files. Should i change them somewhere to 777?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Shturmfogell wrote:I have 664 by default on all folders and files. Should i change them somewhere to 777?
No, that should be fine. It's a permission problem for sure, but the question is why and where? :twisted:
Also, it seems that the js from the main map is messing up the UCP map. Got some more work to do and release a new version of the BETA. sigh :roll:
Shturmfogell

Post by Shturmfogell »

Could it be that I still have the phoogle mod on?
Or maybe there is a way to set those perms by hand? :roll:
Last edited by Shturmfogell on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”