[ABD] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
stanislav-zz

Re: [BETA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by stanislav-zz »

BassFace wrote:
stanislav-zz wrote:
BassFace wrote:
stanislav-zz wrote:Thanks o lot! Will wait for the update.
For update markers - how can i delete old markers?
And can i use only map in simple htlm page?
All marker management can be done through the ACP modules installed with the MOD. The actual images can be added/deleted through ftp.
I would suggest you check out the Google Maps API for using maps in normal HTML (non-phpBB3) pages as the Shmoogle MOD uses phpBB3 native functions and user data. But you can use the API key you got for use with the Shmoogle mod for any maps you use in the same domain.
I mean a link to google map with shmoogle markers without menu, only to show...
I guess I'm not understanding what it is you want to accomplish. You can write code to do just about anything I suppose. :shock:
I mean the opportunity of output (settings for output) on the other page of web site (html, php) with the link of the map without chart (or with, but shorter), but with markers and description, for example (it was made in Goggle) - http://www.phpbbguru.net/team
it is possible?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

stanislav-zz wrote:I mean the opportunity of output (settings for output) on the other page of web site (html, php) with the link of the map without chart (or with, but shorter), but with markers and description, for example (it was made in Goggle) - http://www.phpbbguru.net/team
it is possible?
I don't see why not, but it would take a bit of coding.
stanislav-zz

Post by stanislav-zz »

BassFace wrote:
stanislav-zz wrote:I mean the opportunity of output (settings for output) on the other page of web site (html, php) with the link of the map without chart (or with, but shorter), but with markers and description, for example (it was made in Goggle) - http://www.phpbbguru.net/team
it is possible?
I don't see why not, but it would take a bit of coding.
it's like a good option... for example, on my site i have a lot of 'hot rod' (cars) services and want to show them on map / on special page of the site
mknobbe

Post by mknobbe »

Most excellent..thank you.
BassFace wrote:
mknobbe wrote:That's a very good point.
Do people out there have a favorite place for finding/generating custom icons?
dkdkdkdk wrote:mknobbe:

you can see each users avatar when you click on the marker.

How big do you thing the avatars should be, if they will be on map instead of markers?
Small avatars wouldn´t be recognizable and big avatars will cover each other when the users will be too close. I think markers are better.
I made a tutorial a long time ago about how to make your own markers. Hope it helps. :D
http://www.shmoogle.bassface3d.com/map_marker_tut.html
achim1000

Post by achim1000 »

Thank You very much for this great Mod, I have integrated it into my life Forum (3.0.6). :D

Since I am experiencing the same problems as described here, I did not activate the Events section.

I'm badly missing the Code for Subsilver2..... ;)

Thanks again
Achim
cisco007
Translator

Post by cisco007 »

BassFace wrote:
These are php 'notices' more than errors and are caused by simple things like using a variable that doesn't exists. It is a non-fatal error. More info here: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-1426-no ... ined-index
The 'Cannot modify header information' error is caused by the output of the error messages themselves.
so does that mean, i have to turn off debug for the errors not to show? the errors are coming from the ucp_shmoogle.php file, so it can't be that i am using a non existent variable! I have already checked the edit about twenty times!
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

cisco007 wrote:
BassFace wrote:
These are php 'notices' more than errors and are caused by simple things like using a variable that doesn't exists. It is a non-fatal error. More info here: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-1426-no ... ined-index
The 'Cannot modify header information' error is caused by the output of the error messages themselves.
so does that mean, i have to turn off debug for the errors not to show? the errors are coming from the ucp_shmoogle.php file, so it can't be that i am using a non existent variable! I have already checked the edit about twenty times!
Correct - turn debug off. You wouldn't want debug running on a live site anyway would you? The "errors" have nothing to do with your edits -which are probably perfect.
stanislav-zz

Post by stanislav-zz »

BassFace any news of updating? (rock smile)
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Thanks for this great mod! Hope to see it finnished soon =)

Is it possible to integrate this mod with alightner's Calendar mod? So that when you create an event in the calendar you can link the directions of the event to the Shmoogle Map, or vise versa!
That would be super sweet! :D
devilside

Post by devilside »

I remember it was phoogle before nice too see that mod is awesome! :o

WORS PERFECT with my board!
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

devilside wrote:I remember it was phoogle before nice too see that mod is awesome! :o

WORS PERFECT with my board!
Sweet! 8-)
devilside

Post by devilside »

Oooh! still not woking with lithium style.:O

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... it=lithium

but's not your bad i think hmm... cant figure out. :ugeek:
but's working with prosilver!
Patexocet

Post by Patexocet »

I will install the Beta 0.02 on my forum 3.06 today, hoping not to much problem, will be back for the feedback :D
Sorry for my poor english, I am from Belgium and I speak french

Pat
Patexocet

Post by Patexocet »

I am on the way.

My phpb table use the name phpbb3_xxxx

I suppose I have to modify the sql code "phpbb_shmoogle_config" TO "phpbb3_shmoogle_config", etc.

No problem with 'install_shmoogle_permissions.php ?

Thank you for your work.

Pat

Pat
Patexocet

Post by Patexocet »

Everyting was installed now.

But I have no access, to the User pannel Shmoogle tab AND to the Shmoogle map via the icon link.

I run the http://www.myforum.com/install/install_ ... ssions.php received the message "You have successfully added Shmoogle permission options to your database."

Message "You are not authorised to access this area."

I bet is a problem of permission but how to set them correctly ? Maybe because of my table name phpbb3 in case of phpbb ?

Thank you for your help.

Pat

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”