[ABD] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Rebell

Re: [ALPHA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by Rebell »

A verni nice mod !

Like it :D
OLDSKOOLDEMOMAKER FORUMS : http://kickme.to/osdm
make demos like in the good old days on amiga or c64 without programming knowledge !
karot

Post by karot »

sorry ask it....

when u will put download ?
sedxbor.com
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

karot wrote:sorry ask it....

when u will put download ?
Well, there's still quite a bit to do:
  • I have to get the UCP 'Add/Edit/Delete Events' page working.
    Then I need to get the ACP pages working better than they do now, plus add a new ACP page so Admin can approve user submitted events.
    Then I need to build the install.xml file.
    Then I'd like to have a few people who can test the install on a clean install of phpBB3 (please PM me if you can)
Then I can offer a download and switch the MOD to [BETA]. 8-)
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

I'll offer a test site, thanks!
Muggins
karot

Post by karot »

BassFace wrote: Well, there's still quite a bit to do:
  • I have to get the UCP 'Add/Edit/Delete Events' page working.
    Then I need to get the ACP pages working better than they do now, plus add a new ACP page so Admin can approve user submitted events.
    Then I need to build the install.xml file.
    Then I'd like to have a few people who can test the install on a clean install of phpBB3 (please PM me if you can)
Then I can offer a download and switch the MOD to [BETA]. 8-)
wow... ^^

nice mod and ty to reply me
sedxbor.com
karot

Post by karot »

I'll offer too ^^
sedxbor.com
Jume

Post by Jume »

It's good you have the mod back BassFace.

Will it be possible to update from the phoogle mod to this mod?

My ultimate dream: I'm using the alightner calendar and it would be so cool if there would be some kind of integration between the two mods: if you post an event in the calendar you can choose an event location that has been posted in the Shmoogle maps before (using a drop-down box for example). In the calendar post, you would then see a link to the location on the map (or even better: a mini map, which can be enlarged; sort of like the mini map which can be generated with the google friend connect modules).

If you could do that, I would bow to you like forever :lol:
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

Jume wrote:It's good you have the mod back BassFace.

Will it be possible to update from the phoogle mod to this mod?

My ultimate dream: I'm using the alightner calendar and it would be so cool if there would be some kind of integration between the two mods: if you post an event in the calendar you can choose an event location that has been posted in the Shmoogle maps before (using a drop-down box for example). In the calendar post, you would then see a link to the location on the map (or even better: a mini map, which can be enlarged; sort of like the mini map which can be generated with the google friend connect modules).

that would be my dream too.... ;)

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
wintstar

Post by wintstar »

I wish that me alightner calendar events do shmoogle , your mod is great, fantastic :D

I hope download on beta

Greetings
Stephan
Regards wintstar

There are people who say I have no idea what I'm writing about, and I don't understand anything. Let them write, because they look in the mirror and write about their own selves.
My board - My atelier - Css Hash Tool - Memories of phpBB 3.0.14
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Jume wrote:It's good you have the mod back BassFace.
Thank you. I should have never handed it off in the first place. :ugeek:
Jume wrote:Will it be possible to update from the phoogle mod to this mod?
Yes, I plan on making that possible, but probably only from the latest version of Phoogle that I was responsible for.
Jume wrote:My ultimate dream: I'm using the alightner calendar and it would be so cool if there would be some kind of integration between the two mods: if you post an event in the calendar you can choose an event location that has been posted in the Shmoogle maps before (using a drop-down box for example). In the calendar post, you would then see a link to the location on the map (or even better: a mini map, which can be enlarged; sort of like the mini map which can be generated with the google friend connect modules).

Well, I need to get the stand-alone Shmoogle MOD working first! :lol: But, AFTER Shmoogle is complete, if there are enough requests for a certain 'extension' to the MOD I may be persuaded to give it a try (a subtle hint, donations can be very persuasive, too ;) ).
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

Please please please provide an upgrade path from the current phoogle version. I would hate to go back and have to ask all my already phoogle mapped users to re-map themselfs.

Thanks.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

faqbch99 wrote:Please please please provide an upgrade path from the current phoogle version. I would hate to go back and have to ask all my already phoogle mapped users to re-map themselfs.

Thanks.
I think it'll happen. It's just database stuff. :geek: All the file and folder names are different, so in theory you should be able to run Phoogle and Shmoogle at the same time, lol!
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Just a quick update.
Got the UCP Modules working 100%.
Event Map Title is customizable in ACP.
After submitting a new event User is alerted that an Admin will need to approve the event before it will show on the map. And Admins are sent an email saying an event needs approval.
Added text coloring for sidebar and "Pick a Map" selection drop-down box based on user's phpbb "Default Group".
"I think" I fixed the issues (left over from Phoogle) where some board's ADMINISTRATORS and GLOBAL_MODERATORS group_id was not the default 5 and 4 respectively. This caused "Special Markers" to not work without editing the php files.
Getting rid of all Pagination, as Marker Clustering allows all markers to show on the same map without effecting load times.

Illustration: This map has 55 map points set; 49 users and 6 events,
load time = 1.61 sec.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

WOW! You've really done an amazing job!
The new Shmoogle looks so fresh and functional. Longing to see the final varesion and also an integartion of Alighnter Calendar MOD like said in some previous posts.

Keep up the good work!
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Just to help deflate that last bubble... :mrgreen:

When you 'pick a map' after having chosen a view type, (as in Terrain, Satellite, etc.), the new map choice doesn't remember the previous map type setting.

As well, when viewing a member's location, then clicking on the 'close bubble' button, the map resets.

I hope that helps! :)

Edit: Maybe to add a choice of window size for the map display would help, too? My screen is 1600x1200 and the map is a tiny little thing.

(Sorry, I'm like a crabby bus driver: You know where you're going, but I won't shut up...) :lol:
Muggins

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”