[ABD] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BassFace

Re: [ALPHA] Shmoogle Maps MOD

Post by BassFace »

muggins wrote:Just to help deflate that last bubble... :mrgreen:

When you 'pick a map' after having chosen a view type, (as in Terrain, Satellite, etc.), the new map choice doesn't remember the previous map type setting.

As well, when viewing a member's location, then clicking on the 'close bubble' button, the map resets.

I hope that helps! :)

Edit: Maybe to add a choice of window size for the map display would help, too? My screen is 1600x1200 and the map is a tiny little thing.

(Sorry, I'm like a crabby bus driver: You know where you're going, but I won't shut up...) :lol:
LOL! Thanks! :roll:
With map type, you mean the Satellite/Hybrid/Terrain choices? I'll see if I can get that setting to be passed along to the next Map.
The 'map reset on bubble close' thing is intentional, because when the map bubble expands it moves the map to make room for the bubble, sometimes moving it so far the user's marker you just clicked is not even on the map anymore. :lol:

I'll have to think about map size - what do you all think? Should we leave that up to the admin, so he/she can control the appearance of the map? OR Let the user set their own map size. Discuss... :D

P.S. Just added KML support, too.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

I think the user should have the setting, (with administrative limits, of course, so you don't break the layout). The size of the request won't be much different either way, would it?
P.S. Just added KML support, too.

Muggins
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

I see you got the little yellow line issue fixed. :D No more 20 lines all over the place.

I cant wait to update to this. It looks amazing!!! Great work. :)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Hippie459MN wrote:I see you got the little yellow line issue fixed. :D No more 20 lines all over the place.
Yeah, that was weird. All I did was change what mouse event 'triggered' the lines to be removed - must have been some conflict with the mouse event.
Hippie459MN wrote:I cant wait to update to this. It looks amazing!!! Great work. :)
Thanks! I appreciate it. If you install it (when it's finally done) and your users like it, feel free to make a donation on the Shmoogle site! ;)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

muggins wrote:I think the user should have the setting, (with administrative limits, of course, so you don't break the layout). The size of the request won't be much different either way, would it?
Hey muggins - I got that working. 8-) Check the demo site UCP Shmoogle page. I'll leave out the admin limits, if the user wants to look at a screwed up page, who are we to tell them otherwise? :lol:

Also got current map type to transfer over from map to map. Now I wonder if I could transfer over the current map position and zoom level, too. That would make the switch from map to map more seamless and user-friendly.

Thanks for your excellent ideas! I think they make the map easier to use, which is always good!
muggins

Post by muggins »

That is what I live for, sir. :D

It's getting a lot better! I wonder if you need to redraw the entire page on an update to the settings, or just the map pane?

The UCP changes are good, but I have a question about the {SHMOOGLE_STATUS} column on the "Add Event" tab. My event is red x-ed, and nothing I can edit will change it. Is that still admin-only?

I really want folks to come over for crawfish... :mrgreen:
Muggins
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

muggins wrote:I wonder if you need to redraw the entire page on an update to the settings, or just the map pane?

What do you mean?
muggins wrote:The UCP changes are good, but I have a question about the {SHMOOGLE_STATUS} column on the "Add Event" tab.
Oops. {SHMOOGLE_STATUS} was a misnamed language variable. Fixed it. :) That column should say 'Approved' and shows you which of your events have been approved by the admin to show on the map.
muggins wrote:My event is red x-ed, and nothing I can edit will change it. Is that still admin-only?
Exactly that. The admin gets an email (below) that notifies them to approve it.

Code: Select all

Hello BassFace,

"DemoUser" has added an event to your Shmoogle map on "Shmoogle Demo" that
requires your approval.

Please go to your ACP->.MODS->Shmoogle Event Settings to approve this
event. It will not be shown on the map until approved.
-- Thanks, BassFace 
muggins wrote:I really want folks to come over for crawfish... :mrgreen:
Sounds yummy! :)
muggins

Post by muggins »

BassFace wrote:
muggins wrote:I wonder if you need to redraw the entire page on an update to the settings, or just the map pane?

What do you mean?
The entire form:

<form id="shmoogle_map" action="./shmoogle.php?mode=events" method="post">
is redrawn when I choose a map type, for instance, instead of the map display within the form.

I expect that will change when you find out how to have the map changes follow the position and zoom, etc.
Muggins
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

muggins wrote: The entire form:

<form id="shmoogle_map" action="./shmoogle.php?mode=events" method="post">
is redrawn when I choose a map type, for instance, instead of the map display within the form.

I expect that will change when you find out how to have the map changes follow the position and zoom, etc.
Ahhh, no, unfortunately. The whole page needs to reload when you 'Pick a Map'. The different Maps each have their own sql queries and result sets, and the phpbb template draws different things based on which map you pick.
muggins

Post by muggins »

Gotcha. Thanks. :)

Let me know!
Muggins
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Man I love the Google Maps API. They make some things sooo easy. Got the map center and zoom level to persist when changing maps when you 'Pick a Map'.

Also, check out the 'More' button.

Also, right click the map somewhere in the country where you live.
muggins

Post by muggins »

Now it's getting crazy! I love it! (Where's my weather radar?) :lol:

We'll be able to limit or specify the overlay sets, I imagine?

Edit: Here are links to the posts on this board containing the links I found concerning weather overlays:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10147545
Muggins
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

muggins wrote:Now it's getting crazy! I love it! (Where's my weather radar?) :lol:
Well, I am having no luck finding any kml files or anything weather related, even in those links below, that work in google maps - they are all for Google Earth it seems, and I tried a few of them and nothing showed up.
muggins wrote:We'll be able to limit or specify the overlay sets, I imagine?
The Traffic and More buttons are a package deal - part of one of the extensions called extmaptypecontrol.js. But you can turn that on or off in the ACP.
Last edited by BassFace on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muggins

Post by muggins »

I would swear I found at least one that uses the Maps API... I'll search and research, again. :(
Muggins
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

ok i see, shmoogle map is a lot better than your phoogle maps mod, but on a very big forum with 1500+ members who are made there entrys in phoogle, how can i import this entrys in shmoogle when i install it?

i cant say to all the people to made their entrys again, so i ask.
pls make an option for your phoogle mod fans, that we can import the entrys to the new map.
like an acp function or something else???

thx
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”