[ABD] Dicemod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alicia86
Name: Alicia

Re: [BETA] Dicemod

Post by alicia86 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:14 pm

gonzoron wrote:Trying to install this. First time installing a mod this big, and something went wrong. I think I followed the instructions correctly, and most of it took. I can set the permissions, I can set the text/img mode, I can change the .MOD settings in ACP.

I just can't roll dice.

The bbcode just stays there. (http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum3/v ... 1&p=138214 for example).

I've got the phpbb_dice table in phpmyadmin, but it has 0 rows, which doesn't change when I post. So the problem seems to be in the bbcode parsing, not the display end. I've got both [dice] and [dice=] bbcode added as instructed, and the numbers in include/constants.php are right.

What could be wrong?
Did you make sure you set the permissions in that forum? There's two sets of permissions: one for users and one for each individual forum. You have to manually go in and manage the forum permission on.

gonzoron

Post by gonzoron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 pm

alicia86 wrote:Did you make sure you set the permissions in that forum? There's two sets of permissions: one for users and one for each individual forum. You have to manually go in and manage the forum permission on.
Can you direct me to where I set that? I've set the only permission I was able to find as follows:

ACP->Forums tab->Forum permissions
Select the forum(s), submit
Then select the groups, edit permissions
then under advanced permissions, for each group select "Can Roll Dice"

If I go to
ACP->Permissions Tab->Forum permissions,
ACP->Permissions Tab->Groups' Forum permissions,
ACP->Users and Groups Tab->Groups' Forum permissions,

all of these give me the same thing eventually.

What am I missing?

alicia86

Post by alicia86 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

ACP > Forums > manage forums >
Go to the forum you want the dice enabled on.
Edit forum (green gear)
Under "general forum settings" near the bottom is where you set the forum permissions. You can set it so only users with permissions can roll in that forum (useful if you only want certain groups to roll) or allow everyone to.

This has to be set in each forum you want to have dice rolls in. A rather annoying and to me unnecessary feature but there it is.

gonzoron

Post by gonzoron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm

alicia86 wrote:ACP > Forums > manage forums >
Go to the forum you want the dice enabled on.
Edit forum (green gear)
Under "general forum settings" near the bottom is where you set the forum permissions.
Bingo! That was it. I wasn't seeing that setting because I had to purge my cache. Now it's working. thanks a million, alicia86 and MalkContent, or should I say, 10000d100? :)

alicia86

Post by alicia86 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 pm

NP.
On another note.
Has anyone else noticed that users are no longer blocked from editing the dice rolls?
I've been having reports where all you have to do is replace the 0 in the edited roll even when not removable and it will allow for re-rolls or dice change (ie, going from 1d20 to 1d6).

Major issue IMO since it never did this in earlier versions.

Edit: I tested this on a dummy account I reserve for permission testing and found that this seems to only be the case for Mods/Admins. Normal users are still restricted from editing.
I don't recall ever being able to just edit the roll without making it removable first. Bug?

Da Morte

Post by Da Morte » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 pm

I have installed manually the Dicemod and everything works perfectly except for the mod configuration. When I access it, instead of showing up the configuration, it shows this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 217: scandir(./../images/mods/dicemod/) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 217: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 219: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)

Could someone help me to solve it?

h#ð©'öÆo=Û
Name: Andrea Grossi

Re: [ALPHA] Dicemod

Post by h#ð©'öÆo=Û » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 pm

The Lost Forum wrote:EDIT: OK problem solved: I had simply missed to upload the updated constant.php file after having updated the BBcode ID
Hello there!! I've got the same issue: I cannot display the *.PNG dice pictures.
I've checked the constant.php file and it is updated:

Code: Select all

define('DICE_BBCODE_ID', 13);
define('DICE_ACTION_BBCODE_ID', 14);
Is there somewhere else I should check?

Thank you for the attention!

:-)

I NEARLY FORGOT!!!
My infinite gratitude to MalkContent for this MOD!!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

gonzoron

Post by gonzoron » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:41 am

Has anyone seen this happen or know how to avoid it?

User A rolled a die, but it displays as "user B rolled a 20 sided die", even though it's clearly in user A's post. When I look in the database in phpmyadmin, I see multiple die rolls for the post, with different user id's:

id	post_id	dice_roll	numsides	numdice	totalroll	can_remove	roll_id	user_id
	14	138394	2		20		1		2		0			1		785
	15	138394	17		20		1		17		0			0		1760
	16	138394	8		20		1		8		0			1		1760
???how'd that happen?

shaykana

Post by shaykana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Is is somehow possible to add special 6-sided dice along with regular 6-sided dice? (In other words, two different types of d6 at the same time) Example, a game uses 6-side dice with numbers 1-6 for movement, and special 6-side dice with special symbols on each side for combat.

superj707

Post by superj707 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 am

I like this.

brentil

Post by brentil » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:44 pm

shaykana wrote:Is is somehow possible to add special 6-sided dice along with regular 6-sided dice? (In other words, two different types of d6 at the same time) Example, a game uses 6-side dice with numbers 1-6 for movement, and special 6-side dice with special symbols on each side for combat.
You can only have 1 dice of a # of sides per dice set. You would have to make it some sort of other dice type like 7 sided and then just leave a side empty or marked as "roll again" or something like that.

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi
since the semester is semi-over and I got a little free time again, I'll do some work to the mod again, I think :)
features I am working on are:
  • math functions applying to the rolls (i.e. 1d20+10; will be able to support more complex stuff like ((((1d20+10)*1.6)^2)root3)/0.5 so it will virtually support any modifiers that occur in the rpgs i know so far
  • roll crafting for dungeon masters - enables dungeonmasters to let monsters kill the players they hate and spare the players they love :)
  • I am thinking about implenting reroll events that i.e. roll another d10 for every d10 that showed a 10, but perhaps I'll postpone that one because it'd at lest need one more collumn in the database table
  • some reworking of the code to make it smoother :)
Any feature suggestions are welcome.

I hope I didnt upset anyone too much with my radiosilence ^^
I just get only little free time during the year in which i actually can relax, because there is not college stuff I could do . And when such a time occurs I don't always think "hey, lets get back to the dice mod", sometimes I rather build larp swords or go on festivals n stuff ^^
Nevertheless, it's just time for the bi-yearly update :D

on another note: i noticed limdor picked up the mod a little while i was gone - thanks man :)

alicia86

Post by alicia86 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:41 pm

MalkContent wrote:Hi
since the semester is semi-over and I got a little free time again, I'll do some work to the mod again, I think :)
features I am working on are:
  • math functions applying to the rolls (i.e. 1d20+10; will be able to support more complex stuff like ((((1d20+10)*1.6)^2)root3)/0.5 so it will virtually support any modifiers that occur in the rpgs i know so far
  • roll crafting for dungeon masters - enables dungeonmasters to let monsters kill the players they hate and spare the players they love :)
)
That's a feature I've been waiting for for awhile now. Can't wait to see it implemented.

Another I was hoping for was a notifier in the Moderator Log for when the "Make Removable" link is clicked and where. I had also noticed Moderators (and in effect Admins) can skip having to click this and just re-roll so these instances would need to be recorded as well.

Thanks! Hope your schooling went well

thom_raindog

Post by thom_raindog » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 am

When installing dicemod and setting the permissions:
Do I really have to allow dice per forum? I tried to just add it to a role but there is no such option when editing a role.

Even with the dice allowed for my user, it does not work, no dicerolling happening. I MIGHT have done something wrong while copying all the code, it was way late at night after all ;)

thom_raindog

Post by thom_raindog » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 am

Is that right?
The instructions tell me to find

$template->assign_vars(array(
in includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php. I find it a whole of three times. Which one is the "right" one now?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”