[ABD] Dicemod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
LittleTiger
Name: Sandra

Re: [BETA] Dicemod

Post by LittleTiger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello MalkContent,

I just downloaded and installed 0.8.8b on a test board using Automod (success) and followed the manual instructions for adding the bbcode etc.

This is what I got after testing a dice roll:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 24: include(./dicemod/dice_functions_posting.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 24: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './dicemod/dice_functions_posting.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/php5/pear')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function encodediceBBCode() in C:\wamp\www\shadowtest\phpBB3\posting.php(1156) : regexp code on line 1
And then this in ACP when I clicked the .MODs tab:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 212: scandir(./../dicemod/skins/) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 212: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 0): No error
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_dicemod.php on line 214: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 pm

did you copy the contents of the mods root dir?
cause apperently phpbb can't find the files..
and at least regarding the first error I'm extra sure that the line that tries to include the file is 100% well written.

LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm

I will try manually copying the files...

EDIT: Okay, looks like Automod did not copy the files in the Dicemod directory, everything else was present.

All is now working!! AND AWESOME!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 am

Still getting the [dice]4d6[/dice] text instead of an actual dice roll when I post (with the 0.8.8b). Tried it with and without extra text, bbcode/smilies (no errors anywhere), but no dice rolls appear no matter what. I've checked the group and forum permissions and both allow dice, and the bbcodes are installed (and constants.php has the correct bbcode values as well).

I've tried using images and text, neither is actually rolling a dice. I also tried using w instead of d, still no luck.

Edit: Figured it out for anyone else having this issue, functions_posting.php had repeat functions for several of the dice functions.

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 am

vipaka wrote:Edit: Figured it out for anyone else having this issue, functions_posting.php had repeat functions for several of the dice functions.
Well at least that's not really my fault :D
Did you use automod to install and update the mod? Because if so, please tell me in detail what exactly you did to install and update the versions because if automod caused the redundancies in earlier versions, there might be an inconsistency I'd wish to know about.

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 pm

I installed it manually (no automod). I think the duplicate function was a leftover from a previous install of this mod, since I've had this mod installed since version 0.8.4, then I installed 0.8.4b, and then 0.8.8b on top of that.

It works wonderfully now though. :) Great mod.

LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Malkcontent,

Just wanted to let you know that I, once again, encountered issues with Automod installing everything.

I installed to my live board today and found that Automod did not put the includes/dicemod/skins directory in place (which also happened on my test board) and completely missed the actual root/dicemod directory structure.

I had thought to avoid this issue by uploading the unzipped mod to the store/mods directory... (verified that all files were present).

Not sure if this is an Automod problem or something with your install modx.

Anyway, all is working and I love this mod!!! Thank you very much for your hard work on this!

EDIT: One question - how can I make it so users can select which Dice skin to use? I cannot find anything in UCP. Currently, whichever one I select as top of the list in ACP/Dicemod is the one that is displayed.

EDIT2: It was a SINGLE edit issue. The edit for prosilver/styles/template/ucp_prefs_view.html was missing. I added and now it works perfectly!

Automod has issues apparently! 8-)

surfer247
Name: Todd

Post by surfer247 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Woo! I'm glad to see this is still around! Thanks for picking up my slack! Let me know if you want me to do anything or if you've got it from here! If you don't have one already, I can provide a test board?
Come visit me at Toddred.com!

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi Surfer :) long time no see
There are no more bugreports coming, so I can just assume that the mod is in a very operable condition for a change :D
I don't feel compelled to add more features.
Things to do are:
  • improve the math parser so you don't need columns for every single operation
  • make the mod 100% automod compatible
  • create a modx installation so people don't have to do the manual changes anymore
  • find and remove/replace more obsolete code
The only feature that is still on the list is creating a method that allows to combine a number of different die types in one roll. such as 3d6+1d20+4. But as I said, right now I don't feel compelled to create that.

If you are bored, knock yourself out ^^ I'll update it.

I myself am occupied with other stuff. It will once again take a considerable amount of time till I touch this mod again, save urgent bug fixing.

As for the test board: that would be nice, of course. But I don't think it's necessary. The "target group" of this mod is rather limited and those who are searching for this mod will just jump on it :D

LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm

MalkContent:

Just a quick update. I discovered the reason why the main Dicemod directory was not present... Automod copied and created "root/dicemod" :o

Still working flawlessly! Love this mod!

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 pm

thanks for the hint. I screwed up the copy commands to the dicemod folder.
the dice icons went to root/dicemod and the phps went to includes/dicemod.
I reuploaded the package with corrected installation instructions for both update and fresh installation.

that's what happens when you do the most boring part of the mod by hand. I really gotta do the next install instruactions with a generator.

gromo

Post by gromo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 am

Hi I just discovered this mod and tried installing it. I believe that I followed the instructions properly, however when I tried to go to my forum i get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL in ......./forum/posting.php on line 1214

Any ideas how to fix?

gromo

Post by gromo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 am

Never mind, I re-uploaded a new copy of that file and redid the install changes on it, it works fine now as far as I can tell.

Cool mod :)

KaruiKage

Post by KaruiKage » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

First off, I love this mod. I've been using it for forum games of board games on my own forums for some time now. For games with images on dice, I've uploaded custom images to the mod folder and had the players change which image was used in their UCP. This has worked fine, up till now.

I want to run a new game that has come out (Descent 2E), but that game has a lot of different kinds of dice with different faces. Is it at all possible to make a BBcode using this mod that automatically shows a specific imageset? For example, could I make a [diceD2Red] bbcode that specifically used the images I had for "D2Red"? Similarly, for [diceD2Yellow] to use the Yellow images?

This would make it easier for all of the games actually, as I could then make specific bbcode to use a certain imageset instead of having the players change their UCP every time.

mugginns

Post by mugginns » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Please ignore, I fixed it :)
Last edited by mugginns on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”