[ABD] Dicemod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
LittleTiger
Name: Sandra

Re: [BETA] Dicemod

Post by LittleTiger »

mugginns wrote:I've installed the mod and it is great... however when I go to select my Display Dice in the UCP, it shows nothing in the dropdown and when I roll the images don't show up.

I'm not sure how to fix this - anyone have this issue as well?
Look at my posts on this page.... ;) You will find the answers you seek....

EDIT to Add: my posts are now on the previous page....

Tiree

Post by Tiree »

I must be a dolt, as I can't seem to get this latest release to work.

I installed a fresh test board, phpbb 3.0.10 with automod 1.0.0.1. PHP Version 5.2.17. I downloaded the 0.8.8b release, unpacked it and packed it up as a zip file format (so automod can upload and use it).

Automod Upload and Install (everything read as a success)
Performed the install, the manual changes to styles/prosilver/template/ucp_prefs_view.html
Performed the updateDatabase.php (all with success)
Created the Dice BB Code (new board, fresh install, nothing else ID=13)
Created the Dice= BB Code (new board, fresh install, nothing else ID=14)
Make the Dicemod ACP Module and cleared cache in the General Tab
Go to the forum permissions, give myself, registered users, administrators, and even created a new group called dice users, all with dice rolling permission.

I even added the following bit of code from a previous poster's issue:

Code: Select all

var_dump("this works");
I get nothing. I can't get it to work at all. All i get is [dice]3d6[/dice]

The only thing I can think of is that I am purging the wrong cache, as I have checked it 3 or 4 times. Or AutoMod did not put the code in the right spots. I verified that all the files were located in the correct spots. I can see the .MOD tab in the ACP and can configure the dice roller.

Help?!?!

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent »

you might have already done this, but:
go to the forum settings and set the dice radio button of "Allow Dice" to something other than "No". [not sure I used the exact descriptions, but I'm too lazy for that atm]

Tiree

Post by Tiree »

If you mean the one that says "Can roll dice" and gives you the option of "Yes, No, or Never" then yes I have.

Tiree

Post by Tiree »

Ah, I see what you mean, and thank you for the pointers. It does seem to be working now.

brentil

Post by brentil »

Ok so I have dicemod version 0.8.4 installed via automod. I've uploaded dicemod version 0.8.8b into the automod system to prepare to install it. How do I correctly "update" the installed dicemod using autmod? Do I just install the new version 0.8.8b with the old one still installed or do I have to uninstall the old version first prior to installing the new? If I have to uninstall the old version what happens to all of our historic dice rolls?

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

brentil wrote:Ok so I have dicemod version 0.8.4 installed via automod. I've uploaded dicemod version 0.8.8b into the automod system to prepare to install it. How do I correctly "update" the installed dicemod using autmod? Do I just install the new version 0.8.8b with the old one still installed or do I have to uninstall the old version first prior to installing the new? If I have to uninstall the old version what happens to all of our historic dice rolls?
you can't use automod to update. if there are update instructions, they will be in the contrib folder. if there are none, I think you'll have to completely reinstall it......
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

brentil

Post by brentil »

Jessica wrote:you can't use automod to update. if there are update instructions, they will be in the contrib folder. if there are none, I think you'll have to completely reinstall it......
Thank you. Not the answer I wanted to hear but at least I know the right way to do it now.

I bet I could export the dice rolls table and then import it post uninstall/re-install to maintain our historic dice rolls.

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent »

brentil wrote:
Jessica wrote:I bet I could export the dice rolls table and then import it post uninstall/re-install to maintain our historic dice rolls.
no need to export the dice rolls - in fact it might kill your dice roll history if you export them, update the board files and import them again, since the dice database might have experienced changes. you can find php files in the contrib folder that will update the database, they are named pretty selfexplanatory.

aragorn_sda

Post by aragorn_sda »

Hi. I was trying the mod in a localhost forum and came across this after I tried [dice](10d12)-10[/dice]

Is it a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

anodyzed

Post by anodyzed »

Try it without the parenthesis inside the dice tags, in other words: 10d12-10 instead of (10d12)-10
and see what happens.

aragorn_sda

Post by aragorn_sda »

Yeah, that worked.

But I tried the example in the first page:

[dice]10/(3d20+3)*-2.5)[/dice]

And it also works even though the parentheses are not balances. And the answer is always 9000.09961.

MalkContent

Post by MalkContent »

well crap -_-
looks like I'll have to review the mathparser again.
at least that was on the todo-list anyways.
check back for updates on this, I'm sure I'll find the time for it between now and christmas.

jerkahn

Post by jerkahn »

I'm sure I'm missing something here but I am having issues crafting rolls. It's most likely a permissions thing I'm thinking since I've never been able to do it and I've been using this since 8.1.

When I try [dice]d6:2,1,6[/dice] all that shows in the post is [dice]d6:2,1,6[/dice] no actual rolls.

I've got the mod installed and up to date on 8.8b. The rolls are working fine, the math is working as well as my memory of basic math functions allows, but I'm not able to craft.

Is crafting a separate permission from allowing dicerolls? If so where? I've been looking off and on in the forum permissions and I can't find it.

Again I'm sure I'm missing something but the code is installed correctly ( at least I assume so since I've done it a few times and the rest of the functionality works fine) but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Again thanks for the MOD it's working great, I'm just trying to use it to it's potential.

alicia86
Name: Alicia

Post by alicia86 »

Crafting permissions iirc is tied into moderator permissions.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”