[ABD] Dicemod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jerkahn

Re: [BETA] Dicemod

Post by jerkahn »

Then perhaps I don't have it installed correctly. I'm not seeing it there. I'll have to start at the beginning again and make sure I've got everything there.

It's odd that it works fine with everything else, just not showing up in the admin panels for crafting.

Perhaps i missed something in the updates somewhere. I'll have to dig through them and see.

Thanks for the reply.

alicia86
Name: Alicia

Post by alicia86 »

Now that I'm actually on my comp I went ahead and took a screenie of what should be seen. Hopefully it helps.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/094ghzh6f

jerkahn

Post by jerkahn »

alicia86 wrote:Now that I'm actually on my comp I went ahead and took a screenie of what should be seen. Hopefully it helps.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/094ghzh6f

Thank you, It was indeed my inability to find out where the permissions were. The screen helped out a lot. It's good to know I'm ok at copy/pasting and just an idiot when it comes to my board.

You just made life a lot more interesting for my players :)

Svalin

Post by Svalin »

Hi

This is the best mod I've found at phpbb forum. It works nice and its easy to install (took like 10 minutes and with no problems). Just one suggest for those that use this mod every single day: add 100-sided dice. Too many games (like 'Anima beyond fantasy', etc, etc) uses that kind of dice, and other games that usually don't use it sometimes also need a 100-sided dice roll

The most difficult part of this could be create 100 images, more if you (MalkContent) render a 100-sided dice o_O. Considering that, it would be easier if you just take a good (and maybe a litte bigger) pic of a dice and type of the front side 100 numbers, one for each image. I took your rendered images and made it smaller, changing their colour and it looks pretty nice: http://artheim.com.es/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38

I mean: you can just make 100 images of this 100-sided roll. People that use this mod in text mode won't have any problems, and those who just want better images will search Internet for them =P

Anyway, amazing great job. Don't abandon this mod, we are thousands using it!
THANKS!

brentil

Post by brentil »

I've actually done that already... :mrgreen:

Unzip the contents of the zip into "dicemod/skins/classic steel" and then add a dice type of d100 to the Classic Steel config.

http://www.inner-ninja.com/MISC_Files/D100.zip

If the mod author wants to include these in the main install feel free.

Svalin

Post by Svalin »

Just adding a 100-sided dice and copying those images into this folder? O_o
I though it wasn't implemented, so it was impossible to roll a 100-sided dice. Nice to know! I'll try then, this will be an amazing achievement to my forum xP

Just one question.. why do you have 2 images for 100? I mean: d100_00 and d100_100. 2 images for the same number, I don't understand (101 images for a 100-sided dice) =/ Or maybe is for you to choose how do you want the 100 to be shown? Or maybe you have 2% probability to have a 100 in this roll?

Thanks a lot, I'm on it!

EDIT: One more thing. I have rolled the dice and got 6. And didn't show image, the dicemod requested for a d100_6 image, and you have d100_06. Why it works for you with this d100_06.jpg and not for me? =/

brentil

Post by brentil »

The logic must have changed since I made the images... I'm not running the latest version yet. You may have to rename the 1~9 ones to get it to work. To be safe just copy the 1~9 images and renamed them so you have both copies. I'll update my zip file later today too.

I had made the 00 & 100 because I wasn't sure how the system worked when calling for the number 100 since in D10 terms rolling a 100 is rolling 2 x 0.

Svalin

Post by Svalin »

Understood =)
It seems that in the latest version the requested images are: d100_1.jpg, d100_2.jpg etc., to 9, so you don't need to use the 'old' d100_01.jpg, etc., unless you update the mod and Malk change that. But you are right, its better to keep it safe and have both uploaded

About the 100, I don't know either, we don't have a 100 rolled still xD
Thanks a lot brentil =)

Svalin

Post by Svalin »

Hahaha I rolled the dice and got 100!!! xD
Now I can answer you: the image used to show this result is d100_100.gif. I got this result here: http://artheim.com.es/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... p=521#p521 =D!!!

brentil

Post by brentil »

I just uploaded the corrected zip file with the extra 1~9 images.

http://www.inner-ninja.com/MISC_Files/D100.zip

Elder Elemental Evil

Post by Elder Elemental Evil »

All installed. Works great! Only issue I notice is that sadly, it doesn't seem to work through Tapatalk.

jage

Post by jage »

I feel like this could be helpful if you're getting [dice]3d6[/dice] instead of a roll. This is not clear in the instructions, but you have to go to the Manage Forums > Forum > Edit and not the "forum permissions" to set dice:

jage

Post by jage »

Couple of questions- installed on 3.0.11 and seems to be functioning.

1. How do you get d100 images enabled? I enabled the d100 by adding it to "real dice" but it does not show dice images.

2. What are the tags in [dice=tag1,tag2,tag3]? The only tag that doesn't break is "total" which simply doesn't show the individual dice (I have show dice and total). Also if an unrecognized tag is entered [dice=foobar] instead of ignoring it and rolling, it becomes [dicefoobar] and posts (not sure if this is phpbb or mod).

3. Is there a current way to roll 2d10 as percent? Yes there is the d100, but I'd like to be able to do something like [dice=percent]2d10[/dice] and have the result be 7,8 percent 78 instead of 7,8 total 15. A tag that removed the total when both are board enabled would help for now (basically the opposite of how total works)

4. Where do I get more dice? If I make dice themes where/how should I share them?

5. And a suggestion: make [dice]dX[/dice] equivalent to [dice]1dX[/dice] please!

Thanks to developers also, vanilla out of the box this mod is phenomenal! Please continue support!

brentil

Post by brentil »

jage wrote:Couple of questions- installed on 3.0.11 and seems to be functioning.

1. How do you get d100 images enabled? I enabled the d100 by adding it to "real dice" but it does not show dice images.
Look like 5 posts above yours, I made all of the D100 images I had previously created available for users to add along with how to add them.

jage

Post by jage »

brentil wrote: Look like 5 posts above yours, I made all of the D100 images I had previously created available for users to add along with how to add them.
You know I glazed over that, the install is so simple I missed it.

That said, I think I'm going to have to make a d100 image pack, not the 2d10 (having both is a bit confusing):

Sure, I could just tell people NOT to use 2d10, but that's too easy!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”