[ABD]Display games owned 1.4.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
darkonia

Re: [BETA]Display games owned 1.3.1

Post by darkonia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 am

madmartyau wrote: Still to do
  • * ACP option to limit how many games show in view profile/viewtopic
    * BBcode use in description field.
    * Permissions for using games UCP
    * Look at layout on all pages
    * Option for displaying games in small size on main games page.
    * Option to use the image hover feature
    * Option for admins only to add/delete games for users

I want a easier adding games feature in the games categorys like this:

so its now:

i want it so:

The Plus icon is for adding this game to the games the user played/have etc.

and the Minus icon is for delete this game from the users games played/have etc.

can you make something like this?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

madmartyau
Name: Marty

Re: [BETA]Display games owned 1.3.1

Post by madmartyau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:36 am

darkonia wrote:
I want a easier adding games feature in the games categorys like this:

The Plus icon is for adding this game to the games the user played/have etc.

and the Minus icon is for delete this game from the users games played/have etc.

can you make something like this?
I have thought about doing this. I have so little time free at the moment that i'd rather concentrate on the existing list of suggestions though. I'll add it to the new list of things that may/may not be added.
Call me Grumpy.

madmartyau

Re: [BETA]Display games owned 1.3.2

Post by madmartyau » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 am

New version uploaded
  • Added in 1.3.2
  • BBcode use in description field.
Call me Grumpy.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 am

oh how nice, great thx mad :mrgreen:
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 am

this error is still present, especially when using bbcodes in the description field, its too long, how can i get this fix ?
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Data too long for column 'description' at row 1 [1406]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_games SET name = 'Aion', image = 'aion.jpg', description = 'In Aion schlüpft der Spieler in die Rolle eines Elyos oder Asmodiers und entdeckt die Welt von Atreia, in der er als göttliches Wesen, als sogenannter Daeva, einen Kampf gegen die Bedrohungen des Planeten auf sich nimmt.\nZu dem MMOG in der Database >>>', parent = '6' WHERE id = 74

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_games.php
LINE: 398
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_games->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 76
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:33 pm

darkonia: Might I recommend shortening the description? Remember bbcode will be expanded once converted for insertion in the database. The problem you are running into is that the field for storing that data is not long enough in the database. If you really want to, change the database field to be longer. Might I recommend using SQLyog for your database tool?

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for replying Gremlin. Darkonia, I will look into the problem as a priority.
Call me Grumpy.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm

thx for your fast reply :ugeek:

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 am

I'll lift the character limit in the next release but for now just run this query in phpmyadmin or whatever you access your database with.

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_games` CHANGE `description` `description` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
Make sure to change phpbb to the prefix used in your database and change the varchar amount to what you want it limited to.
Call me Grumpy.

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:19 am

Hi madmartyau,

I got a few more feature requests. ;)

1) I saw someone else mention allready, but I would like all games owned listed in the UCP as default. And ofc sorted like it is now, when clicking the categories. Its been a while since I looked at this mod last, and it was the only thing that slightly confused me when I was trying to add games.
2) Id like an extra tab with custom profile fields in the UCP/games section. Those fields would show (when filled out) in the signature(or posting profile), above the games already there or together with the currently playing link. I'm thinking of profile fields like ingame name, race, level, server etc. I know i have asked for a similar feature earlier in this thread but haven't found a solution myself yet.

best regards

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Mess wrote:Hi madmartyau,

I got a few more feature requests. ;)

1) I saw someone else mention allready, but I would like all games owned listed in the UCP as default. And ofc sorted like it is now, when clicking the categories. Its been a while since I looked at this mod last, and it was the only thing that slightly confused me when I was trying to add games.
2) Id like an extra tab with custom profile fields in the UCP/games section. Those fields would show (when filled out) in the signature(or posting profile), above the games already there or together with the currently playing link. I'm thinking of profile fields like ingame name, race, level, server etc. I know i have asked for a similar feature earlier in this thread but haven't found a solution myself yet.

best regards
1) Yeah I'm not real fond of the layout in the UCP and will be making changes to it.

2) Couldn't you just use custom profile fields for this? Everyone would want something different and then there's also mods available to have your xbox live gamertag in your profile. I could see it getting messy. I'm not writing it off but I'm not too keen on the idea.
Call me Grumpy.

Mess

Post by Mess » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 pm

madmartyau wrote:2) Couldn't you just use custom profile fields for this? Everyone would want something different and then there's also mods available to have your xbox live gamertag in your profile. I could see it getting messy. I'm not writing it off but I'm not too keen on the idea.
Thats perfectly alright. Its you're mod so you ofc need to make it like you want it.
I already tried using custom profile fields, but don't care much for them turning up on the profile tab at the bottom. Ill try to educate myself on how to move specific custom profile fields to other locations to achieve what i want.
Thanks for you're time, again. ;)

der-nappel

Post by der-nappel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

Hi,

I´ve a board for collectors of Kinder Surprise Eggs. Your MOD looks very good for this what I need, but I´ve a question...

Is it possible to create Subcategories? Because I need Categories with Subcategories to differ the collectibles.
To explain what I mean:

Category: "Papers"
Subcategory: "Aqualand 1997"
Articles: =Here the single Items=

Regards
Gregor

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:38 am

der-nappel wrote:Hi,

I´ve a board for collectors of Kinder Surprise Eggs. Your MOD looks very good for this what I need, but I´ve a question...

Is it possible to create Subcategories? Because I need Categories with Subcategories to differ the collectibles.
To explain what I mean:

Category: "Papers"
Subcategory: "Aqualand 1997"
Articles: =Here the single Items=

Regards
Gregor
Sorry but while it could be done, i'm struggling for time as it is so probably not.
Call me Grumpy.

Mess

Post by Mess » Fri May 07, 2010 10:00 am

Madmartyau I am a little on the fence. Id like to go live with you're mod, but if you have an [RC] or upgrade around the corner id rather wait for that. What would you advice? Any upgrades in the foreseeable future?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”