[ABD]Display games owned 1.4.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gazanimal

Re: [BETA]Display games owned 1.2.7

Post by Gazanimal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Actually it seems that non of the database entries are being created.

I run the install.php file & it takes me to the log in screen on my forum, but if I navigate to the Index it gives the error.

I've been away from phpbb for a while so a bit rusty on installing tables manually :/

madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Gazanimal wrote:Actually it seems that non of the database entries are being created.

I run the install.php file & it takes me to the log in screen on my forum, but if I navigate to the Index it gives the error.

I've been away from phpbb for a while so a bit rusty on installing tables manually :/
Are you logging in before you run the installer?
When the installer is finished it should give you a screen saying "Games MOD install success". Do you get that.
Call me Grumpy.

Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:33 pm

I log in after I navigate to the insall.php file

WHen that runs it takes me to the log in screen, then I log in. BUT, when I go to the Index of the forums I get the above error.

I don't get the "Games Mod Installed" screen after running the install.php

I've looked through mySQL database & the tables such as games_awarded aren't being created which I presume is what the install.php is trying to do.
Last edited by Gazanimal on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Gazanimal wrote:I log in after I navigate to the insall.php file

WHen that runs it takes me to the log in screen, then I log in. BUT, when I go to the Index of the forums I get the above error.

I've looked through mySQL database & the tables such as games_awarded aren't being created which I presume is what the install.php is trying to do.
The installer won't run unless you are logged in first.
This is what you should see if you run the installer while logged in.

and after you install/update it you should see
Call me Grumpy.

Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Ah... that's cured it.

Sorry, I didn't realise I had to be logged in. D'oh! :roll:

Thanks for pointing it out :D

Seems to be working now :mrgreen:

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 am

Gazanimal wrote:Ah... that's cured it.

Sorry, I didn't realise I had to be logged in. D'oh! :roll:

Thanks for pointing it out :D

Seems to be working now :mrgreen:
Glad I could help.
Call me Grumpy.

Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the help Marty.

One thing I've noticed is when I go to the "Games" button I'm getting a php debug error at the top of my screen.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /games.php on line 125: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
This only seems to happen if no user has a game selected at all. As long as one person does it seems to be ok.

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Gazanimal wrote:Thanks for the help Marty.

One thing I've noticed is when I go to the "Games" button I'm getting a php debug error at the top of my screen.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /games.php on line 125: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
This only seems to happen if no user has a game selected at all. As long as one person does it seems to be ok.
Someone else had this problem but we never got to the bottom of it. You've been a lot more specific about when the error occurs so now I'll be able to fix that. Thanks.
Call me Grumpy.

RJx

Post by RJx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 am

Nice mod, I'll be installing this tomorrow
I don't suppose you've considered some form of steam integration?(eg, Calling the users steam ID from a custom profile field then checking/calling which games are owned on steam by the user and displaying them?)
Just an idea, Not even sure if calling games owned is possible with steam but I've seen user status and gameplay hours shown.

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 am

RJx wrote:Nice mod, I'll be installing this tomorrow
I don't suppose you've considered some form of steam integration?(eg, Calling the users steam ID from a custom profile field then checking/calling which games are owned on steam by the user and displaying them?)
Just an idea, Not even sure if calling games owned is possible with steam but I've seen user status and gameplay hours shown.
It's probably possible. I've done a similar thing for xbox live but it's been tailored specifically for my needs so I won't be releasing it any time soon. I've thought about some configuration options that would allow anyone to use it but I'm not sure I could be bothered. FYI I use the same info to build the leaderboard at AAWA
Call me Grumpy.

Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Hope you can fix that error Marty. It's a great mod & just what I'm looking for.

It'll be great for the new multi-platform/genre gaming clan I'm setting up, so the more developed it gets the better & I'm sure alot of people appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for the great job & the help.

Not bad for an Aussie :P

Riggedid

Post by Riggedid » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 am

This mod is going to go great with my website.
Any known bugs?

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:33 am

Gazanimal wrote:Hope you can fix that error Marty. It's a great mod & just what I'm looking for.

It'll be great for the new multi-platform/genre gaming clan I'm setting up, so the more developed it gets the better & I'm sure alot of people appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for the great job & the help.

Not bad for an Aussie :P
I've fixed that bug already for the next release but I'm working on a couple of extra features to put in as well.

sssh don't tell anyone.
Call me Grumpy.

kingsblend

Post by kingsblend » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 am

Madmartyau,

First I would like to say, excelent mod! I just have one quick question. On your demo forum, I was wondering how on the main games.php page you are displaying one of the categorys by default. On my forum, once I installed and added all of my categorys and added the games to them, my games.php displays "No Available Games" until you click the categorys. Can you help me out here?

Regards,
kingsBlend

EDIT* Fixed it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by kingsblend on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

madmartyau

Post by madmartyau » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 am

kingsblend wrote:Madmartyau,

First I would like to say, excelent mod! I just have one quick question. On your demo forum, I was wondering how on the main games.php page you are displaying one of the categorys by default. On my forum, once I installed and added all of my categorys and added the games to them, my games.php displays "No Available Games" until you click the categorys. Can you help me out here?

Regards,
kingsBlend
Are you using the latest version? That was a bug in the first release. The category that shows should be the one at the top of the list in the ACP. You can of course change the order of the categories on that page as well.
Call me Grumpy.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”